Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member

F the Chicago Cubs...

Call it what you want, but this is NOT a weather rant...

Seriously, F spring training. F the train of hikers in their Rockports and their fanny packs. F the love birds walking hand-in-hand two abreast talking about the latest Justin Beaver album. F the guy on the cell phone calling about the TV he found on Craigslist. F the jogger who decides to let me pass by standing on the best part of the trail. F the cyclist who yells at me for getting in his way during his descent. Oh, and F Sammy Sosa. STAY OFF MY TRAIL!!!!!

There, I said it. I got it off my chest. That is the last rant until hopefully October, when I ***** and moan about having to turn the heater on.

(And to head you all off at the pass: I say "hi" to every hiker, biker, jogger, etc., I see on the trail. I just *wish* they all did it some place else.)
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

sprocket
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Call it what you want, but this is NOT a weather rant...

Seriously, F spring training. F the train of hikers in their Rockports and their fanny packs. F the love birds walking hand-in-hand two abreast talking about the latest Justin Beaver album. F the guy on the cell phone calling about the TV he found on Craigslist. F the jogger who decides to let me pass by standing on the best part of the trail. F the cyclist who yells at me for getting in his way during his descent. Oh, and F Sammy Sosa. STAY OFF MY TRAIL!!!!!

There, I said it. I got it off my chest. That is the last rant until hopefully October, when I ***** and moan about having to turn the heater on.

(And to head you all off at the pass: I say "hi" to every hiker, biker, jogger, etc., I see on the trail. I just *wish* they all did it some place else.)
    F off skinny, you are nothing but a whiny biznatch.

banned
    heavy flow day...?

Plus size jersey model
    Who is Justin Beaver and can I purchase his fine album on Itunes so that I can listen to it while I ride?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JrockFeltaz
    heavy flow day...?
    Oh god, I in no way intended this to turn into a JR/Yeti love fest. Sorry all in advance...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigworm520
    Who is Justin Beaver and can I purchase his fine album on Itunes so that I can listen to it while I ride?
    Here, let me help:

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...+justin+beaver

banned
    Oh god, I in no way intended this to turn into a JR/Yeti love fest. Sorry all in advance...

my comment was directed at you douchebag

mtbr member
    my comment was directed at you douchebag
    No **** sherlock. But I'm guessing by the end of the day, you and Yeti will have taken over this thread, and maybe about 5 others.

banned
    No **** sherlock. But I'm guessing by the end of the day, you and Yeti will have taken over this thread, and maybe about 5 others.

At least yeti posts some pics...When was the last time you posted some riding pics. This is a bike forum not dearskinny-tire.com

mtbr member
    At least yeti posts some pics...When was the last time you posted some riding pics. This is a bike forum not dearskinny-tire.com
    Sorry bro. I thought this was a forum for mt bikers, not photographers. I'm been trying to upload my Polaroids, but I can't get them to fit in my disc drive. Any suggestions?

banned
    Sorry bro. I thought this was a forum for mt bikers, not photographers. I'm been trying to upload my Polaroids, but I can't get them to fit in my disc drive. Any suggestions?

excuse me, but I am not your BRO

mtbr member
    excuse me, but I am not your BRO
    Compadre?

Occidental Tourist
    You were rather fired up about the hikers. Should have ridden with us.
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by YuriB
    You were rather fired up about the hikers. Should have ridden with us.
    I was just finishing up my ride. But that was a big group. Was it an organized thing? Did you ever find the lost biker? I felt sorry for her, and she looked like she was struggling a bit (but she had a bit smile on her face).

To be blunt, I was in a sour mood after some assjack bombing down T100 yelled at me for being on the left side of the trail (which is the smooth part) on the climb. It was just frustrating to not get into a groove, as it seemed every couple minutes or so, I had to slow for another hiker. But up to that point, I just chalked it up to the nice weather and knew the trails would be crowded. And I'd rather they be out taking advantage of the trails versus inside playing video games, etc. It was just that damn cyclist yelling at me .

Elitest thrill junkie
    Why do you hate sports?
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

NardoSS
    ...some assjack bombing down T100 yelled at me for being on the left side of the trail (which is the smooth part) on the climb.
    If it's wide enough for two cyclists then, yep, git to the right. I believe in "up" has the right of way, but being choosy about sides is being petty.

Yep, perfect out this morning!!!

banned
    I was just finishing up my ride. But that was a big group. Was it an organized thing? Did you ever find the lost biker? I felt sorry for her, and she looked like she was struggling a bit (but she had a bit smile on her face).

To be blunt, I was in a sour mood after some assjack bombing down T100 yelled at me for being on the left side of the trail (which is the smooth part) on the climb. It was just frustrating to not get into a groove, as it seemed every couple minutes or so, I had to slow for another hiker. But up to that point, I just chalked it up to the nice weather and knew the trails would be crowded. And I'd rather they be out taking advantage of the trails versus inside playing video games, etc. It was just that damn cyclist yelling at me .
    I sense alot of deep inter-personal conflict going on with all the anger you seem to put off latley.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NardoSS
    If it's wide enough for two cyclists then, yep, git to the right. I believe in "up" has the right of way, but being choosy about sides is being petty.

Yep, perfect out this morning!!!
    Sorry, you're wrong. Uphill rider should get the right of way, and I chose to stay on the hardpacked part of the trail versus over the baby heads. I'm fairly certain he saw exactly the path I was taking (the hardpacked part is very easy to see), and assumed I'd move over to let him descend. (In addition, I was on the SS, so dropping a gear and spinning was not an option, but I'm not sure he noticed the bike I was riding.)

