mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Idea! Dawn to Dusk, Who's in?

Hey there, just a quick heads up that this event is filling up and has a cap because of the venue parking. Who's all going and what are you riding?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Got a link to the event website?
    14' Specialized Crave

13' Trek Superfly100 AL Elite - Sold
    06' Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc - Sold

Meatbomb

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Dang

Need to sign up stat....always a good time with DCB at the helm. Wife is gonna be ripping it up with a few other ladies, else she just got a new bike for no good reason!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 99erz View Post
    Need to sign up stat....always a good time with DCB at the helm. Wife is gonna be ripping it up with a few other ladies, else she just got a new bike for no good reason!
    No such thing as a bike for no good reason

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Registrations filling up. 74 spaces left and counting.

Need more cowbell
    Signed up - Duo.

My other ride is your mom
    There's an entry fee for this one, right?

...........never mind....I just saw the banner on the right.....I'm out.....

Ahhh the pain....
    delete...nevermind.
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    http://onegear-ray.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Registration will close FRIDAY. There are currently less than 10 available spots for this event. Did you get in?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dcbAZ View Post
    Registration will close FRIDAY. There are currently less than 10 available spots for this event. Did you get in?
    Yep
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Need more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
    Yep
    Proof that they will let anybody in....

Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer View Post
    There's an entry fee for this one, right?

An entry fee to do laps of the Pemberton.

Ahhh the pain....
    The post by the OP is nothing but SPAM... it needs removed.
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybum View Post
    Has it really come to this? Promoters are not allowed to promote their events?

Has it really come to this? Promoters are not allowed to promote their events?
    Do you even ride?

I'm sorry.....but there are lots of folks on here....with growing green chicklets hanging from their chests....who don't really ride........

Ahhh the pain....
    Last edited by Raybum; 11-14-2012 at 05:48 PM.
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Because it's spam or because it talks of loops around Pemberton? Yeah, sorry. I'll use the fee money for gas to drive to the AZT or BCT.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

Ahhh the pain....
    Last edited by Raybum; 11-14-2012 at 05:46 PM.
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

^^^^ a FAR better spend of money IMHO riding some of the incredible trails of this state.

BTW, I understand that for many, it's not just about the course...it's about the racing experience, of which the course is just a part. Not my cup of tea, but understand others dig it. My rant here is more about how DCB promoted it as a post then posted again saying spots were filling up... I thought one of the rules of the forum was no selling... in my opinion, this is basically selling.
    There exists a special hypocrisy here in the light of other "unsanctioned" events.............

There exists a special hypocrisy here in the light of other "unsanctioned" events.............
    ....where no one profits, so the interest is purely riding and camaraderie. I think this one has a vested interest in greenbacks, which makes it manipulative advertising, not a call to ride with pals.....for free. I'm sure Mr, Mrs. DCB could check the rolls him/herself to see who's coming. This is different than if WoD or CO posted to see what the roll call is. Their profit margin won't increase if more people show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dag Nabbit View Post
    ....where no one profits, so the interest is purely riding and camaraderie. I think this one has a vested interest in greenbacks, which makes it manipulative advertising, not a call to ride with pals.....for free. I'm sure Mr, Mrs. DCB could check the rolls him/herself to see who's coming. This is different than if WoD or CO posted to see what the roll call is. Their profit margin won't increase if more people show up.
    .....thank you for completing my....I assume my....is obvious......

.....thank you for completing my....I assume my....is obvious......
    .......sure.

Meatbomb
    I don't get it .... it's a mtb event, why can't it be advertised here without ridicule ?

Is it the profit thang?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I don't get it .... it's a mtb event, why can't it be advertised here without ridicule ?

Is it the profit thang?
    yea...it is.....it's the double standard which stings. A grassroots event gets called out....an event that won't make a dime (all proceeds go to the beer drank in said event.....ohh, and some pie)......vs.a corporate sponsor who has a banner on our periphery, and then posts up.......

Yeah.....it's the profit thing......

