involuntary dismounter

Fantasy Bunny Race?

hey tucson people...how did that bunny loop race go? i was there for a quick ride early in the morning...saw people setting up and ran into a dude going the wrong way on cactus looking for bunny...

i couldn't come out...i'm in a wedding in a month and had wedding related crap...

so how did it go? how did everyone do?

come on tucson people...contribute to the phoenix forum!
    Solo Trail Explorer and Granny Gear Ninja!

friends will help you move, good friends will help you move a body...

wrecking crew
    Yes! We wanna hear about the Fantasy Bunny action!!! Come on and cough up your hairball!
    ~~~

"Yabut"

Ok, Ok.....

Well, being the organizer, I have to say it was probably the best event ever to happen in Arizona! hahaha.

Seriously though, it went pretty good. It was windy. Did I mention it was windy? There were 40 racers total, and the fastest lap (9 miles) was a 33:15. Pretty fast! There were a couple crashes, but no serious injury. Although one racer decided to tackle a cholla. Not a pretty sight. He must have had 50 cholla balls stuck all over him. He finished his lap though. Last I saw him, a friend was picking out the spines.

We unveiled a brand new trail to everyone. It's a 1.6 mile loop, off of the Snake Dance Loop, called The Bunny's Revenge Trail. Slugobikes and I have been working on it for the past month. We kept the entrance and the exit a secret until race day. We would carry our bikes to the trail, and then do lap after lap to burn the trail in. It's a pretty fun section, and fast. Give it a try.

The food and awards were held at the nearby Desert Sunset BMX track. Luckily, the wind had died down some, so people could eat and drink in peace. The food was EXCELLENT, and gone in no time. There was a variety of beers to choose from, and those were also nearly gone. All you guys left me with was friggin Bud Light! NO good leftovers!

That's the quickie rundown. I do have some photos, but they are on disc, coming from Phoenix. So, a couple more days for those. The next race is in the works! It will be another time trial staged out of Colossal Cave State Park.
    ~Aaron~
    "I like the night life. I like to boogie."

www.CosmicRaces.com

involuntary dismounter

sounds like you all did an awesome job!
    and yes...it was freakin' windy! with that headwind, and the state of my legs that morning, i was moving at a snail's pace ...and did feel a little sad for those racers...that's a lot to pedal against!

new loop...woo hoo!!!! i'm stoked to try it! sounds fun!!!

hope cholla dude is ok...only went into one of those once...got one cholla ball in me...and man did that hurt coming out! OUCH!!! i will now dive head first into a prickly pear before touching a cholla!
    Solo Trail Explorer and Granny Gear Ninja!

friends will help you move, good friends will help you move a body...

**Bang Head Here**
    Aaron!

Dude! Wish I could have been there! Sounds awesome! I am looking forward to the Colassal Cave Ride details. Keep us posted.

~Heidi
    "The Edge...there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." Hunter S. Thompson

Dark Eco
    Aaron, just want to say thank you for an excellent event. This is the first time I have done anything like that and I had a great time. I am new to the mtb community and dont know a lot of you, but have to say that everyone is very friendly and supportive. I guess that is kind of theraputic for me since I deal with public all day.

The trail was great, the wind sucked. I got passed by the guy that had the fastest time, ( he was just one of many, ok it was only 5) all's I saw was smoke and dust go by and then watched him dissappear up a hill. I am not worthy.

The cholla guy was cool. Somewhere there is a naked cholla.

Again thank you and I like Bud Light. Its a step up for me.
    Craig

mtbr member

Cholla Guy is Great

I talked to him at work the next day and he said that after a couple of percodans and about two hours of his wife picking out thorns, he was as good as new and ready for the next race.

Great job by Aaron. The wind blows...in every way...and I think it was pretty cold, too, but (as a volunteer) I think he put on a good show. And yes, the food was great. I don't know if it's the best thing Chaco's makes, but was mighty tasty.

"Yabut"
    Quote Originally Posted by azwxman
    And yes, the food was great. I don't know if it's the best thing Chaco's makes, but was mighty tasty.
    Ok, their carne asada tacos are pretty good too.
    ~Aaron~

www.CosmicRaces.com

mtbr member

Even Better

I was thinking of their pollo con arroz (arroz con pollo?). I could eat that every day...for awhile.

"Yabut"
    ~Aaron~

www.CosmicRaces.com

"Yabut"
    ~Aaron~

www.CosmicRaces.com

mtbr member

Bud Light?

That doesn't look like a Bud Light bottle....I've seen plenty of them on the side of the road. Sorry I missed it again. I notice how everyone is standing back from mister cholla ball...