Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 104
  1. #1
    In the rear with the beer
    Reputation: bigdudecycling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,315

    Dawn to Dusk - Game on

    I'm liking the Tonto trail as part of the loop. Who's going? (i'm totally digging the new logo).
    Salvation Outdoor
    "Take it Outside...Again!!!"

  2. #2
    wowarizona.com
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    864
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdudecycling
    (i'm totally digging the new logo).
    I don't know why, but when I looked at the logo, I started chuckling as this dialogue starting going through my head, thinking SOMEONE will work really hard to be offended…

    Ian: "I mean, what's offensive?"
    Bobbi: "Ian, you put a greased naked woman..."
    Ian: "Yes..."
    Bobbi: "..on all fours..."
    Ian: "Yes."
    Bobbi: "...with a dog collar around her neck..."
    Ian: "...with a dog collar..."
    Bobbi: "...and a leash..."
    Ian: "...and a leash..."
    Bobbi: "...and a man's arm extended out up to here holding on to the leash and pushing a black glove in her face to sniff it. You don't find that offensive, you don't find that sexist?"
    Ian: "No I don't, this is 1982."

    (LOL…side note, NO I AM NOT OFFENDED BY D-TO-D logo…don't care…just one of those "stream of consciousness" things!~!~?)
    Last edited by C.J.; 11-25-2008 at 10:38 AM.
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    589

    I'm in!

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdudecycling
    I'm liking the Tonto trail as part of the loop. Who's going? (i'm totally digging the new logo).
    I'm excited, this will be my first race like this. I'm doing it as part of a duo with my bf. I'm hoping he'll carry us a little with lap times cause I really don't think I'll be able to break 1:25

    Okay I must be a dork and didn't read the entire write up on the race, but where is Tonto trail? Is that before the rocky area out towards dixie mine?

    Yeah, not a big fan of the logo - It reminds me of those mudflaps with the girls on them you see on those big ol' trucks. You know which ones I'm talkin' about?

    Tiff

  4. #4
    In the rear with the beer
    Reputation: bigdudecycling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffanyinanthem
    but where is Tonto trail? Is that before the rocky area out towards dixie mine?

    Yeah, not a big fan of the logo - It reminds me of those mudflaps with the girls on them you see on those big ol' trucks. You know which ones I'm talkin' about?

    Tiff
    Yep, Tonto trail breakoff the main trail befroe you get to the rocky area. Its right around the bench that is out there. It'll be a pretty fast descent, smooth trail except a ton of water bars, goes down into a big wash and joins back up wtih the trail in the general sandy area 1 mile or so from the trailhead.

    I'm thinking if i were a trucker, I would totally have those mud flaps or maybe the ones with Yosemite Sam that say "back off".
    Salvation Outdoor
    "Take it Outside...Again!!!"

  5. #5
    pedaller
    Reputation: Noelg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,400
    C'mon Tiff, you always ride in stiletto heels, right?

    and tell me more about this bf of yours...

    Yosemite Sam rocks!
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdudecycling
    Yep, Tonto trail breakoff the main trail befroe you get to the rocky area. Its right around the bench that is out there. It'll be a pretty fast descent, smooth trail except a ton of water bars, goes down into a big wash and joins back up wtih the trail in the general sandy area 1 mile or so from the trailhead.

    I'm thinking if i were a trucker, I would totally have those mud flaps or maybe the ones with Yosemite Sam that say "back off".
    Okay, yes I remember seeing the sign for Tonto and where it links up to the main trail.
    I liked that rocky section, it kept it interesting. Grrrr, more waterbars!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelg
    C'mon Tiff, you always ride in stiletto heels, right?

    and tell me more about this bf of yours...

    Yosemite Sam rocks!
    Noel,

    Hehe, yep I've got the stiletto's ready!


    Tiff

  8. #8
    "Yabut"
    Reputation: MyBike'sBroken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    837
    I'll be there, riding duo with Slugobikes. Let's hope it's a tad bit drier than last year.