Trust me, I know cycling protocol and etiquette. And I took a stand this time. More often than not cyclists bombing T100 are less that cordial to ascending cyclists. I have no problem "sharing" the trail, but the trail gets very loose in a lot of places, and makes it more difficult for the uphill rider.

mtbr member
    I sense alot of deep inter-personal conflict going on with all the anger you seem to put off latley.
    I'm just pissed that Cornell lost last night! I think I deserve to go off every once and a while.

banned
    I'm just pissed that Cornell lost last night! I think I deserve to go off every once and a while.

once in a while....like the last 4 years of viral nonsense. Your entitlement says alot about your character

mtbr member
    once in a while....like the last 4 years of viral nonsense. Your entitlement says alot about your character
    Look up the word "clueless."

banned
    Look up the word "clueless."

really, thats all you got..? you ***** and moan like a chick

mtbr member
    really, thats all you got..? you ***** and moan like a chick
    try harder.

banned
    try harder.

then that might mean that I cared

mtbr member
    then that might mean that I cared
    Yes, it's very obvious that you don't care.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    I hate bombing down the smooth part of T100. Give me the chunk and leave me the smooth for climbing. BTW sixty no gutter this morning...getting old I guess.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

banned
    Yes, it's very obvious that you don't care.
    Thanks for taking the time to notice douchebag

NardoSS
    I'm fairly certain he saw exactly the path I was taking (the hardpacked part is very easy to see), and assumed I'd move over to let him descend. (In addition, I was on the SS, so dropping a gear and spinning was not an option, but I'm not sure he noticed the bike I was riding.)
    "Fairly certain" and "assumed" doesn't help make your point. Also, it doesn't matter if you choose to ride a single speed or geared. If he had been on a fixie going downhill would he have had the right of way because he had to be more discriminative with rock avoidance? YOUR choice of bike has no bearing on the subject. Yes, I ride ss as well. Damn, I'm pissy for having ridden 2.5 hours this perfect morning.

I say F sensitive cyclists on the trail that believe their choice of bike or riding style should dictate right of way and F everyone else.

I'm off to throw blue bags filled with dog sh!t at hikers with pets off leash.

mtbr member
    Thanks for taking the time to notice douchebag
    wow, you enamor me with "douchebag" not once, but twice? I think you once asked me how I sleep at night. Kind of ironic, don't you think?

banned
    wow, you enamor me with "douchebag" not once, but twice? I think you once asked me how I sleep at night. Kind of ironic, don't you think?

Any tool can spout off sitting behind the keyboard. How about we meet up for a ride and see how that smart mouth of yours does in person son.

How much further ???
    Sorry bro. I thought this was a forum for mt bikers,
    I find this funny. You seem pretty quick to jump on anyone else who rants. You can dish it out but cant take it I guess.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Douger-1
    I find this funny. You seem pretty quick to jump on anyone else who rants. You can dish it out but cant take it I guess.

the curse of the sensitive cyclist

mtbr member
    Any tool can spout off sitting behind the keyboard. How about we meet up for a ride and see how that smart mouth of yours does in person son.
    Sure. Tell me where and when?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Douger-1
    I can't take it? Where did you come up with this brilliant conclusion?

banned
    Sure. Tell me where and when?

5:30 DD lot? Don't get it confused with Sodomy Gulch

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NardoSS
    "Fairly certain" and "assumed" doesn't help make your point. Also, it doesn't matter if you choose to ride a single speed or geared. If he had been on a fixie going downhill would he have had the right of way because he had to be more discriminative with rock avoidance? YOUR choice of bike has no bearing on the subject. Yes, I ride ss as well. Damn, I'm pissy for having ridden 2.5 hours this perfect morning.

I say F sensitive cyclists on the trail that believe their choice of bike or riding style should dictate right of way and F everyone else.

I'm off to throw blue bags filled with dog sh!t at hikers with pets off leash.
    My point was, he was in the wrong, whether he knew it or not, despite what bike I was on. (I find it humorous that I made an aside that I was on my SS, and that it had no bearing on my comments since I'm pretty certain he didn't know I was on a SS. Yet you're basing all this on the bike I was riding.)

If we ran into each other, and he apologized for not giving me the right of way, I would not be having this conversation. But not only did he practically run me over, but he then suggested it was my fault he almost ran me over by yelling for me to get out of his way.

Where does it state that riders should stay on the right side of a trail? Where does it say that if you are on the left side of a trail, and a cyclist is coming the opposite direction, that you must get to the right side of the trail?

Giving the exact situation, you would have had the same reaction I had. And you know it.

sprocket
    [QUOTE=JrockFeltaz]5:30 DD lot? Don't get it confused with Sodomy Gulch[/QUOTE

Make it 6:30am tomorrow morning.

mtbr member
    5:30 DD lot? Don't get it confused with Sodomy Gulch
    tonight? No good. Tomorrow a.m., say 9ish?

banned
    My point was, he was in the wrong, whether he knew it or not, despite what bike I was on. (I find it humorous that I made an aside that I was on my SS, and that it had no bearing on my comments since I'm pretty certain he didn't know I was on a SS. Yet you're basing all this on the bike I was riding.)

If we ran into each other, and he apologized for not giving me the right of way, I would not be having this conversation. But not only did he practically run me over, but he then suggested it was my fault he almost ran me over by yelling for me to get out of his way.

Where does it state that riders should stay on the right side of a trail? Where does it say that if you are on the left side of a trail, and a cyclist is coming the opposite direction, that you must get to the right side of the trail?

Giving the exact situation, you would have had the same reaction I had. And you know it.

How do you feel about dogs off leash in the preserves?

banned
    [QUOTE=yetisurly]
    5:30 DD lot? Don't get it confused with Sodomy Gulch[/QUOTE

Make it 6:30am tomorrow morning.

hmmm this is tempting....

mtbr member
    How do you feel about dogs off leash in the preserves?
    100% in favor. In fact, I think leashes should be banned altogether. And let dogs poop on the trail. I mean, come on, their dogs. That's what they do: poop.

banned
    tonight? No good. Tomorrow a.m., say 9ish?

thats a little to early for me, plus cartoons are on.

sprocket
    [QUOTE=JrockFeltaz]
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisurly

hmmm this is tempting....
    yes, it is. I will leave my place at like 6, swing by yours and we can haze on the trail at 6:30.
    it's all good!

F the skinny chick.

banned
    100% in favor. In fact, I think leashes should be banned altogether. And let dogs poop on the trail. I mean, come on, their dogs. That's what they do: poop.
    So dogs are supposed to remain on leashes and in dog parks? seems kinda cruel don't you think?

banned
    [QUOTE=yetisurly]

yes, it is. I will leave my place at like 6, swing by yours and we can haze on the trail at 6:30.
    it's all good!

F the skinny chick.
    hmmm...this is tempting

mtbr member
    thats a little to early for me, plus cartoons are on.
    Yea, but the 9 a.m. cartoons are pretty damn lame.

Well, I'll be out tomorrow. Listen for the rider yelling "GET THE **** OUT OF MY WAY. I'M ON A SS AND RIDING UPHILL." That will be me.

mtbr member
    So dogs are supposed to remain on leashes and in dog parks? seems kinda cruel don't you think?
    I said leashes should be banned. Let dogs run loose.

banned
    Yea, but the 9 a.m. cartoons are pretty damn lame.

Well, I'll be out tomorrow. Listen for the rider yelling "GET THE **** OUT OF MY WAY. I'M ON A SS AND RIDING UPHILL." That will be me.

ok, I will be shuttling t100 on my freeride bike and wont be yielding to you!!!

banned
    I said leashes should be banned. Let dogs run loose.
    A little selfish and self centered attitude to have don't you think?

mtbr member
    A little selfish and self centered attitude to have don't you think?
    Nope.

mtbr member
    ok, I will be shuttling t100 on my freeride bike and wont be yielding to you!!!
    Freeride or All Mountain?

sprocket

pfft.
    is you inner feminine majority telling you to classify riding bikes on trails?

banned

depends on what energy drink i feel like getting rowdy with before the ride...

NardoSS
    Good points and well said. :-)

I'm still throwing blue bags of dog poo at hikers later today.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisurly
    pfft.
    is you inner feminine majority telling you to classify riding bikes on trails?
    Nothing makes my day more than being called a douche (twice)by JR, and a woman by Yeti. My world is now complete.

Yes, I feel the need to classify everything. Guess what classification you are in?

mtbr member
    depends on what energy drink i feel like getting rowdy with before the ride...
    I see. You're one of THOSE types. I thought you only drank Mt. Dew?

banned
    I see. You're one of THOSE types. I thought you only drank Mt. Dew?

pffft. figures a xc douchebag like yourself would think Mtn. Dew is worthy enough to be considered an energy drink.......you prolly drink diet mtn. dew.

mtbr member
    pffft. figures a xc douchebag like yourself would think Mtn. Dew is worthy enough to be considered an energy drink.......you prolly drink diet mtn. dew.
    But I've seen the commercials. Are you suggesting it's not an energy drink, and if so, can I return unopened cans of diet mt dew?

banned
    But I've seen the commercials. Are you suggesting it's not an energy drink, and if so, can I return unopened cans of diet mt dew?

im sure you will be PMS'ing soon enough and might need them.

Need more cowbell
    another boring day on the forum....

mtbr member
    im sure you will be PMS'ing soon enough and might need them.
    According to you, I'm already PMSing, no?

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    holy crap you guys,, why arent you out riding?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike

work

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Sorry about that. It was me on MY line.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    okay,, your excuse is legit...

mtbr member
    Some of us have to work, you hippie. Besides, didn't you read my post? The trails are inundated with hikers and clueless cyclists. It's safer behind a computer. Trust me!

banned
    Some of us have to work, you hippie. Besides, didn't you read my post? The trails are inundated with hikers and clueless cyclists. It's safer behind a computer. Trust me!

AMEN bro!

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    hipppie,, lol,, nah man,, i was in high school during the Bill & Ted era,, i love my hair metal and j-rock (standing for Japan-rock,, not the dude in this thread)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by empty_set
    Sorry about that. It was me on MY line.
    But it was MY trail. Didn't you see my name on the door?

sprocket
    Nothing makes my day more than being called a douche (twice)by JR, and a woman by Yeti. My world is now complete.

Yes, I feel the need to classify everything. Guess what classification you are in?
    I am beyond classification.
    you, on the other hand, are a real dumbass brunette.

mtbr member
    hipppie,, lol,, nah man,, i was in high school during the Bill & Ted era,, i love my hair metal and j-rock (standing for Japan-rock,, not the dude in this thread)
    Japan rock? First off: that's racist. And second: What?

Need more cowbell
    Can't we all just get along? - Rodney King.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F the Chicago Cubs...-tiger_hugging_man_.jpg  

banned
    Japan rock? First off: that's racist. And second: What?
    thats why we call it J-rock. Fiqures your EMO PC self wouldn't understand.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    how is that racist? i just think american bands went to hell by the mid 90s... damn whiney alternagrungers
    in japan they still know the value of a guitar solo in a rock song.. not this i-took-a-guitar-lesson-lets-start-a-band mentality

banned
    how is that racist? i just think american bands went to hell by the mid 90s... damn whiney alternagrungers
    in japan they still know the value of a guitar solo in a rock song.. not this i-took-a-guitar-lesson-lets-start-a-band mentality

one word brah

Wolfmother

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    well im off to go to the gym,, f-this 28 degree windchill crap,, i cant wait to get the hell out of chicago in 2 weeks

mtbr member
    well im off to go to the gym,, f-this 28 degree windchill crap,, i cant wait to get the hell out of chicago in 2 weeks
    Hhmmm, and I'll be in Chicago in two weeks. Please make sure the weather is nice when I get there.

banned
    Hhmmm, and I'll be in Chicago in two weeks. Please make sure the weather is nice when I get there.

and when you start a thread *****ing about the weather, do it in the Illinois forum douchebag

mtbr member
    thats why we call it J-rock. Fiqures your EMO PC self wouldn't understand.
    I'll bet you a set of Maxxis tire irons you can't name one Japan Rock band. And don't knock EMO. Don't Bring Me Down is a really good song.

EDIT: Wait, didn't you defend Faith No More? You have no credibility when it comes to music recommendations, compadre.

mtbr member
    and when you start a thread *****ing about the weather, do it in the Illinois forum douchebag
    Deal.

(I wonder if they will take me as seriously as some of you douchbags do here. Wow, it feels really good to actually type "douchbag.")

banned
    I'll bet you a set of Maxxis tire irons you can't name one Japan Rock band. And don't knock EMO. Don't Bring Me Down is a really good song.
    Asian Kung-f=Fu Generation is the best j-rock band in the world. Believe it.

mtbr member
    Asian Kung-f=Fu Generation is the best j-rock band in the world. Believe it.
    Shoot, I just google them. First off, I'll have your tire irons tomorrow if you want them. Second, that's 30 seconds of my life I'll never get back. Let me guess, you're also a Menudo fan?

banned
    Shoot, I just google them. First off, I'll have your tire irons tomorrow if you want them. Second, that's 30 seconds of my life I'll never get back. Let me guess, you're also a Menudo fan?

you are pretty closed minded musically.

mtbr member
    you are pretty closed minded musically.
    Why you say that? Because I have an opinion? Should I like it JUST because they're singing in Japanese (at least I assume that's what they are singing in)?

The 30 seconds I heard, the first two words that came to mind was: Ramones. Then they started singing, and I said to myself: Menudo.

banned
    Why you say that? Because I have an opinion? Should I like it JUST because their singing in Japanese (at least I assume that's what they are singing in)?

The 30 seconds I heard, the first two words that came to mind was: Ramones. Then they started singing, and I said to myself: Menudo.

That track is a breakthrough in the j-rock sound. You dissing it by comparing it to Menudo just proves your musical ignorance outside anything American.

mtbr member
    That track is a breakthrough in the j-rock sound. You dissing it by comparing it to Menudo just proves your musical ignorance outside anything American.
    Why you knocking Menudo? That's kind of ignorant, ain't it?

I think you mean "Western" not "American." Trust me, if you saw my Ipod, you'd actually realize I have a very eclectic taste in music.

I was comparing them to Menudo more in terms of their appearance (from the 30 seconds I saw). If they are similar to other J Rock bands, to suggest Japan Rock unique, is silly based on what I saw. From the little I saw, they are trying to mimic guitar-heavy bands like, for instance, in this case, The Ramones.

That said, I'm 100% ignorant to anything outside of musicians that sing in English because that is all I speak. I don't speak Japanese, so I have absolutely no idea what they are singing about. If I was basing it solely on the instrumentals, then I don't hear anything I haven't heard before.

That said, I won't completely discount them. I'll take a listen to some more before I tell you it's ****.

(Boy, can you say thread hijack?)

banned
    Why you knocking Menudo? That's kind of ignorant, ain't it?

I think you mean "Western" not "American." Trust me, if you saw my Ipod, you'd actually realize I have a very eclectic taste in music.

I was comparing them to Menudo more in terms of their appearance (from the 30 seconds I saw). If they are similar to other J Rock bands, to suggest Japan Rock unique, is silly based on what I saw. From the little I saw, they are trying to mimic guitar-heavy bands like, for instance, in this case, The Ramones.

That said, I'm 100% ignorant to anything outside of musicians that sing in English because that is all I speak. I don't speak Japanese, so I have absolutely no idea what they are singing about. If I was basing it solely on the instrumentals, then I don't hear anything I haven't heard before.

That said, I won't completely discount them. I'll take a listen to some more before I tell you it's ****.

(Boy, can you say thread hijack?)

Well J-rock hasn't experienced anything like the Ramones yet. For them this is a breakthrough sound.

And who is to say they copied the Ramones per se? I think that sound just now got to them.

So you base your opinion of "Western" songs on the actual words being sung?

mtbr member
    Well J-rock hasn't experienced anything like the Ramones yet. For them this is a breakthrough sound.

And who is to say they copied the Ramones per se? I think that sound just now got to them.

So you base your opinion of "Western" songs on the actual words being sung?
    Again, the only difference I heard from the band you said and bands I'm familiar with was the language they were sung in. If you have other recommendations, send them my way. But there would be no way I would know that band was "J-Rock" based solely on the music.

And to suggest that J Rock is not influenced by Western civilized artists is pretty hard to prove.

banned
    Again, the only difference I heard from the band you said and bands I'm familiar with was the language they were sung in. If you have other recommendations, send them my way. But there would be no way I would know that band was "J-Rock" based solely on the music.

And to suggest that J Rock is not influenced by Western civilized artists is pretty hard to prove.
    ]FAITH NO MORE

banned

Are you frequently left confused by strange words employed in conversations relating to anime? Fret not for the Anime Academy and the Anime History department understand your needs and offer this glossary of anime idioms to help you never lose face again.

Ai (ah-ee): Love

Arigato (ah-ree-gah-to): "Thank you". Can be amplified by subsequently adding gozaimasu (go-zah-ee-mas)

Anime (ah-nee-meh): Japanese animation

Baka (bah-kah): An idiot, term most commonly used to make fun of someone’s lack of intelligence. It sometimes precedes a mean knock on the head

BGM (Background Music): Music featured in an anime soundtrack and played during the anime itself

Bishoujo (bee-sho-jo): A pretty girl

One helluva bishounen!

Bishounen (bee-sho-nehn): A pretty boy. Often having long hair and a feminine figure, it is sometimes hard to discern the gender of an anime bishounen. Be careful

Cel: Layer of an illustration. Instead of having to draw every frame of animation individually, animators superimpose transparent sheets allowing them to keep the same background while moving characters around. Authentic cels are often made available for purchase

CGI or CG (Computer Generated Imagery): Use of computers to produce different effects, backgrounds or entire sequences in anime

Chibi (chee-bee): Small. Chibi characters in anime are short and consequently cute. Often used as a prefix. Also see Super-Deformed

Con (Convention): A gathering of people sharing the same interests. There are many annual anime conventions everywhere in the world

Cosplay (Costume Play): A very popular activity during anime conventions, also referred to as masquerading. It consists of dressing up as an anime or video game character to participate in contests or simply for fun

Demo (deh-mo): But. Commonly the first word of a rebuttal

Doujinshi (doh-jeen-shee): Fan based art inspired by official anime or manga. Also referred to as fanzine

Dub (Dubbed Anime): As opposed to a subtitled anime, dubs have voice tracks in languages differing from the original Japanese voice actors

Ecchi (eh-chee): Indecent. Comes from the Japanese pronunciation of "H" which in turn is the first letter of hentai (pervert). In anime, ecchi can describe mild sexual scenes

Eye Catch: Prolonged frames of art used midway into an anime and often display its name along with a quick tune. It is used as a transition before and after commercials of anime series airing in Japan. Most distributors leave eye catches in VHS and DVD releases

Fandom: A group of individuals having the same obsession on a particular subject, anime for one

Fanfic (Fan Fiction): An unofficial writing (can be a short story, script or novel) using characters from an existing anime, manga or game

Misato defines fan service

Fan Service: Scenes or situations serving little purpose to the story but designed to arouse the viewer, whether male or female, with bare skin or offbeat action. The ever-so-popular shower scene is a good example of fan service

Fan Sub: Often done to allow non-Japanese viewers to watch and understand unlicensed anime, fan subs are made for fans by fans and making profits off them is expressly prohibited

Gaikoku-jin (gah-ee-ko-koo-jeen): Abbreviated gai-jin (gah-ee-jin), a foreigner. Gai-jin is used by Japanese as an impolite reference to outsiders lacking refinement while gaikoku-jin is the more respectful term

Gomen Nasai (go-men nah-sah-ee): "I'm sorry". Also see sumimasen

Hai (hah-ee): Yes. Also indicates paying attention to someone's oration

Hentai (hen-tah-ee): Its direct translation means "pervert" and refers to any scene or movie that explicitly presents nudity or sexual acts. Can also be used to describe a person who is strange or out of the ordinary

Hiragana (hee-rah-gah-nah): One of the three types of Japanese lettering consisting of 46 syllables. It is a basic script and can be used to name anything of Japanese origin. Can be identified by its smooth and curved characters

Honorific: Short status indicators place immediately after one's last name. Used frequently in Japan, these can be confusing since they make someone's name appear altered in specific occasions

* -chan (chahn): Small or baby. Used among very close friends and relatives, especially females
    * -kohai (ko-hah-ee): One's junior. Usually substituted with –kun or -chan
    * -kun (kun): Used among very close friends and relatives, especially males
    * -sama (sah-mah): Lord. Used when addressing people of utmost respect or when referring to gods. Usually employed in concurrence with a title but can also be used with a name
    * -san (sahn): A close equivalent to Mr. and Mrs. Used as a respectful method of addressing people of similar status
    * -senpai (sen-pah-ee): Upperclassman. Used in relation to fellow classmates of higher level or age
    * -sensei (sen-say): Teacher, master or doctor. Used either at school or while being involved in a discipline or art

Iie (ee-eh): No

Image Album: A CD regrouping music made to set the mood for a particular manga, novel or video game. Hundreds of image albums are released every year. In anime, image albums are collections of songs sang by its voice actors

Itadakimasu (ee-tah-dah-kee-mas): Roughly translates to "Let's eat!"

J-Pop (Japanese Pop Music): A current trend in Japanese music, often featured in anime. Some of the more notable J-Pop artists are Aiko, Morning Musume and Hitomi Yaida

J-Rock stars Chage & Aska

J-Rock (Japanese Rock Music): Popular J-Rock bands include L'arc-en-ciel, Chage & Aska and The Kome Kome Club

Ja Ne (jah-neh): "See ya!"

Kanji (kahn-jee): Japanese characters borrowed from the Chinese alphabet forming the base of the written Japanese language. It includes well over 2000 pictograms. Meanings can vary enormously according to the context. By far the hardest aspect of the Japanese language to master

Katakana (kah-tah-kah-nah): A more angular form of Japanese writing used to translate words of foreign origins and scientific terms

Katana (kah-tah-nah): Traditional, slightly curved blade of about 3 feet in length. Used as a weapon in Japan by swordsman of numerous eras

Kawaii (kah-wah-ee): Cute. Often used on its own when observing a situation or character having any distinct level of cuteness. See Kei's lecture on Kawaii Judgment

Key Frame: Key frames are drawn by the best artist available among the production staff of an anime. They are blatantly more detailed and often consist of close-ups of main characters

Konnichi wa (ko-nee-chee wah): One of the many different ways of saying hello in Japanese. This one is commonly used in the afternoon

Mahou Shoujo (mah-ho sho-jo): Magical girl. A unique anime genre displaying girls with super powers. Sailor Moon is an example of mahou shoujo anime

Manga (mahng-gah): Japanese comics often possessing a linear storyline that extends to several volumes. The manga industry exploded in the early 1950s and was used as inspiration for many anime

Manga-ka (mahng-gah-kah): A professional Japanese comic writer

Masaka (mah-sah-kah): This expression of despair can be translated as "It can't be!"

Matte (mah-teh): "Wait!"

Mecha (meh-kah): Typically used when talking about giant, human-controlled robots but can also mean any type of destructive, mechanical weapon. Constitutes a genre featuring futuristic warfare

Mite (mee-teh): "Look!"

