mtbr member

Deem Hills & Sonoran Mtn Preserve-Tue 8-2

Tues night 6:40, starting from Deem Hills rec area trail head, riding Deem Hills to trail head on east side, road to cross Skunk creek, to Jomax crossing I-17, Sonoran Mtn preserve long loop. Heading back, there are 2 options--roll south to Buffalo Wild Wings, Sauce, Paradise Bakery? or, not.

My friend Russell is here from TX. Took him on a good high country AZT ride on Sunday, and next is a sample of our desert night rides. Charge your light batteries and join us!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Man, I wish I could make it. I have yet to ride any of the trails out there and have not seen
    any recent threads on the tues night rides. Do you guys hold them every tues?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    most Tuesday nights riders start showing up around 630 to ride about 1.5-2 hrs. 2 or 3, sometime 10 or more.
    Deem Hills is a great night ride. Russell and I will ride up from Stetson Hills to the upper parking lot. Then, anyone that wants to make the combo ride is welcome. I have a good route to get us to Jomax overpass and over to sonoran mtn. Nothing technical really, moderate climbing and some fun fast sections. Come on!

No Clue Crew
    There's a Buffalo Wild Wings up there? Sweet! Tuesday nights are tough for me but the couple times I did ride there it was fun. If not a schooling. The new route sounds fun...

mtbr member
    yeah, one night we were riding back from Sonoran MP and we followed the scent of wings and fattire. And we we found it at Happy Valley & i-17

No Clue Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by RobZona View Post
    yeah, one night we were riding back from Sonoran MP and we followed the scent of wings and fattire. And we we found it at Happy Valley & i-17
    Mmmmm... that's good incentive to pick up the pace

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Ill be out there to ride!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Got to tag along with Rob and his buddy Russell on the deem hills loop tonight,now I know why his time on the TT was faster than mine, didn't help that I haven't been on the mtn bike in months.Been riding the roadbike,not quite the same intensity as deem hills (think I left part of my pei wei lunch on the hill) any way they were kind enough to wait for me,thanks guys.I'm going to start riding the hill again so maybe next time I won't slow the pace down,also might be time to upgrade the bike.

mtbr member
    enjoyed meeting you azpilot. We continued over to the ramada trailhead on the east end, then pedaled the road, crossed skunk creek, Jomax overpass, to norterra pkwy, sonoran preserve loop(short version), and then cruised down to BWW for wings and fat tires.
    Good time, but the long loop at sonoran presrv would take longer than I would do on a weeknight. On Sat night this would be big fun!

Thanks to BWW mgr, Scott! A mtb SS rider..

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/103805797

Let'er Buck
    Nice work Rob I need to get back out there will try for tuesday. Thinking of a quick saturday morning ride in prescott if you are interested. Up 305 and maybe add on smith ravine and back. Let me know
    "Powder River, Let 'er Buck"

mtbr member
    yeah, would like to do a Prescott am ride, but committed to friggin' work Sat for a while.
    Sundays are my big ride days and Tues mtb,Thur road nights.
    Come out and join us bro!

mtbr member
    hey no problem Glen. The Tues nt ride goes about the same pace, but we have several regroup stops, and let the trailers recover. Better to do that than not have riders show up to ride as a group. More fun that way and soon you will be in the middle of the pack.

Oh yeah, and lights...go to bajadesigns.com and check out the deal they have on clearance for the stryker and stryker pro lights. I have both and they are awesome lights/great value for very high quality lights. I use the pro on my helmet and the road bike bars, the stryker on my mtb bars.

My epitaph

Smile

No problem Rob. Have to take care of the tribe! Good to meet you and Russel. I'd like to hook up with you as well one of these Tuesday nights.
    Scott

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Rob - definitely in for Sat night long-style. I'll be watching for the shout out.

mtbr member
    who's interested in doing a ride Tues. night 630pm from Deem Hills parking lot, to the desert trails across the canal? My friend Russell (visiting) and I are riding approx 2 hrs.
    We did the Deem Hills-Sonoran Preserve a few weeks back and the desert single-tracks this time around.
    Hope to see some of the regulars and newbies Tues night!

mtbr member
    riding sonoran preserve tonight for a change. FITP 645, big outer loop clockwise, Saw that awesome meteor last week....tonight who knows what....bringing the white 29er ON the orange sport touring Zook tonight. Let's ride!