    The logo kicks ass!
    ~Aaron~
    "I like the night life. I like to boogie."
    ____________

    www.CosmicRaces.com

  9. #9
    Ridin bikes is fun
    Reputation: surfndav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    749
    Okay I must be a dork and didn't read the entire write up on the race, but where is Tonto trail? Is that before the rocky area out towards dixie mine?
    http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/player/7186644

    Tiffany, this is the GPS from one of my laps on Saturday. You would know about Tonto if you would have been there like you said you would. But I'll hook you up anyway. If you look at the map in satellite mode and zoom in, you can see where Pemberton continues on at the top of the page. The Tonto trail is about 50 yards past the bench. This route cuts off about 1.4 miles of the course and it is very fast. So you should easily beet 1:25 on this course.
    Better than most, not as good as some.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by surfndav
    http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/player/7186644

    Tiffany, this is the GPS from one of my laps on Saturday. You would know about Tonto if you would have been there like you said you would. But I'll hook you up anyway. If you look at the map in satellite mode and zoom in, you can see where Pemberton continues on at the top of the page. The Tonto trail is about 50 yards past the bench. This route cuts off about 1.4 miles of the course and it is very fast. So you should easily beet 1:25 on this course.

    Yeah I'm such a FLAKE, sorry about saturday. I obviously don't do early very well! Thanks for the map.

    I'm so tired of riding Pemberton right now, but I'm gonna go ride the correct route tomorrow just to time myself. DAMN I'm such a roadie huh! I know Will can kick @ss on the course and so it would be cool if I could pull a decent lap time.

    Tiff

  11. #11
    wowarizona.com
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    864
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdudecycling

    I'm thinking if i were a trucker, I would totally have those mud flaps or maybe the ones with Yosemite Sam that say "back off".
    LOL
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!

  12. #12
    swashbucklerette
    Reputation: Pirate Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    329
    I'll be there with a friend of mine (we're duo female). Love the logo!

  13. #13
    livin' the dream......
    Reputation: tjkm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,611
    You can haul a$$ down Tonto. On the fence about this event due to other pending family commitments..............we'll see.

  14. #14
    In the rear with the beer
    Reputation: bigdudecycling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,315
    A women's duo team should dress like the models in the logo, heels and all. they would be my favorite team ever!!
    Salvation Outdoor
    "Take it Outside...Again!!!"

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdudecycling
    A women's duo team should dress like the models in the logo, heels and all. they would be my favorite team ever!!
    I hope you're just kidding.... but in case you're not, I'll add a few things... .

    Why do women have to be put in stupid poses like that? Why do advertisers use the sex sells idea and people still buy into that crap and don’t see its degrading to women. And yes, I’ll say it, we are not objects.

    So I hope that the event promoters take the high road next year and if they want to use women in their ads that they don’t use ones in high heels and in some ridiculous pose on a bike. Instead gets some bad @ss chick actually riding her bike! I know, not as sexy huh?

    Feminist rant done……………..

    Tiff

  16. #16
    In the rear with the beer
    Reputation: bigdudecycling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffanyinanthem
    I hope you're just kidding.... but in case you're not, I'll add a few things... .

    Why do women have to be put in stupid poses like that? Why do advertisers use the sex sells idea and people still buy into that crap and don’t see its degrading to women. And yes, I’ll say it, we are not objects.

    So I hope that the event promoters take the high road next year and if they want to use women in their ads that they don’t use ones in high heels and in some ridiculous pose on a bike. Instead gets some bad @ss chick actually riding her bike! I know, not as sexy huh?

    Feminist rant done……………..

    Tiff
    Whoa, my bad.....

    besides, I can't imagine that you can attach cleats to heels anyway.....
    Salvation Outdoor
    "Take it Outside...Again!!!"

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelg
    Yosemite Sam rocks!
    Your taste in Looney Tunes characters sucks!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,440
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdudecycling
    I'm liking the Tonto trail as part of the loop. Who's going? (i'm totally digging the new logo).
    i think i am doing a duo at the race. tonto is part of it?? so how long is loop?

    mx

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tamen00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,025
    I am in for Solo Singlespeed... I am really hoping for a repeat of last year with rain and lightning and flash floods and just generally nasty conditions for the entire race... that would be swell.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    52
    Myself and three buddies will be out from Albuquerque (2 duo teams). This will be my first 12 hour race and only my second race in all. Should be a blast!

  21. #21
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,172
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffanyinanthem
    I hope you're just kidding.... but in case you're not, I'll add a few things... .

    Why do women have to be put in stupid poses like that? Why do advertisers use the sex sells idea and people still buy into that crap and don’t see its degrading to women. And yes, I’ll say it, we are not objects.

