Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Good luck with that!
    Dec 2009

downhill race... with pie?

a buddy at work was telling me about a downhill race in the in the sedona/cottonwood area that is 24 miles of downhill with some pie eating contest at the end.

Has anyone heard of this race or is he blowing smoke up my @$$?

Google didn't turn anything up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Short Track Papago

deets are there within

Shred...it's the new drug
    not all DH probably 50/50...

My other ride is your mom
    LOL....yeah....not all downhill

Meatbomb
    and not sedonuts or cottonwood .

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Not sure where the 24 miles is coming from either, looks like the route is starting at the top of Antelope Creek. AC to Rock Springs is more like 30 miles, not that I mind. More BCT singletrack the better. Either way, I'll be making a run for a slice-o-BCT pie!1
    Ski. Ride. Hike. Be.
    My Two Schillingsworth

mtbr member
    mtb+pie+beer = brilliant

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I definitely wouldn't call it a downhill race. Maybe enduroish in spots, but great singletrack.

What ever you want to call it, it's going to be fun and I'm in.

mtbr member
    Ride a DH bike. It will be so much more satisfying.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

Just another half mile...
    If anyone know the persons putting on this event, give them the heads up that BLM knows about it and will require a competive use permit to use the BCT. I know the Shorttrackpagago web site says it's an unofficial event, but it falls within BLM policy for Competive Use. See below for what BLM's definition of competive use. There still might be time to get a permit between now and the 30th. Fill out the PERMIT (Instuctions) and take it to the BLM office on north 7th Ave. You'll never know if a BLM LEO will show up.

Competitive UseCompetitive Use means any organized, sanctioned, or structured use, event, or activity on public land in which two or more contestants compete and either: 1) participants register, enter, or complete an application for the event; or 2) a predetermined course or area is designated.

Examples: OHV races, horse-endurance rides, mountain-bike races, rodeos.

Quote Originally Posted by barroom hero View Post
    Short Track Papago

deets are there within

^^^^^Really???????

So....I'm going to miss this fine event....really bummed about it because I FRIGGIN LOVE GRASSROOTS EVENTS over all the BS, spandex, pay 110 bucks for a water bottle and a bunch of robo fuel in a schwag bag surrounded by a bunch of Stravarsholes riding in a circle on the lamest piece of dirt ever.....but then I temper my "bum-ness" with the thought that I'm going to be spending a week over New Years in Paris......yeah, that's the kind of sucky compromise I'll place myself into time and time again...but I digress

Long story short....I'm looking for things to do when I'm not drinking and one is to visit the Tuileries Garden which is where, during the French Revolution, Marie Antoinette and her hubby..some guy named Louis.....were remanded for recreation before they lost their heads.....since then it's been a place where Parisians gather to remember the revolution and tyranny of the powers that be over the Proletariat......and the below statue resides there......I hope you all feel the irony of EPIC's previous post alerting us to the BLM's knowledge of this"sanctioned" event....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails downhill race... with pie?-paris_tuileries_garden_facepalm_statue.jpg  

Last edited by Maadjurguer; 11-15-2012 at 10:02 AM.

ride.
    lucky for us, it is going to be run just like the Arizona Endurance Series, where there will be less than 75 people and no need for a permit. Thanks for bringing it to the BLM's attention though.

Shift less, Pedal more.
    Do we get to choose what type of pie?
    I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I'm not......Dolemite.

mtbr member
    So by BLM logic if you're on Strava or just have a destination in mind, you're racing!

Not sure where 75 people came from, maybe on forest lands, but on BLM lands any organized, sanctioned, or structured use, event, or activity on public land is two or more contestants. Need to play by the rules that all other organizations do that use the BCT for events and races. If you want to keep it of the radar and not organized, don't put out a flyer on the web and have on-line registration. To the BLM and most other agencies, your time trial race looks like an organized event.

Competitive Use: Competitive Use means any organized, sanctioned, or structured use, event, or activity on public land in which two or more contestants compete and either: 1) participants register, enter, or complete an application for the event; or 2) a predetermined course or area is designated.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybiker View Post
    lucky for us, it is going to be run just like the Arizona Endurance Series, where there will be less than 75 people and no need for a permit. Thanks for bringing it to the BLM's attention though.

ride.
    Planning a fun, grassroots event has gotten incredibly lame, really fast.

sprocket
    Planning a fun, grassroots event has gotten incredibly lam, really fast.
    Are you saying someone here actually notified the BLM as to the happenings that are upcoming? What possible reason would there be to do that?

Cheese and Rice......I give up.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer View Post
    Cheese and Rice......I give up.
    Why don't you go to Paris instead?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    So....I'm going to miss this fine event....really bummed about it because I FRIGGIN LOVE GRASSROOTS EVENTS over all the BS, spandex, pay 110 bucks for a water bottle and a bunch of robo fuel in a schwag bag surrounded by a bunch of Stravarsholes riding in a circle on the lamest piece of dirt ever.....but then I temper my "bum-ness" with the thought that I'm going to be spending a week over New Years in Paris......yeah, that's the kind of sucky compromise I'll place myself into time and time again...but I digress

Long story short....I'm looking for things to do when I'm not drinking and one is to visit the Tuileries Garden which is where, during the French Revolution, Marie Antoinette and her hubby..some guy named Louis.....were remanded for recreation before they lost their heads.....since then it's been a place where Parisians gather to remember the revolution and tyranny of the powers that be over the Proletariat......and the below statue resides there......I hope you all feel the irony of EPIC's previous post alerting us to the BLM's knowledge of this"sanctioned" event....
    Much too clever.

&:$((--@/@:$:$/$-"-@:$/@-"/$:$!,!,!,!.!'sks??\^{^{!|!|^,%]+{,!,*]]|!

sprocket
    &:$((--@/@:$:$/$-"-@:$/@-"/$:$!,!,!,!.!'sks??\^{^{!|!|^,%]+{,!,*]]|!
    so, do we get our 20 bucks back on this or WHAT?

ride.
    @yeti: if we have to go that road, we will 100% refund the entry fee! We weren't doing it for profit to begin with..our only goal was to break even after the finish line party was all said and done

we have a couple irons in the fire, we will let ya'll know ASAP

...and thanks for registering for our little sh!tshow!! much appreciated.

Even grassroots event gotta follow the rules. It's not that big of a deal to fill out the permit and take it down to the BLM.

Planning a fun, grassroots event has gotten incredibly lame, really fast.

mtbr member
    Attica, Atttica....!!!!!!

If somebody ratted you out, that's some complete BS. Just ride your damn bike, and eat some pie.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast