mtbr member

Feel like i'm taking crazy pills

This broken wrist is making me go nuts. I get the first cast off Thursday, then have another one for 6 more weeks.
    I WANT TO RIDE!!!!

All this time off im taking to build a new bike, going to start ordering new parts for a Rune or Nomad build end of the month.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by PhxBenK View Post
    This broken wrist is making me go nuts. I get the first cast off Thursday, then have another one for 6 more weeks.
    I WANT TO RIDE!!!!
    It's 113°
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    That is what Flagstaff was invented for. It's only 2hrs away.

Meatbomb
    could be worse .... you could be posting this in March .

mtbr member
    I WANT TO PLEASURE MYSELF!!!!

All this time off im taking to build a new bike, going to start ordering new parts for a Rune or Nomad build end of the month.
    Fixed it for you.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    It's 113°
    No it's not. According to my fancy new phone, it's 105. That's sweater weather.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

skilldest©
    I WANT TO RIDE!!!!

I am going stir crazy too. Doc says i have 5-6 months before getting back on the trails... Sounds like a prison sentence. Drinking beer is my mtn biking replacement for now. At least I am good at that.....................

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Bro i wondered where you had been! WTF? Break bones and you disappear.. shoulda been letting me ride your bike for you

Jay - did i miss what happened??? Wasnt just dislocated i assume??

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    I'm on week 12 after fracturing my tibia on April 2nd. Was finally able to road ride outside last week, don't care if its 120 degrees...I'm riding! Crutches for 7 weeks can make you go mad. Hang in there! You will be up and running in no time.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

banned
    Jun 2011
    Dude take it easy, don't rush, but start now. Get some putty and start with your grip...
    But go easy. You muscle will have to be rebuilt and I know it's not fun, but...

skilldest©
    Quote Originally Posted by SHNIPE View Post
    Bro i wondered where you had been! WTF? Break bones and you disappear.. shoulda been letting me ride your bike for you

Broke the shoulder socket when it dislocated on Pass Mtn ride Memorial Day. I think the feature is called Scarface. Anyway, going under the knife in the coming weeks to screw/pin the bones back together . Time and then physical therapy before I can peddle. Just gonna take some time. Can't wait to get back out there!

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by _dragon View Post
    Broke the shoulder socket when it dislocated on Pass Mtn ride Memorial Day. I think the feature is called Scarface. Anyway, going under the knife in the coming weeks to screw/pin the bones back together . Time and then physical therapy before I can peddle. Just gonna take some time. Can't wait to get back out there!
    Sounds.... NO FUN. Hope it goes smooth and it's a speedy recovery!..............Drew

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHNIPE View Post

Yea broke it like week before Memorial day at PMP. I was in Europe for the last month though so that took away some of the boredom. I was planning to bike in Spain/France but ended up just drinking more
    You don't have a bike??? You are free to borrow my ****, though the Stans has been sitting for over a month, so it prolly needs to be cleaned out.
    I am going stir crazy too. Doc says i have 5-6 months before getting back on the trails... Sounds like a prison sentence. Drinking beer is my mtn biking replacement for now. At least I am good at that.....................
    Yea same man, but the girls think its wicked.....
    Quote Originally Posted by AzMntBkr1 View Post
    Dude take it easy, don't rush, but start now. Get some putty and start with your grip...
    But go easy. You muscle will have to be rebuilt and I know it's not fun, but...
    I broke my right wrist last year, was back in the gym the day I got it off, took about 2 weeks to get full use back, kept dropping things.
    These things suck

mtbr member
    suckkkks!!
    Hopefully it's not too much longer before you can ride!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    LOL no I have my giant reign still... I just think its more fun to thrash your bike instead of mine! Let me know when youre good to go and we'll start off with some easy stuff!

mtbr member
    Some things never change.
    I need some new rotors too, bent them all to hell and they rub pretty bad, even after "fixing" them.