Like Maude repeats the word vagina....over and over again....I repeat....

Periphery, Peripher, Periphrasis.....Periphrasis

I miss Maude.....I really do.....I will always miss maude...but I digress........
    Last edited by Maadjurguer; 11-14-2012 at 06:57 PM.

mtbr member
    Do you even ride?
    Barely. It costs too much money to obviously.
    Last edited by Casual Observer; 11-14-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Barely. It costs to much money to obviously.
    Thank you for your magnanimous play.......

mtbr member
    ^^^^ a FAR better spend of money IMHO riding some of the incredible trails of this state.

BTW, I understand that for many, it's not just about the course...it's about the racing experience, of which the course is just a part. Not my cup of tea, but understand others dig it. My rant here is more about how DCB promoted it as a post then posted again saying spots were filling up... I thought one of the rules of the forum was no selling... in my opinion, this is basically selling.
    And you can't think of better things to complain about that somebody looking to make a living? I'm pretty sure DCB cannot afford to put this race on for free. I get the AES stuff, and I really appreciate them. But I'm sure Chad and the like have other sources of income to pay the bills.
    Last edited by Casual Observer; 11-14-2012 at 07:00 PM.

To be clear......no one....and I mean NO ONE....makes money on AES rides. These are gatherings of like minded individuals who like to see the beauty of this state.....and they're done because we like to talk about the beautiful sections of trail we all ride for fun.......a far cry from a corporate sponsor on your right that creates an account on this site with a post count of "5" and shills for more entry fees.

Need more cowbell
    I'll dink a beer with the skunk after...just to help the vibe. Fastest lap drinks free...it is after all a race.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskersOfDeath View Post
    I'll dink a beer with the skunk after...just to help the vibe. Fastest lap drinks free...it is after all a race.
    You're on!!!! I'm going to start a Beat WoD Facebook page.

(Shoot, I gave up beer until after the new year )

Need more cowbell

(Shoot, I gave up beer until after the new year )
    Did they take that page down after the Whiskey?

mtbr member
    Did they take that page down after the Whiskey?
    Hhmm, good question. I think so.

Meatbomb
    Just so I am clear .. You guys are against a race promoter making a profit ?

mtbr member
    yea...it is.....it's the double standard which stings. A grassroots event gets called out....
    Sorry, I've not spent much time on MTBR lately. When did this happen? If that's the case, they heck yea I think it's BS to allow them to have free advertisements. But I wasn't aware of this.

mtbr member
    I don't know what the big deal is. I'm signed up and pretty excited about it. I know it's only Pemberton, but I'm just excited to be doing a race again. If someone has a good product, well then they deserve to profit from it. But that other non profit group sounds pretty cool too. To each their own I guess. We all have our preferences. At the end of the day, we are all talking about riding a bike, so that's pretty cool.

Happy Trails
    I suppose you you grumpy ole' men don't have jobs, since the idea of OP earning a living is such a bummer for you. Dusk till Dawn sold out last year (I didn't ride it) and it'll sell out this year (Ima' hit it), regardless of this innocuous post. Yeah, there's some spam-factor, but I don't reckon anyone's gonna get rich though.

Don't be a buzz-kill!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    im in for SS solo. i normally don't ride Pemberton but racing it makes it a pretty good challenge.
    DCB puts on a good show.Ill gladly give them my $95 to ride in circles and suffer for 10 hours.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Wow guys, Pemberton is not my cup o tea either, but as a mountain biker I'd like to see a thread on each of the local events so I know what my choices are.

I love the grassroots stuff too, but I think it's kinda poopy to bash something because it's not free and it's not your thing. You have choices ... don't enter the race and don't open the thread.

Dang.

I can be a real ass sometimes and often it takes a levelheaded response by someone to make me realize it....this is one of those times...

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleGerl View Post
    Wow guys, Pemberton is not my cup o tea either, but as a mountain biker I'd like to see a thread on each of the local events so I know what my choices are.

I love the grassroots stuff too, but I think it's kinda poopy to bash something because it's not free and it's not your thing. You have choices ... don't enter the race and don't open the thread.

Dang.
    wow. I'm with TG. Nothing wrong with having your fun your way, don't crap on someone else's fun and make them feel $h!tty for their stoke. respect eachother's passion and be positive.

don't be bitter about the BCT ride either. Love what DC tried to do with it, but I was surprised by how visible this event was with so much lead time. Some events that are quite popular over other holiday weekends still keep it more word-of-mouth for a reason.

as far as the promoter post a message...cmon people take a step back and give the guy some slack. Events wouldnt exist if the promoter couldnt make some money back. Hes not bombing every forum with messages, and he will probably learn now to announce himself thusly. I know some races I've done in Prescott 12 hr and Fire on the Rim did some mild self-promotion, not every race is Epic Rides. No knock on Epic, they've worked very hard to get 'stability' where they can count on filling up, and i'm glad they dont have to stress their budget they've worked hard to get there! FWIW, I rode with Todd this past weekend at the underground Sandbox Showdown - we're all just out for a good ride.

the ad on the side of the page, its an adword thing. Putting on AdBlocker and it will go away. Its not the promoter's fault for that, its google's.

Maad - lighten up Francis i have a bottle of kahlua for you.

whew! i'm done here...

Kathleen in AZ
    There are so few posts at all anymore on the AZ page that I welcome DCB pimping their event :-)

Since I switched to Sanka, I've been a d0o$h....sorry.....

ride.
    I haven't been on mtbr in quite some time and tuned back in yesterday when i heard about people blowing the whistle on my event. what kind of people call themselves mountain bikers and call race promotion by a guy most of us know by his first name "SPAM" ...who blows the whistle on 2 guys trying to put forth a grassroots effort and have a little friendly time trial on a holiday weekend?

I'm really speechless about the reaction here. I was just trying to infuse something new into what tiny inbred scene we have here. Ya know, 10 hours of riding around Pemberton ain't my thing either, but judging by how full the event is, i would say a lot of people enjoy it. It's rides like that which can hook spectators and beginners into a life of bike love...

I'm still going to keep trying.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtybiker View Post
    I haven't been on mtbr in quite some time and tuned back in yesterday when i heard about people blowing the whistle on my event. what kind of people call themselves mountain bikers and call race promotion by a guy most of us know by his first name "SPAM" ...who blows the whistle on 2 guys trying to put forth a grassroots effort and have a little friendly time trial on a holiday weekend?

I'm really speechless about the reaction here. I was just trying to infuse something new into what tiny inbred scene we have here. Ya know, 10 hours of riding around Pemberton ain't my thing either, but judging by how full the event is, i would say a lot of people enjoy it. It's rides like that which can hook spectators and beginners into a life of bike love...

keep it up Dirty, its a great idea, i would have signed up in a sec if I didnt have plans. I hope you find a way to make it happen.

maybe I'm misinterpreting, but I didn't view epicrider as blowing any whistles, just clarifying facts about the rules. If someone did crap on your event, that truly sucks and that person is an a$$hat!

To be clear, I was not implying EPIC blew the whistle.....my facepalm was directed at the BLM response andwh

To be clear, I was not implying EPIC blew the whistle.....my facepalm was directed at the BLM response and whomever did the blowing

livin' the dream......
    I've done this race twice and like it. Schedule conflict keeping me from it this year. I don't care that Dave is pimping the race. People need to make a living and if he picked up a few paying customers as a result of this thread, good for him.

Good call on people straightening out this thread and refocusing it on local riding/racing stoke. I'm not a fan of the "guerrilla" type promo/advertising where you're duped into participating in the promo, which is the grumpy old man in me blossoming, which I know something about since I went out last week in sandals with socks and didn't care. A principled stance is better placed somewhere else rather than here, I guess. I've missed out on the other referenced drama......And bashing on Pemby as the red-headed step-child of the local trail-world is generally common, at least in the poke in the ribs way. I didn't intend to bash on the event itself.

