mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Do you like apples?????

How bout them apples?!!!!!!
    Last edited by pwrtrainer; 07-22-2010 at 11:34 PM.

AKA shitbird
    Sweet! Now just grow some apples of your own and learn how to properly ride it.
    JRA

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by eabos
    Sweet! Now just grow some apples of your own and learn how to properly ride it.
    tomorrow at 9ish i plan to ride nat to see how she handles up and down, she is a beast! cant wait to see what she can take.

more beers, lees gears.
    it can go up? i dont know if im man enough to ride that beast up a hill. Its gotta be 40+ lbs. And with that fork, it would be some serious granny gearin up.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mattKHS
    it can go up? i dont know if im man enough to ride that beast up a hill. Its gotta be 40+ lbs. And with that fork, it would be some serious granny gearin up.
    she rides like a dream! took her out to nat today. tough up had to walk up half of widowmaker and upper and lower waterfall, everything else was doable. she is heavy, but if you just pedal aalong and keep your line, she is fine. no stumpy though. that thing smokes up the climbs. as long as you can get this thing going, she keeps going. the weight is only an issue to me on the steeps, but i didnt buy this thing to have a trail bike.

the dh with her is amazing! she rocks the hell out of the rocks and drops, very easy to anticipate the line that the bike is gonna take, no sketchy spots that scared the hell out of me. lands 4 footers like butta. still travel to spare. the tires are a trip, they grab everything and hold the line very well, in the sandy crap they do try to kill you though.

the only weakness is me. i need to get used to the slack geometry and then ill really have some fun. broke a hell of a sweat getting her to the top, hope she stays clean for a while just kidding!
    Last edited by pwrtrainer; 07-22-2010 at 11:34 PM.

Ridin' Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by pwrtrainer
    the dh with her is amazing! she rocks the hell out of the rocks and drops
    Sweet ride

does She have a name?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

wrecking crew
    sweet! congrats on the new ride!
    ~~~

It's a Sledgehammer.
    Sep 2005
    could landon keep up with you going down?

mtbr member
    A friend of mine just bought 06 big hit for Dh I told him he could pedal up National I do it on a 34 -38 pound Cannondale Gemini Nice looking bike, and great job on clearing the up on national and Mormon with only one chain ring YOUR THE MAN

I am Bob
    holy crap! nice ride! insn't it great to learn nat on a hardtail then graduate to a bike like that?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jperson
    could landon keep up with you going down?
    he can never keep up, but he is getting one next week. smc already has it in their showroom.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bgrafk
    Sweet ride

does She have a name?
    i shall call her shebeast!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chongoman
    holy crap! nice ride! insn't it great to learn nat on a hardtail then graduate to a bike like that?
    i decided to get this bike because of just that. i was hitting more and more stuff on national and other trails that i had to prevent myself from hurting the stumpy. anyone who knows me knows im not the typical XC build and that can be hard on a frame. i race the thing as well, so for the dh fun i needed a bike that could handle it. SMC nicknamed landon and i the destroyers because we are always in there replacing derailers, pedals, chainrings, and about a million tires a season. hopefully this bike will help keep my destroying in check. SHEBEAST IS BORN!!!!

It's a Sledgehammer.
    Sep 2005
    oh man, I'm unhappy cause your gonna make me want one now. and I just got that prophet.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    rode it again today....jesus this thing can do anything. i am glad i had that goddam singlespeed for a while because thats the only way to pedal it uphill. after we hit holbert today and i realized my skillz are a lacking, we shuttled up national and rode down that, today however i put a par of my old DX clipless pedals on her because i need the up and the down on the pedals to get her to go north, and since my feet were flying off yesterday. today i didnt constantly think how to get the feet back so i could concentrate on more important things, like riding. national was a blast as always, but seeing it from a different viewpoint makes a huge difference, this bike makes the waterfall seem like a pothole, it just handles way too awesome! the big ass tires and the slack head angle just make everything easier to flow down. on a drop, just add weight to the back and a little push on the fork and voila' she plops down like silk. after we rode down we went to the usual sweet tomatoes for a buffet feast and headed back to pima canyon to hit the trail again. after forgetting to refill our cbacks we hit it up. same as yesterday as far as the climbing, but i think after a few weeks ill be able to clear up widowmaker with her. and all of nat except for the waterfall up. now that i am getting used to the geom. i might actually grow a pair and hit some sweet jumps.. shocks, pegs......lucky!!

mtbr member
    This is a phase pwrtrainer, you will be back in love with your one speed again, I promise. Remember it is a lot harder to hurt yourself grinding uphill than hucking dh, I don't want to see you in the icu ok? HAHA

It's a Sledgehammer.
    Sep 2005
    Oh... it's a sledgehammer.