Mobile Suit: A giant machine hydraulically acting as an extension of the pilot’s body. Sometimes abbreviated as MS

Moshi Moshi (mo-shee mo-shee): Informal Japanese greeting used when answering the phone

Nani (nah-nee): What. Can be used out of surprise or confusion

Neko (neh-ko): A cat. Can be used in conjunction with a girl or boy to describe half-human, half-cat characters in anime

Nippon (nee-pon): Japan. Also Nihon

Nosebleed: According to Japanese belief, boys get nosebleeds when they are sexually aroused. This can happen quite often in shounen anime

Ohayou Gozaimasu (o-hah-yo go-chah-ee-mahs): "Good morning"

Omake (o-mah-keh): Bonus footage for interviews or comedic relief. Sometimes hidden in anime DVDs

Onegai Shimasu (o-neh-gah-ee shee-mahs): A polite way to say "please"

Oni (o-nee): A demon

OST (Original Sound Track): Compact disc release of songs played during an anime

Otaku (o-tah-ku): A fan on an extremely obsessive level. In Japan, a derogatory term. Used anywhere outside of Japan, otaku automatically refers to an anime obsession

OVA (Original Video Animation): A direct-to-video release often divided into a handful of 30-minute episodes. Also known as OAV (Original Animated Video)

Pocky (po-kee): Popular biscuit-like Japanese snack covered with a wide variety of flavors such as chocolate or strawberry. There are many Pocky references in anime, and some Pocky brands even sport anime characters on their boxes

Ramen (rah-men): Japanese noodles. Standard college meal of choice because it's cheap and easy to make

Romanji (ro-mahn-jee): Phonetic writing of Japanese words using the Roman alphabet as used in this glossary and in most Internet discussions pertaining to anime. It is not an official Japanese lettering

Ronin (ro-neen): A student who has failed a university's entrance exam. We encourage our students to help Anime Academy ronin by hiding their Dragonball Z collection

That's good sake!

Sake (sah-keh): Alcoholic beverage typical to Japan. Made of fermented rice and brewed much like beer. Made to be served cold or warm

Sayonara (sah-yo-nah-rah): One way of saying "goodbye". Can be used at any time of the day

Sei-jin no Hi (seh-ee--jeen no hee): Coming of Age Day, a holiday celebrated by twenty-year-olds who can drink, smoke and vote

Seiyuu (seh-ee-yoo): A Japanese voice actor

Sentai (sehn-tah-ee): A group of superheroes typically wearing assorted outfits. More of a sub-genre, sentai are featured in many anime, notably Bubblegum Crisis and Gatchaman

Shimatta (shee-mah-tah): "Damn!"

Shinto (sheen-to): Japan's oldest and original religion. In Shintoism, every thing and being possesses its own spirit. Shinto is based upon the worship of, and coexistence with, the natural world

Shoujo (sho-jo): A girl or young woman. Shoujo anime is a genre marketed as entertainment for young girls but it is quite all right for boys to enjoy, too. Romance, love and cute guys are common themes in shoujo anime

Shounen (sho-nehn): A boy or young man. Shounen anime is a genre marketed as entertainment for young boys, often featuring a young man surrounded by attractive girls

Shounen Ai (sho-nehn ah-ee): A shoujo anime feature in which the plot concerns a romance between two males. Contains male-male relationships but not displayed as explicitly as in yaoi

Sub (Subtitled Anime): Subs consist of an anime including a written translation of the ongoing dialogue on the bottom of the screen

Sugoi (soo-goy): Incredible, awesome

Sumimasen (soo-mee-mah-sehn): "I'm sorry" Also see gomen nasai

Super Deformed: An anime art style in which characters have very small bodies shouldering large heads. Super Deformed often leads to exaggerated facial expressions and movement. Also see chibi

The glorious sweatdrop

Sweatdrop: A comical facial expression in which someone is drawn with a giant sweat drop next to their head. Indicates personal embarrassment or a reaction to another character embarrassing him/herself

Urusai (oo-roo-sah-ee): "Be quiet!". Often seen written on the walls of the Anime Academy library

Wakatta (wah-kah-tah): Understood

Yaoi (yah-oh-ee): A male/male relationship, usually of a more sexual and explicit nature than shounen ai

Yuri (yoo-ree): A female/female relationship
    © 2001-2006 Anime Academy. All licensed material are property of their respective companies. All rights reserved.

banned

Don't like hardcore porno? Check out WP80. 100% SFW all the time! Want to help protect free speech? Donate today.
    Your forum sucks? Lose the zero, get with an hero. Join EDF today!
    J-Rock
    From Encyclopedia Dramatica
    Jump to: navigation, search
    Some of the many, many fags of J-Rock.

J-Rock (also known as Japanese Rock, butt rock, "HA HA oh what the ****", or "holy **** that was a man?!") is really bad "music" from Japan.
    Contents
    [hide]

* 1 The History of J-Rock
    * 2 Types of J-Rock
    * 3 Visual Kei
    * 4 Oshare Kei
    * 5 Angura Kei
    * 6 Wannabes
    * 7 J-Fail
    * 8 Fangirls
    * 9 Fanboys
    * 10 Tonberry / Impact Media.uk
    * 11 Links
    * 12 See Also

The History of J-Rock

Many years ago, when the earth’s crust cooled a small part of it invented tentacle porn. This really squicked the rest of the crust so the small ****ed part was forced to split off into the ocean. This island became… Japan

In Japan, after all the people crawled out of the ocean, lost their flippers and developed society, the crossdresser was invented as a way to both keep women in their place and satiate the need for ancient lulz.

After everyone got sick of dinner theater, all the cross dressers needed work so they began to form bands to cover Beatles songs. Thus J-Rock was born.

Though not as popular as its bastard third aunt tentacle porn, the influence of J-rock can’t be denied. It has the power to make people repeatedly humiliate themselves in public (especially in azn restaurants), pay 50 dollars for ****ing audio cds on YesAsia (because nothing makes you more HARDKORRRRRE™ than paying out the ass for music with lyrics you can't understand), and learn up to 6 words in Japanese, all while switching the region on their DVD player roughly 923480384203 times.
    Types of J-Rock

There are five common types of J-Rock and they consist of Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, Angura Kei, wannabees, and actual music. Nearly all of it that's popular in America is corporate crap. Imagine 80 clones of Linkin Park in drag and you have some idea of what people mean when they say they like J-Rock. Most of the bands of this so-called genre like to plagiarize David Bowie's image onto every single aspect of themselves. To fangirls this makes them very original.
    Visual Kei
    They started it.

Visual Kei is the most popular of the genre because it's so FABULOUS. Visual Kei bands (which are completely interchangeable) usually consist of clusters of fags who run around playing air guitar while looking like Ronald McDonald after he got run over by a Hot Topic truck. These bands make a big show of being all "dark" and ****, much like any and every 16 year old girl who's ever been near deviantART. Songs can be recognized by laughably awful vocals that are either over-the-top, tuneless BLAAARGH metal constipation, or over-the-top crooning that would put Morrissey to shame. At its heart, Visual Kei is just an ugly rehash of '70s glam rock, but with far less credibility. The majority of the bands have French names for some lame reason. Sometimes they also have obscure Japanese names that the Japanese don't even use and never use them in their lifetimes. Visual Kei bands tend to have the largest followings of sadsack, sexually frustrated fangirls, as they have the most ample opportunities for slash.

Bands include:

* X Japan
    * Nightmare
    * the GazettE (spelling it any other way will result in BAWWW's from teh srs fans)
    * Dir en grey (Ditched by fangirls like yesterday's stale Pocky due to newly acquired "mainstream" status, $14 CD's in Hot Topic and their decision to stop dressing like cyberpunk trannies and just make ****ing music)
    * Lariene
    * Psycho le Cému
    * G.H.O.S.T
    * Miyavi
    * Rentrer En Soi
    * Phantasmagoria
    * Alice Nine
    * Kagrra,
    * Vidoll
    * Malice Mizer

Oshare Kei
    "Ok, guyth? I know this place is called the Horny Sailor but yur gonna have to tone it down."

Oshare Kei, an even more puke-worthy outgrowth of Visual Kei, is the newest of the faggotry. Oshare Kei consists of a bunch fags that look like they stepped out of a bad LSD trip through an all-gay Mardis Gras and have a lot of piercings. They pretend to play instruments during some of the most horrifyingly garish music videos you'll ever see. They pose like retards and make stupid expressions all the time, probably because if they showed that they took themselves even the slightest seriously they'd be laughed right out of existence. The music sucks 100% of the time and their fanbase consists of ADD-ridden 13 year-old girls who think they're hot when they just have Internet Disease IRL.

They also have blogs in which they play yaoi-bait and pose with teddy bears and talk about how much they want to buttsecks their other bandmates. They come up with some retarded names such as "Antique Cafe", but since the fangirls can't pronounce or spell them, they give them even worse ones like "AnCafe".

Bands are:

* AnCafé
    * SuG
    * Irokui
    * Panic*CH
    * HeaRt
    * Lolita23q
    * Clavier
    * Buns Mercy

Angura Kei
    "We've done caught us a nest!"

Angura Kei bands play songs about guro. They have a lot of elitist fans that think they're better than the other wee bees because their band doesn't give each other fake blowjobs on stage like Visual Kei fags. They do, however, wear so much eyeliner that they look like ****ing raccoons (or in other cases, Hamburgler from the McDonald's ads).

Angura Kei artists are weird and many have an obsession with Imperial Japan or the Nazis. These bands never make it mainstream, and if they do, they end up turning into pussies and start singing about skateboarding and how much fun it is to be a rockstar. They also end up going to anime conventions and performing for American otaku.

Some of these bands are:

* cali≠gari
    * MUCC
    * Merry
    * GIRUGAMESH
    * D`espairs Ray

Wannabes

Wannabes are the annoying sellout bands that write all their songs in Engrish and think they're cool AMELICAN STYRE, but the music still sounds like ****, and the idiot singing still sounds like he's speaking Japanese. These bands are popular amongst 13 year old boys, and thus, hated in the general J-Rock wankdom.

Such bands are:

* Ellegarden
    * UVERworld
    * Heartsdale
    * Beat Crusaders
    * Orange Range
    * Pay money to my pain
    * The Pillows
    * Any other Japanese band that did a song for an anime in Engrish

J-Fail
    Typical wannabe Jrockers
    Even J-FAIL bands get their share of *****

J-Fail is what you call the fail J-rocker/J-band wannabe. They're usually not slanty eyed Japanese, and their music sucks 10 times more than an actual J-band, and usually they'll channel the look and sound of Malice Mizer or Versailles.

Such raging homos bands are:

* GothicDolls Possibly the funniest sounding J-Fail on the ****ing planet!
    * SAI (one of the oldschool J-Fails that still havent got the point, yet)
    * Kayako Project (This is what you get when you mix France with Jrock. this is possibly more FAIL than all french military defeats put together)
    * Myrrah
    * Lyre
    * Secret Secret (Its no secret that this guy ****ing sucks)
    * Schwarze Sonne Most shittest, ****edest ****s that have ever dared to call themselves a band.
    * Mayuka Project
    * Gaïdjinn
    * Kogure (German J-Rock?)
    * RazorbladeKisses
    * Uninvited Guest
    * Tokio Hotel
    * FurtherCloser
    * Any other band that tries to look like a group of homos

Fangirls
    We are so Kawaii!

The J-Rock fandom consists mainly of sexless fangirls, young and old, scattered around MySpace, deviantART and LJ. They are the worst of any fandom and consist of the most annoying, stupid members of all the other Wapanese groups. Usually they write really gay fanfictions, draw really gay pictures, and make annoying, gay avatars and banners that have been the targets of many a regretted wank by confused men. They hate anything that deals with a vagina, including each other. Rarely, there are male J-rock fans, but most of them are in denial about loving the cock so they pretend to pine over Japanese men who look like 12 year old girls and then insist "My girlfriend made me do it!". Alternatively, they can be fat basement-dweller straight fags who listened to too many Naruto theme songs and mistook Izam for Sakura, masturbating furiously.

