mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Directions to FINS in the West Valley

Was hoping someone could help us with directions to FINS out in Goodyear/Buckeye. We will be coming from Scottsdale...

Thanks in advance for any help.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Put this as your destination in Google Maps:

33.323249,-112.442733

Meatbomb
    Not much of a trailhead. Can you park at that power substation or at the school down the street?

I'd be a little leary of hanging out in a school parking lot much these days.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Not much of a trailhead. Can you park at that power substation or at the school down the street?

I like parking at the Safeway shopping center. There are some trail options on the way to FINS.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post

I personally always park at the school on Westar Road. The "trailhead" has only about 3 spots. Everyone usually parks at the school, especially if you are meeting with others.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore Ken View Post
    Was hoping someone could help us with directions to FINS out in Goodyear/Buckeye. We will be coming from Scottsdale...

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Not sure what part of Scottsdale but you basically need to get to 10 West. Once on the 10, take the exit for Estrella Parkway (after Bullard but before 303). Go left (south) on Estrella Parkway. You will pass Phoenix Int'l Raceway. Keep going south through the rotary and continue past Elliot. Take a right on Westar (should be 1st light after Elliot). Go about 1/2 mile max and park in school on left. From lot, continue down Westar, and trailhead will be on left. Looks like the site for a future road. Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Thank you...

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Ken, you're not that hardcore!
    Tequila tonight...for tomorrow we ride

Just Joshin' ya!
    Two things - When you head south on Estrella Parkway, you will pass the Phoenix International Raceway offices, but not the actual raceway....just some semantics, but might be important....

And parking at the school is only cool when the school is not using the parking lot. But they are nice enough to let people park there to access the trails when the parking lot is not being used for school business.
    What do we want? TIME TRAVEL! When do want it? THAT'S IRRELEVANT!