Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    In the rear with the beer

Dawn to Dusk - Game on

I'm liking the Tonto trail as part of the loop. Who's going? (i'm totally digging the new logo).
    Salvation Outdoor
    "Take it Outside...Again!!!"

wowarizona.com
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdudecycling
    (i'm totally digging the new logo).
    I don't know why, but when I looked at the logo, I started chuckling as this dialogue starting going through my head, thinking SOMEONE will work really hard to be offended…

Ian: "I mean, what's offensive?"
    Bobbi: "Ian, you put a greased naked woman..."
    Ian: "Yes..."
    Bobbi: "..on all fours..."
    Ian: "Yes."
    Bobbi: "...with a dog collar around her neck..."
    Ian: "...with a dog collar..."
    Bobbi: "...and a leash..."
    Ian: "...and a leash..."
    Bobbi: "...and a man's arm extended out up to here holding on to the leash and pushing a black glove in her face to sniff it. You don't find that offensive, you don't find that sexist?"
    Ian: "No I don't, this is 1982."

(LOL…side note, NO I AM NOT OFFENDED BY D-TO-D logo…don't care…just one of those "stream of consciousness" things!~!~?)
    Last edited by C.J.; 11-25-2008 at 10:38 AM.
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

I'm in!

I'm liking the Tonto trail as part of the loop. Who's going? (i'm totally digging the new logo).
    I'm excited, this will be my first race like this. I'm doing it as part of a duo with my bf. I'm hoping he'll carry us a little with lap times cause I really don't think I'll be able to break 1:25

Okay I must be a dork and didn't read the entire write up on the race, but where is Tonto trail? Is that before the rocky area out towards dixie mine?

Yeah, not a big fan of the logo - It reminds me of those mudflaps with the girls on them you see on those big ol' trucks. You know which ones I'm talkin' about?

Tiff

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanyinanthem
    but where is Tonto trail? Is that before the rocky area out towards dixie mine?

Yeah, not a big fan of the logo - It reminds me of those mudflaps with the girls on them you see on those big ol' trucks. You know which ones I'm talkin' about?

Tiff
    Yep, Tonto trail breakoff the main trail befroe you get to the rocky area. Its right around the bench that is out there. It'll be a pretty fast descent, smooth trail except a ton of water bars, goes down into a big wash and joins back up wtih the trail in the general sandy area 1 mile or so from the trailhead.

I'm thinking if i were a trucker, I would totally have those mud flaps or maybe the ones with Yosemite Sam that say "back off".
    Salvation Outdoor

pedaller
    C'mon Tiff, you always ride in stiletto heels, right?

and tell me more about this bf of yours...

Yosemite Sam rocks!
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Yep, Tonto trail breakoff the main trail befroe you get to the rocky area. Its right around the bench that is out there. It'll be a pretty fast descent, smooth trail except a ton of water bars, goes down into a big wash and joins back up wtih the trail in the general sandy area 1 mile or so from the trailhead.

I'm thinking if i were a trucker, I would totally have those mud flaps or maybe the ones with Yosemite Sam that say "back off".
    Okay, yes I remember seeing the sign for Tonto and where it links up to the main trail.
    I liked that rocky section, it kept it interesting. Grrrr, more waterbars!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelg
    C'mon Tiff, you always ride in stiletto heels, right?

and tell me more about this bf of yours...

Yosemite Sam rocks!
    Noel,

Hehe, yep I've got the stiletto's ready!

Tiff

"Yabut"
    I'll be there, riding duo with Slugobikes. Let's hope it's a tad bit drier than last year.

The logo kicks ass!
    ~Aaron~
    "I like the night life. I like to boogie."

www.CosmicRaces.com

Ridin bikes is fun
    Okay I must be a dork and didn't read the entire write up on the race, but where is Tonto trail? Is that before the rocky area out towards dixie mine?
    http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/player/7186644

Tiffany, this is the GPS from one of my laps on Saturday. You would know about Tonto if you would have been there like you said you would. But I'll hook you up anyway. If you look at the map in satellite mode and zoom in, you can see where Pemberton continues on at the top of the page. The Tonto trail is about 50 yards past the bench. This route cuts off about 1.4 miles of the course and it is very fast. So you should easily beet 1:25 on this course.
    Better than most, not as good as some.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by surfndav
    http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/player/7186644

Tiffany, this is the GPS from one of my laps on Saturday. You would know about Tonto if you would have been there like you said you would. But I'll hook you up anyway. If you look at the map in satellite mode and zoom in, you can see where Pemberton continues on at the top of the page. The Tonto trail is about 50 yards past the bench. This route cuts off about 1.4 miles of the course and it is very fast. So you should easily beet 1:25 on this course.