    So I hope that the event promoters take the high road next year and if they want to use women in their ads that they don’t use ones in high heels and in some ridiculous pose on a bike. Instead gets some bad @ss chick actually riding her bike! I know, not as sexy huh?

    Feminist rant done……………..

    Tiff
    I totally agree!!! I had not yet looked at this thread but came on this morning to say something like "just get the damn race done so that the sexist & ridiculous D-to-D banners will disappear. What jerk (not you Dirdir) decided to advertise with mudflap ho's? Does this represent mtn bike racing? Dawn to Dusk = angelgirl to shedevil? I don't see the logic, I don't see the appeal.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by tamen00
    I am in for Solo Singlespeed... I am really hoping for a repeat of last year with rain and lightning and flash floods and just generally nasty conditions for the entire race... that would be swell.
    Tom, I won't be there this year, but I'm sending my man Z-Rocks up there to throw down for me! Be gentle!

    +1 on sloppy conditions for y'all! Almost loosing the EZ-Up we were camped under the night before the race due to the high winds and sideways rain won't be forgotten any time soon! That race was friggen EPIC!!!
    You COULD do it on a geared bike, but I wouldn't reccomend it!

    Derailleurs are for failures!

  23. #23
    AZ Biker Chick
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    I totally agree!!! I had not yet looked at this thread but came on this morning to say something like "just get the damn race done so that the sexist & ridiculous D-to-D banners will disappear. What jerk (not you Dirdir) decided to advertise with mudflap ho's? Does this represent mtn bike racing? Dawn to Dusk = angelgirl to shedevil? I don't see the logic, I don't see the appeal.

    Im with you two! Seriously?
    Save it for the the truckers!
    Don't even want the Tshirt from this event!

    Dave - what's the deal?

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,440
    Quote Originally Posted by goldbergace
    Im with you two! Seriously?
    Save it for the the truckers!
    Don't even want the Tshirt from this event!

    Dave - what's the deal?
    can i have your t-shirt?

    mx

  25. #25
    pedaller
    Reputation: Noelg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,400
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Your taste in Looney Tunes characters sucks!!!!!!!!!!!
    OK stinky-tire...
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

  26. #26
    .......................
    Reputation: ionsmuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,044
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    I totally agree!!! I had not yet looked at this thread but came on this morning to say something like "just get the damn race done so that the sexist & ridiculous D-to-D banners will disappear. What jerk (not you Dirdir) decided to advertise with mudflap ho's? Does this represent mtn bike racing? Dawn to Dusk = angelgirl to shedevil? I don't see the logic, I don't see the appeal.

    I agree with everything but the last sentence. It's not a coincidence that there are so many frames with women's names (and the ensuing nausea-inducing sex metaphors).

  27. #27
    Saucy Size
    Reputation: Paul B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,482
    What? That logo offers something to everyone!

    * Girlie silhouettes are the height of blue-collar chic. If you drink and like PBR (and not for the ironic value), you can't go wrong with girlie silhouettes. Throw the horns for the girlies!

    * If you're an uptight moralist, it gives you something to point at as an indicator what's wrong with the country today

    * If you're an arrogant snoot, they let you know who you're better/richer/smarter than -- the dumbasses are throwing horns and drinking PBR, and the uptight moralists are busy condemning them and making the sign of the cross.

    Being firmly in the third category, I wholly endorse silhouette girls. I was pretty sure I was better/richer/smarter than the rest of y'all, but now I know for sure.



    p.
    ...was actually kind of meh to the design, and proudly wears a pair of mudflap-girl bike socks

  28. #28
    AZ Biker Chick
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    169

    It's All Good!

    Its all good - keep the mud flap chicks - just add in a buff mud flap dude (yummy!) and then we are good to go!

    Which one of you fellas wants to sport the mudflap dudes on your ride!!

    ha ha

  29. #29
    Steel is Real
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    93
    Does anyone know if pre-running the course is allowed on Friday afternoon? I plan on showing up somewhere in the neighborhood of 3:00pm, yet the rest of my team won't be there until late at night and/or early Saturday, so I figured that getting to know the course would be a good way to kill some time if it's allowed.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Notch Johnson
    Does anyone know if pre-running the course is allowed on Friday afternoon? I plan on showing up somewhere in the neighborhood of 3:00pm, yet the rest of my team won't be there until late at night and/or early Saturday, so I figured that getting to know the course would be a good way to kill some time if it's allowed.
    i think so. the 24hr event had people on the course the night before

    mx

  31. #31
    swashbucklerette
    Reputation: Pirate Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by mx_599
    can i have your t-shirt?

    mx
    I'll arm-wrestle you for it!

