parenting for gnarness

East End conditions?

anyone ridden Tom's Thumb and East End this week? rideable after storms?

74 & 29 pilot
    No, but thinking about going up in the morn, so I'll report back if I do. I would imagine there is some good wash out on East End since there is at PMP, SOMO and P and D.
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

mtbr member
    I rode windgate--paradise--quartz--taliesen thursday mornning.. boy was that fun ! The trails had turned into running streams.... I did the same friday morning... trails are in bad shape...

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB Pilot View Post
    No, but thinking about going up in the morn, so I'll report back if I do. I would imagine there is some good wash out on East End since there is at PMP, SOMO and P and D.
    i've ridden East end last year with post-monsoon ruts and it was not fun and flowy, this year prolly will only be worse. Not shlepping up Tom's Thumb for limited payoff, gonna stick to Windgate.

mtbr member
    Good on to ya to anyone that has gone up or down East End recently! I have been running a loop that includes E.E. up and down the last three weeks including today. It is a tough run and looks nasty for a ride. With that said I saw a rider going up three weeks ago while I was running down. I wished him the best... Impressive if he made it. I can only imagine a lot of hike a bike. An up on Tom Thumb's would be the easier route! Post if you have been riding this beast!

74 & 29 pilot
    I've never been able to ride up it and nor do I want to as I'm on a 31 lbs Firebird, but I LOVE flying down it. I will ride up TT and then go down EE to Bell Pass back home. Didn't make it there this morn cause I was requested to sleep in a bit, but going in the morn probably before sun up.
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

Get Some!
    i thought toms thumb was west side? I just rode gold canyon on my wifes bike this morning and it was in pretty good condition.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Quote Originally Posted by Theycallmebrown View Post
    i thought toms thumb was west side? I just rode gold canyon on my wifes bike this morning and it was in pretty good condition.
    TT is both west and east coast depending on how you get there. I chose up East Coast or are you talking about the west valley?
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB Pilot View Post
    I've never been able to ride up it and nor do I want to as I'm on a 31 lbs Firebird, but I LOVE flying down it. I will ride up TT and then go down EE to Bell Pass back home. Didn't make it there this morn cause I was requested to sleep in a bit, but going in the morn probably before sun up.
    i'll never ride up it, but HABbing was not bad and essential to The Northern Quadruple Bypass of Awesomesauce, far and away the best route in existence through the McDs.

I flaked yesterday, but doing a NR tonight. I also have a Bird, sometimes I take it in the McDs just for something different, let's me ride much more aggressive than my 29er.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    TT is both west and east coast depending on how you get there. I chose up East Coast or are you talking about the west valley?
    3 trails all end up at Tom's Thumb. East End (FH trails), west (scottsdale side, Gateway area) and north (Rock Know\Permberton access, 128th St.?? Trailhead).

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I left this thread as soon as I read Windgate, Toms, Bell... Those suck to HAB up and was thinking all of you superhumans rode up em all. Glad to know Im "par" for the trail with some Habbing necessary