I'm sure DCB goes a great job, or else they wouldn't be almost full. As my mind refocuses on riding and racing, and away from the ontological aspects of responsible by-the-books fully disclosed advertising better suited for another thread not tied to some local fun, I wish all participants to have a great event! I certainly didn't intend any ill will. If anything would make Pemby any more interesting, it would be riding with a few hundred other people. This is what the night ride series does out there. The last thing I want to do is decrease riding stoke, whatever the flavor, intentionally or unintentionally. Riding is the goal here, not flaming advertising methods or rule bending. Go get'm!

mtbr member
    Since I switched to Sanka, I've been a d0o$h....sorry.....
    Coffee is my vice. I feel for you. I should send you some dunkin donuts. My parents keep shipping me pounds of it. Guess who has two thumbs and is not complaining?

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by Dag Nabbit View Post
    Good call on people straightening out this thread and refocusing it on local riding/racing stoke. I'm not a fan of the "guerrilla" type promo/advertising where you're duped into participating in the promo, which is the grumpy old man in me blossoming, which I know something about since I went out last week in sandals with socks and didn't care. A principled stance is better placed somewhere else rather than here, I guess. I've missed out on the other referenced drama......And bashing on Pemby as the red-headed step-child of the local trail-world is generally common, at least in the poke in the ribs way. I didn't intend to bash on the event itself.

I'm sure DCB goes a great job, or else they wouldn't be almost full. As my mind refocuses on riding and racing, and away from the ontological aspects of responsible by-the-books fully disclosed advertising better suited for another thread not tied to some local fun, I wish all participants to have a great event! I certainly didn't intend any ill will. If anything would make Pemby any more interesting, it would be riding with a few hundred other people. This is what the night ride series does out there. The last thing I want to do is decrease riding stoke, whatever the flavor, intentionally or unintentionally. Riding is the goal here, not flaming advertising methods or rule bending. Go get'm!
    wow man, i havent cried like that since 'Titanic'

Quote Originally Posted by chollaball View Post
    wow man, i havent cried like that since 'Titanic'

Thank you, thank you. Those are tears of joy, friendship and riding stoke, my friend, not tears of sadness. Remember that.

mtbr member
    Any complaints and whining will be penalized with 10 laps on Pemberton trail......

BEHIND AN UNPASSABLE POSSE OF HORSEBACK RIDERS
    AND THROUGH STEAMING PILES OF HORSESHIT !!!!!!!!!

go ride, drink a beer, enjoy life

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    There is a lot of talk about grassroots. There is a difference between grassroots and underground. Underground needs to be kept on the DL. No facebook page. No paypal sign up. No MTBR.

There are certain events that happen every year and you'll still have a hard time figuring out how to join in if you don't know someone who knows.

I was signed up and stoked, but honestly surprised that it was promoted so openly. There is a need for this type of racing in AZ.

Thanks for trying DC.
    Last edited by TurtleGerl; 11-16-2012 at 07:02 AM.

I am Walt
    I'm doing this event solo. Deanna and I were going to do a duo as "Just Married", but now she's off the bike with her thumb surgery. I'll STILL be Just Married, though!

I'm thrilled to do this event, because I have upcoming shoulder surgery, and will be off the bike for 4-5 months. So I will savor any riding I can do until then.

I happen to enjoy Pemberton alot. Maybe it's not "cool", and "technical", and whatever, but it's nice desert mountain biking. And hammering race laps on a team, or riding it solo for 10 hours makes it pretty interesting, and challenging.

The organizer is a great guy, and ran/runs great events. He's just trying to promote mountain biking, and his event/business. Funny how Todd Sadow does the same thing, and he gets roasted as he tries to grow his business. Jeez...

BTW, the organizer is a great mountain biker...rocked the first Quad on his rigid SS, and finished towards the front!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Ride more; post less...

mtbr member
    Don't understand how MTB and the character of its participants has changed so much over the past two decades. 20 some years ago when I first started, no one got up in arms about who wore spandex, what "gnar" was and all the subdivisions of ths sport. Back then- some folks rode canal paths, some trails vaguely disguised as a canal path, others forged thier own way converting hiking and cow trails into thier flavor of choice when it came time to ride. Some liked to ride down, others preferred up and they still got along. Why? Because it was a common bond-two fat tires riding on something other than pavement.

These days, it seems we are required to pick sides and staunchly support them no matter what, even if that means losing the possible friend ship of our cousins because he yings and you yang.

I think most of the animosity in this thread is not about a promoter making money by slipping in a few posts on a site that he actually PAID for advetising in the form of a banner, but about the "grassroots vs. commercial" racing avenues. For all of you being indignant because you ride grassroot races, think about this. If the promoter stopped holding commercialized races, then there would be an influx of riders hitting up the grassroots events. They would get too big, come under the microscope of our flawed government nannies and then they too would would have to charge money to race to cover fees, insurance and whatnot (hint-this is how commercial races were born). Then bike snobs would ***** and moan that there are soo many people, it ruined thier vibe etc.

Point is, I could care less where you ride, what you ride it on, how you were dressed, how much you paid to do it and with whom- I just like to see and interact with people who love bikes and appreciate all the good things that bikes and riding bring into thier lives. So that is why I enjoy hanging around the internet with bike snobs, riding with folks dressed like stormtroopers and doing XC rides with euro-philes... because its all bikes, and it gets me away from the daily grind of bull puckey I get bombarded with all day long. That is why I can understand the Maad's, the Cholla's, and others I have butted heads with. I can understand that the type of rides they crave are not my cup of joe, but sure fun to read about, see pictures of and discuss. Bikes are a vessel to freedom-they are not like political or religious beliefs where it is encouraged to try to change the thoughts of others to reflect yours, or kill them because they are different. Enjoy your bikepacking you enlightened psychopaths. Keep the ER's busy and armor producers flush you gravity geeks. Make sure the spandex market stays viable and horse trails still have tire tracks you XC nerds. I will be right there with you, on bike or in spirit because thats what makes this sport great-its not boring!

In this state we have all the ingredients to make the most powerful and influential cycling groups in the USA if not the world. Between the sheer numbers of participants, the number of days we can partake, the amount of riding areas we have to use and the demographics we support (CEO's to Long Handle Operators, male, female, old, young, rich and poor) there is no reason why we should not have the best trails, rides, races of all types, laws supporting us on the trail and road, and sponsorship dollars from all the bike related companies to help subsidize it- right here in our own back yard. We have a lot of power and we do not use it. Heck-and that doesn't count road-only types. Maybe it is because most Arizonans are not "from here" and all of the different regional thoughts that don't meld easily when put together? That just means it is all of our fault for not embracing or at least recognizing other groups as viable alternatives healthy to the sport. Maybe there is too much power to organize? I don't believe that. I only wish I was in the position to be able to dedicate the time and resources to create a community of cyclists from all of the valuble assets and people we have in this state. Ride on friends. Disagreement is fine, but don't get petty-get sweaty.
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

^^^^^well said.....I am officially a humbled a$$h0le....

Boriqua Puneta
    Sitting back and relaxing lol
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Only type of shuttle I ride....the ambulance!

mtbr member
    ^^^^^well said.....I am officially a humbled a$$h0le....
    Maad- even though I kind of called you out, that was not my full or true intent. You have some of the most magnificent and stoke inducing posts and once in a while I read your posts and think WTF, dude needs a ride stat!

It is because you and others like you have passion for the sport and when we are passionate we sometimes react passionately. That is why there is the term- "crime of passion". Thanks for understanding
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

^^^^you hit the nail on the head.....those WTF posts....that's me not getting enough ride time in.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I had lived in AZ the last 5 years and have participated in the Dawn to Dusk, numerous AZES events, Epic ride events, 4 Peaks events, Quad Bypass, you name it and I tried to ride it.
    I was transferred to Portland, OR six months ago and now sit on my couch and watch the weather reports for when I "may" get my next ride in on a trail that's one hour away, and that's the close one.
    I would give anything to be back in AZ and have the unlimited choices of when and where to ride on a daily basis. The sun must be baking your minds when all you have to b!%ch about is DCB filling up his last few spots. Just ride your bike and relax.
    Damn, and I was checking the AZ forums to see what I was missing back in AZ!!!!
    Guess I'll put my rain gear on and ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Some of you all got a little verbose and I just skimmed through the posts, so pardon if I repeat anything that was said.

I personally like seeing shout-outs on races - profitable or not. I'm new to the racing scene and have no way of knowing what's out there to compete/have fun in except by word of mouth, forums, and google. Some races that I've seen shouted out on here haven't come up on my google searches. Maybe I'm a terrible googler, but I only have so much time to google. Every minute on google (or forums) is a minute not on my bike . Good luck everyone!

Need more cowbell
    Did you see how nice the forecast is for this year?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Weather looks perfect. Looking forward to this event since its my first D to D race. Mmm the beers are gonna taste so good after the ride

livin' the dream......
    Quote Originally Posted by cstem View Post
    Don't understand how MTB and the character of its participants has changed so much over the past two decades. 20 some years ago when I first started, no one got up in arms about who wore spandex, what "gnar" was and all the subdivisions of ths sport. Back then- some folks rode canal paths, some trails vaguely disguised as a canal path, others forged thier own way converting hiking and cow trails into thier flavor of choice when it came time to ride. Some liked to ride down, others preferred up and they still got along. Why? Because it was a common bond-two fat tires riding on something other than pavement.

These days, it seems we are required to pick sides and staunchly support them no matter what, even if that means losing the possible friend ship of our cousins because he yings and you yang.

I think most of the animosity in this thread is not about a promoter making money by slipping in a few posts on a site that he actually PAID for advetising in the form of a banner, but about the "grassroots vs. commercial" racing avenues. For all of you being indignant because you ride grassroot races, think about this. If the promoter stopped holding commercialized races, then there would be an influx of riders hitting up the grassroots events. They would get too big, come under the microscope of our flawed government nannies and then they too would would have to charge money to race to cover fees, insurance and whatnot (hint-this is how commercial races were born). Then bike snobs would ***** and moan that there are soo many people, it ruined thier vibe etc.

Point is, I could care less where you ride, what you ride it on, how you were dressed, how much you paid to do it and with whom- I just like to see and interact with people who love bikes and appreciate all the good things that bikes and riding bring into thier lives. So that is why I enjoy hanging around the internet with bike snobs, riding with folks dressed like stormtroopers and doing XC rides with euro-philes... because its all bikes, and it gets me away from the daily grind of bull puckey I get bombarded with all day long. That is why I can understand the Maad's, the Cholla's, and others I have butted heads with. I can understand that the type of rides they crave are not my cup of joe, but sure fun to read about, see pictures of and discuss. Bikes are a vessel to freedom-they are not like political or religious beliefs where it is encouraged to try to change the thoughts of others to reflect yours, or kill them because they are different. Enjoy your bikepacking you enlightened psychopaths. Keep the ER's busy and armor producers flush you gravity geeks. Make sure the spandex market stays viable and horse trails still have tire tracks you XC nerds. I will be right there with you, on bike or in spirit because thats what makes this sport great-its not boring!

In this state we have all the ingredients to make the most powerful and influential cycling groups in the USA if not the world. Between the sheer numbers of participants, the number of days we can partake, the amount of riding areas we have to use and the demographics we support (CEO's to Long Handle Operators, male, female, old, young, rich and poor) there is no reason why we should not have the best trails, rides, races of all types, laws supporting us on the trail and road, and sponsorship dollars from all the bike related companies to help subsidize it- right here in our own back yard. We have a lot of power and we do not use it. Heck-and that doesn't count road-only types. Maybe it is because most Arizonans are not "from here" and all of the different regional thoughts that don't meld easily when put together? That just means it is all of our fault for not embracing or at least recognizing other groups as viable alternatives healthy to the sport. Maybe there is too much power to organize? I don't believe that. I only wish I was in the position to be able to dedicate the time and resources to create a community of cyclists from all of the valuble assets and people we have in this state. Ride on friends. Disagreement is fine, but don't get petty-get sweaty.
    Best post I've read since I've been on mtbr. Well said!!!!

