mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Desert Classic SSers wanna ride?

I went out to DC this last Sunday and had a blast. I've only started riding SS, so I figured it was a good place to start (per tons of recommendations). Any other SS riders want to meet out there regularly to head out? Start at Pima parking lot and go until we get tired... weekends are good, nights are good, I'll even meet up before work (5:30ish) if we can get a group together.

What do you think?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnkeeler
    I went out to DC this last Sunday and had a blast. I've only started riding SS, so I figured it was a good place to start (per tons of recommendations). Any other SS riders want to meet out there regularly to head out? Start at Pima parking lot and go until we get tired... weekends are good, nights are good, I'll even meet up before work (5:30ish) if we can get a group together.

What do you think?
    Why are you so racist?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    What a good looking question. I suppose it has something to do with all of the time I've been spending with your grandmother lately...

mtbr member
    What a good looking question. I suppose it has something to do with all of the time I've been spending with your grandmother lately...
    My dead grandmother?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Oooops.

slow and whiney
    Feb 2010
    I went out to DC this last Sunday and had a blast. I've only started riding SS, so I figured it was a good place to start (per tons of recommendations).
    Were you on a blue full rigid? I was the guy in the parking lot stuffing a big rock in my shoe...

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    @skinny-tire I'm sorry. I thought you were just being a dick. The SS thing didn't sink in until after I first responded. My grandparents are racist, so I figured they all were. That was in poor taste on my part.

@WaylonMcFlailin Yes, that was me. Thanks for the help! Had a great time. I went in about 10 miles, and turned back. On my GPS it looked like there was a separate trail back (to Pima) about 8 miles in, but I just came out the way I went in.

mtbr member
    @skinny-tire I'm sorry. I thought you were just being a dick. The SS thing didn't sink in until after I first responded. My grandparents are racist, so I figured they all were. That was in poor taste on my part.

@WaylonMcFlailin Yes, that was me. Thanks for the help! Had a great time. I went in about 10 miles, and turned back. On my GPS it looked like there was a separate trail back (to Pima) about 8 miles in, but I just came out the way I went in.
    No worries bro, I wasn't offended. I assumed you took it the wrong way. It's all good.

P.S. I ride a SS mostly too, but I'm not a "gearist." I am, however, anti-S. Mountain. Overrated pile of rocks IMO. It can't hold PMP's smelly jockstrap.

sprocket
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    No worries bro, I wasn't offended. I assumed you took it the wrong way. It's all good.

P.S. I ride a SS mostly too, but I'm not a "gearist." I am, however, anti-S. Mountain. Overrated pile of rocks IMO. It can't hold PMP's smelly jockstrap.
    yes, this whole "Natty" and "SOMO" thing is highly overrated.

oooh, shiny...
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisurly
    yes, this whole "Natty" and "SOMO" thing is highly overrated.
    Haters...

I love SSing DC. I'm in.

Rhino
    Quote Originally Posted by WaylonMcFlailin
    Were you on a blue full rigid? I was the guy in the parking lot stuffing a big rock in my shoe...
    crack rocks?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Alright, I'll probably head over there on Thursday morning around 6:00 or so. Could also do that afternoon (also around 6:00) if that works better. Just let me know.

Haters - which other trails do you suggest?

mtbr member
    Haters - which other trails do you suggest?
    Anything other than DC. Honestly, I find the trail kind of boring, but that's just my opinion.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    No, outside of SoMo... I'm looking to ride all over the Phoenix area.

oooh, shiny...
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Anything other than DC. Honestly, I find the trail kind of boring, but that's just my opinion.
    I find your mom kinda boring, but I still ride her at night every now and again.

mtbr member
    No, outside of SoMo... I'm looking to ride all over the Phoenix area.
    See the sticky above for a list of AZ trails. I'm partial to Phoenix Mt. Preserve, but that's becuase its my backyard.

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Just got a Monocog 29er and am ready to take it on a maiden voyage. Gonna try and test it tonight if the Ghetto tubeless are holding. If all goes well, I may very well be in for this.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

mtbr member

What do you think?

I will be out on Saturday morning (Pima Canyon) and will be riding with two friends. Two of us are on SS the other is on a geared. We are gonna be riding DC. If you want to get a ride together just post it up, we will be there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ruzz
    I will be out on Saturday morning (Pima Canyon) and will be riding with two friends. Two of us are on SS the other is on a geared. We are gonna be riding DC. If you want to get a ride together just post it up, we will be there.

Oh yea...we will be FIP at 5:30-5:45

Got a suspension fork
    Quote Originally Posted by Dag Nabbit
    Just got a Monocog 29er and am ready to take it on a maiden voyage. Gonna try and test it tonight if the Ghetto tubeless are holding. If all goes well, I may very well be in for this.
    When I was in the shop Sunday talking to one of the wrenches, I used that same term. Told him I was looking forward to taking the Kona Unit on it's maiden voyage. He looked at me and asked where that trail was because he hadn't heard of it... lol.
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Quote Originally Posted by randyharris
    When I was in the shop Sunday talking to one of the wrenches, I used that same term. Told him I was looking forward to taking the Kona Unit on it's maiden voyage. He looked at me and asked where that trail was because he hadn't heard of it... lol.
    Yeah, well, you know, ship building isn't what it used to be. I think it comes from all the Bugs Bunny I watched, as they smashed a bottle on the ship for the "maiden voyage" and then yell, "Areevaderchee! Bon Voy-a-gee! Too-da-loo!" Although I don't think Maiden Voyage would be a bad name for a trail, really, or even Iron Maiden Voyage. I'd ride that.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dag Nabbit
    Yeah, well, you know, ship building isn't what it used to be. I think it comes from all the Bugs Bunny I watched, as they smashed a bottle on the ship for the "maiden voyage" and then yell, "Areevaderchee! Bon Voy-a-gee! Too-da-loo!" Although I don't think Maiden Voyage would be a bad name for a trail, really, or even Iron Maiden Voyage. I'd ride that.

Looney Tunes kicks ass. No I would never wear any of thier crap. I am sure I owe much of my twisted humor and use of long dead words and euphemisms to Bugs and friends!
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"