mtbr member

Dealing with a Hangover - [video]

Man, it's tough to top AZ diversification.

-- Evil Patrick

My Music

My Videos

Ride everything! Remember, Elvis died pushing.

******ed or Branded??
    Nice edit! The camera angle and shots were great. What kind of helmet setup is that. By how smooth the shots were, did you set up the camera/helmet rig similar to a stablizer camera setup? Looks goofy but if it produces great shots like that I would like to bite your design!

Thanks
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Patrick View Post
    Man, it's tough to top AZ diversification.

Evil:

Great video. One of the best I have ever seen of Hangover. Hope you don't mind if I give out the link to others who might want to check out that ride.

TD

mtbr member
    John, feel free to pass the vid on.

That was only the second time we've been up there. The first time was with you. On this run, I was scratching my head, trying to find the trail beginning -- right after getting up to the very first, really big slab of slick rock. Seems that someone has put cairns up that lead out to another butte...and I knew that wasn't the direction that we wanted to be heading. Finally found the right way. One of these days, I'm gonna start really using my Garmin. One of these days.

-- Evil Patrick

My Music

My Videos

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi View Post
    Nice edit! The camera angle and shots were great. What kind of helmet setup is that. By how smooth the shots were, did you set up the camera/helmet rig similar to a stablizer camera setup? Looks goofy but if it produces great shots like that I would like to bite your design!

Thanks
    I'm working through the patent. Stupid legal stuff takes a long time.
    -- Evil Patrick

My Music

My Videos

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Patrick View Post
    John, feel free to pass the vid on.

That was only the second time we've been up there. The first time was with you. On this run, I was scratching my head, trying to find the trail beginning -- right after getting up to the very first, really big slab of slick rock. Seems that someone has put cairns up that lead out to another butte...and I knew that wasn't the direction that we wanted to be heading. Finally found the right way. One of these days, I'm gonna start really using my Garmin. One of these days.

Thanks,

That was a cool perspective around the first Hangover rock. Attached is a new information sheet with your video added.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by traildoc; 09-24-2012 at 12:42 PM.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    I've fallen on that tree to the right. Good save by the tree for me.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Awesome video. I haven't had a chance to ride up in Sedona, but hopefully I'll get to ride up there sometime soon.

Give it a crank
    Wow! Great video, very well done. It's nice to watch fullscreen with the smooth motion from your custom helmet mount.

mtbr member
    Great video !

Is that trail right on the cliff is just an optical illusion?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by metalaficionado View Post
    Great video !

Is that trail right on the cliff is just an optical illusion?
    metal:

Our resident geologist could better answer what layer of rock the actual trail was built on, but I wouldn’t call it a cliff. For some reason the layer of rock the first section of trail was built on was very soft and eroded differently than the lower and upper layers. The difference in the erosion character created a significant ledge of soil that vegetation could grow in and flourish. That soft ledge is where the initial trail was routed on until you transit to the lower section of trail where you ride down a very steep face of slickrock.

When you get to the lower section of trail it runs long a ledge that is technical, but you don’t feel as exposed as the upper section.