Need more cowbell
    What a fun event this year!

The weather was great and Chipotle really came through as a sponsor.
    The competition for this event seems to be getting really stiff as there were some REALLY fast times by multiple teams this time around.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    What a fun event this year!

The weather was great and Chipotle really came through as a sponsor.
    The competition for this event seems to be getting really stiff as there were some REALLY fast times by multiple teams this time around.
    Yeah, the teams had some pretty tough competition with this one guy that was doing it solo...

Happy Trails
    This was awesome. I went 5 laps solo and called it a day. 80 miles. Sponsor Chipotle rocks>>>Free tacos! And Sunday Cycles weenie wagon brought dogs and beer, and peanut butter pretzels that got me thru lap 4. Weather Conditions perfect but I might bring shoe covers for lap 1 next year. Track a little dusty. Race logistics great except some Lancers who skipped the Start line down at the Comp Loops then jumped into Lap 1 once the pack showed up (hey, bro, it's your time, but you know who you are...). Feed station could have used some gels, but thanks, MM, for the protein drinks. Perfectamundo weather. Good blend of locals and outoftowners and over all a great vibe from the participants. I didn't hear of anyone getting hurt too badly, but saw some botanical learning moments on the cactuses. Heck yeah, next year I'll be back. Ill get 6 next year. Nice work Dave.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EthanDM View Post
    Yeah, the teams had some pretty tough competition with this one guy that was doing it solo...
    Did I hear he did 11 laps? I want to see those lap times. He had to average about 57 min laps for over 9 hours. Sick.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Did I hear he did 11 laps? I want to see those lap times. He had to average about 57 min laps for over 9 hours. Sick.
    Yeah he did 11 laps.

He was going faster than 57 min laps, at least for most of the time. He and I were the first through after the first lap at 58min including the start climb, roughly a 50min lap (fastest of the day). My teammates did laps 2 and 3 with him at 51:45, then he was ahead of us for a about a lap. I doubt he had any laps over 56 minutes unless he had to stop at some point.

mtbr member
    Yeah I had a blast. My buddy convinced me to do it with him as a team and I am glad he did. We were able to get in 8 laps, so I was super excited about that. But my goodness the dirt roadies are fast! So a guy did eleven laps on his own? I was dying after 4, so good for him. Aside for a few people who took themselves way too seriously on the trail, and the final lap (wish I brought a light) it was a perfect event.

Need more cowbell
    Here are Eric's lap times...he's just not human.

Eric Marcotte 64 Lap 1 58:24.60
    Eric Marcotte 64 Lap 2 51:23.15
    Eric Marcotte 64 Lap 3 51:46.50
    Eric Marcotte 64 Lap 4 52:18.44
    Eric Marcotte 64 Lap 5 53:47.06
    Eric Marcotte 64 Lap 6 54:25.83
    Eric Marcotte 64 Lap 7 52:57.66
    Eric Marcotte 64 Lap 8 54:31.21
    Eric Marcotte 64 Lap 9 57:16.65
    Eric Marcotte 64 Lap 10 56:40.37
    Eric Marcotte 64 Lap 11 1:06:46

A plethora of pinatas
    Yea, Eric is a machine! Very impressive ride on the day for him.
    Marty

Shift less, Pedal more.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtybiker View Post

Please keep trying. I fully agree with you. Screw the whistle blower whoever he/she/heshe is. I'm still thinking of riding BCT that day, and having a beer with a slice of pie afterwards anyway. I don't like to drink alone so I'll bring some extras.
    I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I'm not......Dolemite.

Members who have read this thread: 0