I am Bob

fantasy Island 2/17

I know it's a litle early but...

I'm going to be right by the fantasy island trails on saturday 2/17 and will have between 9:30 and 2pm to ride.I have never ridden there and would love to ride with someone who knows the trails. Anyone interested?
    Any phoenix folks want to ride down there that day?

Bob

mtbr member
    Chongoman

As that is the day of the 24 hour race you may not get any takers. The good thing is that FI is about as user friendly as it gets. As I recall you can do about 19 miles if you do every thing once. I would skip the bunny trail though as it is fairly flat and not real exciting. Just enter and follow the one way signs do all of the outside loops with the exception of the bunny unless you really want all the miles and then there is one loop off the side of the bunny.

Tim

igoslo
    Oh, Bob wants all the miles. Do bunny Bob, really easy but fast and fun. Feel free to swing by 24hr town and say "hi" on your way home.

I am Bob
    Oh yeah... the big race I forgot about that.
    Maybe I'll do it next year.
    thanks for the tips. I guess I'll do all the trails then.
    Have a great race all.

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by chongoman
    Oh yeah... the big race I forgot about that.
    Maybe I'll do it next year.
    thanks for the tips. I guess I'll do all the trails then.
    Have a great race all.
    Don't forget that MyBikesBroken Aaron will be hosting a fun race at FI on Sunday, March 4th. Revenge of the Bunny Time Trial. Go to www.CosmicRaces.com for details.

I'm hoping to get down there for his event and hope lots of other MTBR folks will show too.

"Yabut"
    Thanks Kathleen. Yeah, it's a fun race, come on down.
    The Bunny Trail is flat, yes. But it's pretty winding, and if you ride fast, it's really fun. Also take the Snake Dance Loop off of the Bunny Trail. It will test your handling skills if you ride it as fast as you can.

And you will probably have the trail to yourself, as most people will be at the 24HOP.

~Aaron~
    ~Aaron~
    "I like the night life. I like to boogie."

www.CosmicRaces.com

Too many Sedonuts...
    Bob-

I may be up for the 17th...works well as long as I can be back in the valley by 5pm. Been wanting to ride down there for a while just to check it out.

-JB
    When the world slips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall.

I am Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by CactusJoe
    Bob-

I may be up for the 17th...works well as long as I can be back in the valley by 5pm. Been wanting to ride down there for a while just to check it out.

-JB
    My ride needs to be done around 2pm so that should be fine. I'll check in the middle of next week to see if you can make it. I think 4 hours should be plenty to explore the trails there. mybe meet there around 10am?

Too many Sedonuts...
    That should work for me. You up for a car pool? I can take up to 5 with bikes in the crew cab.
    When the world slips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall.

igoslo
    Quote Originally Posted by chongoman
    My ride needs to be done around 2pm so that should be fine. I'll check in the middle of next week to see if you can make it. I think 4 hours should be plenty to explore the trails there. mybe meet there around 10am?
    You should be able to do every inch of trail in around two hours if your moving at a decent pace, add another hour for BS and blowouts, you'll be fine.

im4Gsus
    That should work for me. You up for a car pool? I can take up to 5 with bikes in the crew cab.
    hey CJ, dont forget your shoes this time!

i rode FI last year and enjoyed it a lot. i'd like to possibly join if you'd consider starting with the bunny trail (south side entrance). it's a good warm up to start, and nice cool down at the end. the north entrance gets "busy" right away.

me and my 29er could ride/car pool w/u.

K
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

I am Bob
    I'm going to visit some family right after the ride so I carpooling won't work for me. sounds like you may have another taker though.
    look forward to riding, should be fun.