I love bike!

Elete hydration concentrate?

Anyone know where I can get some locally? Has anyone tried it and like it, or not? I don't really want to pay $10 shipping straight from the manufacturer but if that's the only option I might have to pony up.

LiteandFast Dave mentioned it when we rode last because I am a chronic leg cramper on longer rides. I don't think he mentioned where to get it from though.

Any help would be muy appreciated

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by dsittman
    Anyone know where I can get some locally? Has anyone tried it and like it, or not? I don't really want to pay $10 shipping straight from the manufacturer but if that's the only option I might have to pony up.

LiteandFast Dave mentioned it when we rode last because I am a chronic leg cramper on longer rides. I don't think he mentioned where to get it from though.

I have only gotten it as samples in races etc. It is pretty tasteless, imo. My wife loves the stuff because she does not want the calories of gatorade etc. I personally prefer gatorade as it has some calories to go with the electrolytes - the bulk lemon-lime from Costco is the least sugary and runs about $10 for 9 gallons.
    Last edited by chollaball; 12-29-2008 at 04:51 PM.

mtbr member
    I got some at Flat Tire Bike shop. I got the small 6 dollar sample tube to test it out. I think its great stuff. The shop also had the larger bottle too, i think it was 20 bucks-ish.

Bikes, Beer, and Sex
    Just stick to water

Black and Sticky

I have seen it in the past at Runner's Den (16th St. and Maryland). But call them first because it was about a year ago when I saw it there. Ask for Craig.

Bob
    "Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission." - Neil Kendall

I love bike!
    Quote Originally Posted by scanjok
    I got some at Flat Tire Bike shop. I got the small 6 dollar sample tube to test it out. I think its great stuff. The shop also had the larger bottle too, i think it was 20 bucks-ish.
    Thanks for the info. I guess I should have said in my OP that I would prefer a retailer in the SE part of the valley. But at least I know that there is at least one shop in the valley that has it.

Anyone else know of any other shops with this stuff?

Fragile - must be Italian
    My wife and I use Elete religiously and swear by the stuff....especially in the hotter months. We get both the water mix as well as the tablets.

I've never had cramping issues while using Elete. It's totally tasteless (as long as you mix it according to the instructions -- mix it too strong and it tastes like sea water). It leaves no residue. And it's relatively cheap.

I have a terrible stomach and can't stand anything besides water. Other friends of mine use Gatorade (full strengh or diluted) or other "endurance formula" drinks, all of which have some sort of electrolytes in them. My stomach can't stand the taste of any of these drinks, so I have to resort to plain water.

On the MTB I typically use only the water mix since my bladder usually carries me for the entire ride.

On the road bike I use both -- the mix for the first 2 bottles and tablets for anything thereafter.

I've never bought the product locally -- always mail order. Just do a Google search on Elete and find the company with the best price/shipping charges.

Thx...Doug

I love bike!
    Quote Originally Posted by dgangi
    My wife and I use Elete religiously and swear by the stuff....especially in the hotter months. We get both the water mix as well as the tablets.

I've never had cramping issues while using Elete. It's totally tasteless (as long as you mix it according to the instructions -- mix it too strong and it tastes like sea water). It leaves no residue. And it's relatively cheap.

I have a terrible stomach and can't stand anything besides water. Other friends of mine use Gatorade (full strengh or diluted) or other "endurance formula" drinks, all of which have some sort of electrolytes in them. My stomach can't stand the taste of any of these drinks, so I have to resort to plain water.

On the MTB I typically use only the water mix since my bladder usually carries me for the entire ride.

On the road bike I use both -- the mix for the first 2 bottles and tablets for anything thereafter.

I've never bought the product locally -- always mail order. Just do a Google search on Elete and find the company with the best price/shipping charges.

Thx...Doug
    Thx Doug. I went ahead and bought a couple bottles from Amazon free shipping.

This stuff really interested me because I've tried the sport drinks (just makes me feel more thirsty) and the endurolite pills (which I never remember to take until I've already started cramping then the damage is already done). I think sipping on this the entire ride might be a little more useful for me than some of the other stuff. I guess I'll find out.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

i think they have it at slippery pig.

also, try emailing downisbetter on here. i think he's a dealer for elete.

mtbr member
    Hard to say since i don't know what your "local" is(prob. phx). I get mine at Fairwheel bikes in Tucson cuz i live by the border.