Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    "No Clue Crew"

Ever crash so hard that your shoe fell off ?

I did today. My shoes have laces and velcro straps ! Worst part was, I couldn't find my damn shoe ! ( thanks for the assisance on that, Jay ! )
    Despite that fact, I had a great ride. I met up with Grave9 and _dragon for some National fun.

Finally road the spine

Riding the Spine from Rick Gravesen on Vimeo.

The spine was old hat for Drew so he made it look smoooth

Drew riding the spine from Rick Gravesen on Vimeo.

Drew found himself a new line today and was diggin it

A New line for Drew on National from Rick Gravesen on Vimeo.

We played around and stayed out a bit longer than we should have and the heat kicked our butts but it was still a good ride.

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobite39
    We played around and stayed out a bit longer than we should have and the heat kicked our butts but it was still a good ride.
    Try like 3 hours longer!!!! Don't know about you but I was thanking god that I watch Man vs. Wild, because I thought we were done for!!!!

Great ride with great people! I have a few photos I'll post up as soon as they finish uploading. I'm bringing 2 camelpacks next time I ride with Cenobite!!!!..............Drew

"No Clue Crew"
    Okay: Great ride this morning. Started pedaling at 5:30am. Here is a shot BEFORE it was SUPER HOT:

Shameless El Guapo plug:

Cenobite39 pre shoe accident:

"No Clue Crew"
    "The HEAT is ON!!!"

_dragon making friends:

Random Shot:

"No Clue Crew"
    Cenobite39 climbing said random shot:

At the top/BV:

This shot of Cenobite39 is almost the SAME exact shot of Blatant I took yesterday. (see PMP AM TEC thread and scroll down)

"No Clue Crew"
    "I can't do this!"

"YES you can!"

Last shot. This is pre "TREE!!!"

!@#$%&!
    Great footage! I chickened out on the waterfall last time so I need to get back up there.

mtbr member
    Well.... while the three of you were lollygaggin around riding sissy stuff (ie waterfall and easy rocky terrain), The more technical, skillfull and couragous cyclists were out on our road bikes taking on the more advanced cycling endeavers!! My idea of using my new armour will be knealing down on the rocks at the waterfall to get some good video and shots of you all next time! Rick, glad you didnt injury an innocent hiker with a flying shoe!
    Good job, looks like it was alot of fun!!

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-girl
    Well.... while the three of you were lollygaggin around riding sissy stuff (ie waterfall and easy rocky terrain), The more technical, skillfull and couragous cyclists were out on our road bikes taking on the more advanced cycling endeavers!! My idea of using my new armour will be knealing down on the rocks at the waterfall to get some good video and shots of you all next time! Rick, glad you didnt injury an innocent hiker with a flying shoe!
    Good job, looks like it was alot of fun!!
    You have no idea how true this statement is!!!! .............Drew

skilldest©
    Laughing holding up a foot with just a sock on it: "Check this out have you ever seen anyone loose a shoe while riding!"

Pauses looking around "Uh...where is it?"

^----That is funny *****

People complete marathons in the time it took us to go up and back...well we did touch just about every rock. Fun though. Good times.

mtbr member
    Haha.. Yes! When I was pretty new to riding I shuttled one of the Mingus mountain trails and was feeling pretty good and pretty fast and then I hit one little jump and I'm not sure what happened but when I came to a stop one of my shoes was at least 20 ft from where I was laying.. My head hit a rock in the process (thanks helmet) and I was pretty cut up, but the shoe made me laugh quite a bit in spite of the pain.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    No shot of the shoe rocket?

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by PhxChem
    No shot of the shoe rocket?

It was getting hot at this point in the ride and our sense of humor was gone !

Great shots, Grave ! Hard to believe they were taken with a cell phone. I love the last one. I had to think about the TREE reference.

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by _dragon
    People complete marathons in the time it took us to go up and back...well we did touch just about every rock. Fun though. Good times.
    Hilarious ! Fun ride though. ( Now that it's over ! )

dirt visionary
    Yup sure have took a bit to come back to afterwards also.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

"Lurkers R us"
    Now that is funny!!!!!
    I love the dazed and confused look from the camera.
    Where is my shoe?

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobite39
    It was getting hot at this point in the ride and our sense of humor was gone !

Great shots, Grave ! Hard to believe they were taken with a cell phone. I love the last one. I had to think about the TREE reference.

I'm super surprised at how good the Droid X takes photos as well. Not bad at all................Drew

Downhill Messiah
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork
    Yup sure have took a bit to come back to afterwards also.

Yup, i've lost a shoe a few different times. Never had it captured on cam though. Good job hittin the spine, it definitely is an intimidating bastard!

Damn Clock! That was a hard hit!!! Was the log wet? It looks like you washed out the second you hit the log. God i miss pedaling into that section as hard as i could and then railing the following berm hard as hell. Which occasionally led to me shootin over the backside of it.
    Madspeed always prevails!

"No Clue Crew"
    tgiles, Is that a rock buggy in your avatar?............Drew

"No Clue Crew"
    Damn, Clock- that looks like a rough one ! Awesome that you got it on video, thanks for sharing !

dirt visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by tgiles

Damn Clock! That was a hard hit!!! Was the log wet? It looks like you washed out the second you hit the log. God i miss pedaling into that section as hard as i could and then railing the following berm hard as hell. Which occasionally led to me shootin over the backside of it.
    Man it was a very hard hit . I am glad that thru the years of crashing I taught myself not to use my hands to break my fall. I believe if I had this time around I would have taken out my collar bone.

As for the crash I just came in hot got some good air on the rock barely getting my front tire to the ground before the log . Doubt the back ever touched the ground and hit that darn branch stump throwing me forward over the bars damn near hitting the log on the left. While I was flipping forward I flung my bike over my head to were it lies in the video.

I got to get the full version of it up with audio. right where it cuts off above I am babbling about my shoe , my shoe
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Downhill Messiah
    Quote Originally Posted by Grave9
    tgiles, Is that a rock buggy in your avatar?............Drew
    Kinda-sorta, it's more of a go any where you want super fast buggy. It would be better for rocks with some coilovers and smaller tires. Here's a bigger pic. Sorry for the thread jack Cenobite!

"No Clue Crew"
    NICE!!!!

HIGHJACK

Here is one of my rigs:

mtbr member
    I was at a race once in Maryland. Went to dab my foot around a corner, and my foot came out of the shoe, which stayed attached to the bike. That was awesome.

Downhill Messiah
    Thats a sick picture man! That had to be fun with wet tires on that rock!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast