Eleven - it's one louder

Dust Devil Race Series course details

I couldn't find any such info on the dcbadventures.com site but this info in an email response. Having trouble re-sizing the images but hopefully they are readable:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dust Devil Race Series course details-mcdowell-dust-devil-laps2.jpg  

Dust Devil Race Series course details-estrella-dust-devil-laps2.jpg  

Dust Devil Race Series course details-white-tank-dust-devil-laps2.jpg  

Today's solid oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground. -Anonymous

mtbr member
    Sweet. Thanks for posting. I noticed that the lap counts for McDowell and Estrella werent up yet. Was going to email David, but you got there first! He just revamped his website so Im sure they will be on his site soon.

Really looking forward to the race series this year.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Rockcrusher it is then for me! The Cat 3 at MMP is WAY down from last year....it was 17 miles last year with the CAT 2 at 23-24 miles. 9 miles on the CAT 3 male means that about 40-45 minutes and the race is over for the best of them. I have cleared that loop in just under 15 when paced for a much longer ride so I could see myself coming in at 43-45, maybe better given the short sprint nature of the race. I would rather do the longer race so its off to RC. It will be back to CAT 3 for MBAA though given that getting my weight to 210+ probably would be too counter productive to my performance.

mtbr member
    i'm bummed the series isn't sponsored by chocolate milk.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Cat 3 doing three sport loops is like the pledge scene in Animal House. Understandable, though, to keep the slow guys off the outer loop single track.

mtbr member
    I think that shortening the mileage for the categories was a good call on Dave's part. I hope this encourages more beginners to try racing and will be a good thing for our sport. I understand that there needs to be a challenge but IMO we need to not make it too hard for the beginners. If we don't get new people trying the sport we will see a decline in the racing in AZ again and that would be bad for the sport all around. Again this is just my opinion.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Of course, its easy to find a problem with how someone is doing things and I am sure there are very good reasons for the shortening of the races but from a purely selfish position, I don't like it at all. But....from the glass is half full perspective....I am just glad someone like DCBAdventures provides all the hard work and such to put on these events. I will be there racing in the rock crushers and I am sure my ego will be crushed because some of those "fat" guys are fast!!!

mtbr member
    Interesting that the CAT 2 start right off the bat with a Tech Loop...diving down into those washes and back up the climb should be really interesting right at the start in a pack!

livin' the dream......
    Quote Originally Posted by cru_jones
    Interesting that the CAT 2 start right off the bat with a Tech Loop...diving down into those washes and back up the climb should be really interesting right at the start in a pack!
    No doubt. That is going to be an interesting start to say the least! Looking forward to it!!!!! I have trouble with the 2nd wash. I have to commit to rolling that fall line and not doing the cheater line to the right. Maybe that is the 1st one, I forget, but you know the one I am talking about.

mtbr member

Cat III

I like the idea of having the CAT III be a little shorter, especially at the beginning of the season. I think it might draw in some new folks. Plus, "real" CAT 3s are still working on their skills. Once they start getting to the longer distances lots of that skill stuff goes out the window as fatigue sets in. That's also the point where they start getting in the way of the faster category riders. MMP also allows for this idea of lots of shorter loops. (Good for all those Cat 3 family members that are there to encourage them as well). It might also have the effect of moving some folks that have been sitting in CAT 3 too long to CAT 2. And have the same effect for those camping out in Cat 2?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Well said. I'll probably race Cat 3. It'll be nice to not have anyone coming up behind.

Eleven - it's one louder

White Tanks correction

David from DCB emailed me with the updated White Tanks map. The one in my post below is the old one.

-BBC

Edit: I just posted it without really looking at it. I don't see a difference!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dust Devil Race Series course details-white-tank-dust-devil-laps2.jpg  

Today's solid oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground. -Anonymous

livin' the dream......
    I had never rode the full perimiter loop until last years MBAA Cat 3. The climb up the switchbacks was like rush hour traffic, barely moving! Coming down the back it opened up and I literally hung on for dear life, trying to gain some time lost climbing. Coming down that for the 1st time wheel to wheel with a group was intense and a total blast!

I like riding out there, will preride it since I have not been out there in months!

Thanks for the updated laps.