J-Rock obsessives live in a delusional world in which every Japanese man looks like a girl and every Japanese man is gay. Women do not exist in Japan because they're all actually crossdressing men. Japanese procreate by the use of spores and some kind of alien tube ****. Despite this belief that Japan is a country of gay men, they still want these fags to bone them... but forget the fact that if they're ****ing each other in the poop hole then obviously their cocks are not going in their vaginas. Likely they're just used to having every single man they've ever met claim they were gay as a straight response to looking at their fugly faces.

These fans are usually spotted among the greasiest of the acne lepers at anime conventions, and are usually either morbidly obese or completely androgynous (maybe both and not androgynous in the pleasant way, more like the big fat bulldyke way). They can often be heard screaming words such as "kawaii!" "kakoii!" and "bishies!" while watching Gundam Wing or any other show that fuels their warped sexual cravings or buying dollfies for a large amount of money to stick up their fangina. J-****s are also very anal about where they get their music and are incredibly butthurt over illegal downloading, neverminding the fact that if some Jap ****** hadn't ripped and uploaded that **** to Napster over 9000 years ago, they would've never discovered any of the shitty bands who's songs they so pathetically mime the words to.
    Fanboys

Fanboys in most cases are worst than the fangirls they ***** about so much. These boys are self-correcting, always right, and obsessive. The majority of them also have foot fetishes. Now both sides think that one or the other is bad, though of course both should be shot. The fanboys lust after Japanese men more than the fangirls, if possible. More J-rock cosplayers/elites are male who think they know everything from indies bands to defunct horrible VK acts. They are among some of the worst fans imaginable. Some go to the non-fans point where they pretend to be gay to get laid. For some odd reason they are usually from Europe. Want to see some amazing lulz on behalf of the male side? Check out any Dir en grey music discussion post; the cock-sucking involved there is amazing, and it's all one big sausage fest. There is a small fraction of male fans who haven't lost every ounce of dignity in their bodies. These are few and far between, but when found, you can actually ask them about Japanese Rock and not get a response full of squeeing, fapping and requests for gay anal sex. However, these instances are few and far between... You are better off trying to get to Antarctica on foot.

Perfect example of a "know it all" fanboy is Cyrus_XIII on WP. He is a WP-Nazi who claims that books on Jrock are not good enough resource and btw the New York Times isn't a valid resource either. His favorite pastime is blanking pages to "merge" them with another article - and then not adding any of the content, effectively deleting the page while side-stepping WP's deletion policy.

Watch his edits for lots of LULZ.
    Tonberry / Impact Media.uk
    In-depth convos indeed!

If you want to see some of the best Fanboys and their sidekicks ignorant European Fangirls the best place to view these creatures in the wild is Batsu, but someone was soooo butthurt they made a huge entry here about Tonberry, which is a tiny who-the-****-cares forum full of trolls, that even has a dedicated trolls-only area. Batsu is usually just as much of a lulzpit, though they do occasionally have real conversations (which later turn into hilarious flames that get posted to JRock_Wank)

But onto info about Tonberry:

A UK based forum with no moderation whatsoever, even the mods that do post are one in a few. Save one mod, Joe Sushi and DO. Surprisingly those two have a brain, but not enough of a brain to actually mod their own website. Yet they leave it up to the only mod who is just as bad as the people who live in the flame pit, baka_neko. The board overall has about 80% lurker status and 5% that actually know what they are talking about and the rest are ignorant ****tards or skilled trolls here to mess with the ****tards. The people on the board are irritable, racist and are comparable to those on 4chan. It's the worst place to go if you want coherent actual music discussion as every discussion results in a flame war between a 19 year old Russian and some equally ignorant 15 year old American. If anyone had to chose what they wanted more, better Asian music discussion go to Batsu (it at least has that), or utter lulz flame wars go to Tonberry (where the average age is 19 and the average user is Eurotrash).

Liking anything other than VK or O-share Kei will get you trolled for no reason. Actually, posting ANYTHING will get you trolled for no reason - trolls are not known for being reasonable. Also having any common sense and not fighting dirty with a bunch of kids and sugar coating every post with <3 and "OMG , YEZ I R HAPPY" will pretty much get you targeted. Granted if there was an age limit and a competency test Tonberry would reign supreme over Batsu. In the last year Batsu and Tonberry were at the same level of Faggotry but Tonberry has pulled far ahead, resulting in a couple of members making their own forums just to get away from said ignorance.
    Racism Hoooooo!

Prime Example of Racsim on Tonberry "and I have yet to figure out why most northamerican men are obsessed with asian women... luckily that yellow fever haven't arrived to my country.

I find race mixture disgusting >_< (nothing against the japanese though, I actually admire how they treat gaijin XD)" - Tonberry member : Naja.
    Links

* 40 year old illiterate woman who SWEARS she and this ****** from Dir en grey had teh relationships.
    * The Antique Cafe Community on LJ, Its a swarm of lulz
    * Jrock Fanvids Community on LJ, they make actual fanvids and post them on YouTube
    * This chick draws Jrockers and thinks she's a god on DA
    * THIS PLACE IS FULL OF LULZ : Batsu.org
    * Tonberry. Only in 2nd place behind batsu
    * This has made fans of Deep Purple and Blue Oyster Cult's balls shrink
    * crazy ***** who steals translations from other sites as well as just being completely moronic. watch her entries for lulz.

See Also

* J-pop
    * J-emo
    * Gackt
    * GIRUGAMESH

J-Rock is part of a series on
    Music
    Visit the Music Portal for complete coverage.
    Retrieved from "http://encyclopediadramatica.com/J-Rock"
    Categories: Music | Fandom Stuff
    Views

* Page
    * Discussion
    * View source
    * History

Personal tools

Navigation

* Main Page
    * Donations
    * ED T-Shirt Store