Yeah I'm such a FLAKE, sorry about saturday. I obviously don't do early very well! Thanks for the map.

I'm so tired of riding Pemberton right now, but I'm gonna go ride the correct route tomorrow just to time myself. DAMN I'm such a roadie huh! I know Will can kick @ss on the course and so it would be cool if I could pull a decent lap time.

Tiff

wowarizona.com
    Jan 2004

LOL
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!

swashbucklerette
    I'll be there with a friend of mine (we're duo female). Love the logo!

livin' the dream......
    You can haul a$$ down Tonto. On the fence about this event due to other pending family commitments..............we'll see.

A women's duo team should dress like the models in the logo, heels and all. they would be my favorite team ever!!
    Salvation Outdoor

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    A women's duo team should dress like the models in the logo, heels and all. they would be my favorite team ever!!
    I hope you're just kidding.... but in case you're not, I'll add a few things... .

Why do women have to be put in stupid poses like that? Why do advertisers use the sex sells idea and people still buy into that crap and don’t see its degrading to women. And yes, I’ll say it, we are not objects.

So I hope that the event promoters take the high road next year and if they want to use women in their ads that they don’t use ones in high heels and in some ridiculous pose on a bike. Instead gets some bad @ss chick actually riding her bike! I know, not as sexy huh?

Feminist rant done……………..

Tiff

I hope you're just kidding.... but in case you're not, I'll add a few things... .

Why do women have to be put in stupid poses like that? Why do advertisers use the sex sells idea and people still buy into that crap and don’t see its degrading to women. And yes, I’ll say it, we are not objects.

So I hope that the event promoters take the high road next year and if they want to use women in their ads that they don’t use ones in high heels and in some ridiculous pose on a bike. Instead gets some bad @ss chick actually riding her bike! I know, not as sexy huh?

Tiff
    Whoa, my bad.....

besides, I can't imagine that you can attach cleats to heels anyway.....
    Salvation Outdoor

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelg
    Yosemite Sam rocks!
    Your taste in Looney Tunes characters sucks!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    i think i am doing a duo at the race. tonto is part of it?? so how long is loop?

mx

mtbr member
    I am in for Solo Singlespeed... I am really hoping for a repeat of last year with rain and lightning and flash floods and just generally nasty conditions for the entire race... that would be swell.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Myself and three buddies will be out from Albuquerque (2 duo teams). This will be my first 12 hour race and only my second race in all. Should be a blast!

Kathleen in AZ

Tiff
    I totally agree!!! I had not yet looked at this thread but came on this morning to say something like "just get the damn race done so that the sexist & ridiculous D-to-D banners will disappear. What jerk (not you Dirdir) decided to advertise with mudflap ho's? Does this represent mtn bike racing? Dawn to Dusk = angelgirl to shedevil? I don't see the logic, I don't see the appeal.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tamen00
    I am in for Solo Singlespeed... I am really hoping for a repeat of last year with rain and lightning and flash floods and just generally nasty conditions for the entire race... that would be swell.
    Tom, I won't be there this year, but I'm sending my man Z-Rocks up there to throw down for me! Be gentle!

+1 on sloppy conditions for y'all! Almost loosing the EZ-Up we were camped under the night before the race due to the high winds and sideways rain won't be forgotten any time soon! That race was friggen EPIC!!!
    You COULD do it on a geared bike, but I wouldn't reccomend it!

Derailleurs are for failures!

AZ Biker Chick
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    I totally agree!!! I had not yet looked at this thread but came on this morning to say something like "just get the damn race done so that the sexist & ridiculous D-to-D banners will disappear. What jerk (not you Dirdir) decided to advertise with mudflap ho's? Does this represent mtn bike racing? Dawn to Dusk = angelgirl to shedevil? I don't see the logic, I don't see the appeal.

Im with you two! Seriously?
    Save it for the the truckers!
    Don't even want the Tshirt from this event!

Dave - what's the deal?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by goldbergace
    Im with you two! Seriously?
    Save it for the the truckers!
    Don't even want the Tshirt from this event!

Dave - what's the deal?
    can i have your t-shirt?

mx

pedaller
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Your taste in Looney Tunes characters sucks!!!!!!!!!!!
    OK stinky-tire...
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast