Thread: Ergo grips

mtbr member

Ergo grips

I just bought a pair for my self and put them on today. So far they seem to be great. I was curious if anyone else uses them and what they think of their performance on trails such as National.

Here's to no more numb and painful hands after only 10 miles of riding.

Jason

Big B's Trails
    I tried em and loved them uphill.... Down steep tech or chunk though my hands felt like they were going to slip off ... so I ditched em for normal ones
    I dig dirt!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by x.Jason View Post
    I just bought a pair for my self and put them on today. So far they seem to be great. I was curious if anyone else uses them and what they think of their performance on trails such as National.
    i switch my grips on a per trail basis and found the ergo grips work best for me on desert classic.
    for national i run odi ruffians (black of course, the other colors don't work as well on that trail).
    mormon i run odi tld's (white, duh) & geronimo i go sunline thins (again white, i won't even think about black grips on geronimo).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 'size View Post
    i switch my grips on a per trail basis and found the ergo grips work best for me on desert classic.
    for national i run odi ruffians (black of course, the other colors don't work as well on that trail).
    mormon i run odi tld's (white, duh) & geronimo i go sunline thins (again white, i won't even think about black grips on geronimo).
    Lol so when you mix it up and ride all those trails in a day you have a psychedelic flashback to the 70's grip?

My other ride is your mom
    are grips the things you put on your bars? If so, I like sticky ones....not too thick, not too thin.
    Last edited by Maadjurguer; 07-02-2011 at 05:07 AM.

Kathleen in AZ
    I really like the low-profile small ergon grips and even have them on my DH bike. But it seems that those platter size ones would be horrible on anything where you actually change body positions from anything besides sitting. A problem with all Ergons is that they only lock on one side. Damage that side in a fall and you have no grips... been there, done that.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl View Post
    A problem with all Ergons is that they only lock on one side. Damage that side in a fall and you have no grips... been there, done that.
    Good feedback. Ill have to be extra careful not to crash I only have about 20 miles on them riding some pretty mellow trails in San Diego right now.

banned
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 'size View Post
    Spoken like a true woman.
    Probably has "Knock Me Downs" in clipless.
    Black of course!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Had similar experience with the Ergo on downhill/tech stuff. Felt like my hands might slip forward off the grips for a couple rides. I tilted them back a couple degrees and that really helped.

mtbr member
    Rode last week on a borrowed Focus that had ergo grips. It was a 100mm travel bike with narrower bars and the grips worked fine on the single track technical trails we were riding in an Israel forest. First for me with both the grips and riding in a foreign country.

Big B's Trails
    Quote Originally Posted by AzMntBkr1 View Post
    Probably has "Knock Me Downs" in clipless.
    Black of course!
    Thought they were called F*ck me pumps... But what do I know I'm from Sin City
    I dig dirt!

banned
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaFred View Post
    Thought they were called F*ck me pumps... But what do I know I'm from Sin City
    Actually the technical term is "Knock Me Down Come FcK Me Pumps!"

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowbutSure View Post
    Rode last week on a borrowed Focus that had ergo grips. It was a 100mm travel bike with narrower bars and the grips worked fine on the single track technical trails we were riding in an Israel forest. First for me with both the grips and riding in a foreign country.
    Very Cool must be exhilarating riding the high ground in that zip code!