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Girl
    I'll arm-wrestle you for it!


    i thought you didn't want it?

    mx

  33. #33
    swashbucklerette
    Reputation: Pirate Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by mx_599


    i thought you didn't want it?

    mx
    No I definitely do! My last race shirt has a cartoon turkey wearing a sports bra and running skirt. Would be nice to have a race shirt without hideous artwork.

  34. #34
    My other ride is your mom
    Reputation: Maadjurguer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,945
    Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women....man!

  35. #35
    Dave
    Reputation: liteandfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    891

    Camping

    Anybody know anything about the camping? Where ? How much? I think we're stagging in the Pemb. parking area right? I need info on the camping Friday night????
    I need to ride more and work less.

  36. #36
    "Yabut"
    Reputation: MyBike'sBroken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    837
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Girl
    No I definitely do! My last race shirt has a cartoon turkey wearing a sports bra and running skirt. Would be nice to have a race shirt without hideous artwork.
    From what I hear, the women are getting tank tops.
    ~Aaron~
    "I like the night life. I like to boogie."
    ____________

    www.CosmicRaces.com

  37. #37
    A plethora of pinatas
    Reputation: mcoplea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,260
    Next year's logo...

    Marty

  38. #38
    wowarizona.com
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    864
    "I want a lawyer…like William ****sler…or Ron Kooobe"
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women....man!
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Girl
    No I definitely do! My last race shirt has a cartoon turkey wearing a sports bra and running skirt. Would be nice to have a race shirt without hideous artwork.
    i thought you were one of the feminists?

    mx

  40. #40
    AZ Biker Chick
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoplea
    Next year's logo...


    That is halarious!!!!!!!!

  41. #41
    Saucy Size
    Reputation: Paul B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,482
    Quote Originally Posted by mx_599
    i thought you were one of the feminists?

    mx
    Um...not so much.



    Proudly presented on her Facebook page last month. You go girl!

    p.

  42. #42
    In the rear with the beer
    Reputation: bigdudecycling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,315
    This thread just got real interesting!!
    Salvation Outdoor
    "Take it Outside...Again!!!"

  43. #43
    In the rear with the beer
    Reputation: bigdudecycling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Notch Johnson
    Does anyone know if pre-running the course is allowed on Friday afternoon? I plan on showing up somewhere in the neighborhood of 3:00pm, yet the rest of my team won't be there until late at night and/or early Saturday, so I figured that getting to know the course would be a good way to kill some time if it's allowed.

    I'm pretty sure it is fine. Probably people riding all afternoon...and into the night (i'm gonna try to sneak in a night lap for kicks)
    Salvation Outdoor
    "Take it Outside...Again!!!"

  44. #44
    In the rear with the beer
    Reputation: bigdudecycling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by liteandfast
    Anybody know anything about the camping? Where ? How much? I think we're stagging in the Pemb. parking area right? I need info on the camping Friday night????
    DCB website lays it out pretty well. I believe there is camping at the pemberton trailhead, exchange tent it actually further north the road where the trail crosses the road again. Solo's can actually set up near the exchange tent. He's got pictures up of the area showing what is where.
    Salvation Outdoor
    "Take it Outside...Again!!!"

  45. #45
    swashbucklerette
    Reputation: Pirate Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B

    Proudly presented on her Facebook page last month. You go girl!

    p.
    I keep telling people it's my new form of core workouts, but for some reason they don't believe me.

  46. #46
    swashbucklerette
    Reputation: Pirate Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBike'sBroken
    From what I hear, the women are getting tank tops.
    Sweet! DCB shirts are always cute for the women. Benjes tries to get girlie tops or tanks rather than blocky T-shirts. I have enough blocky T-shirts. And too many with bad graphics.

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    73
    How many laps did you all complete? What was your best lap time? My dad and I only completed 6 total with my best time around 1:02.

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,440
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdudecycling
    DCB website lays it out pretty well. I believe there is camping at the pemberton trailhead, exchange tent it actually further north the road where the trail crosses the road again. Solo's can actually set up near the exchange tent. He's got pictures up of the area showing what is where.
    this could not be further from the truth. they did an incredibly poor job with the whole venue parking and camping . it was a joke...the set-up

    mx

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,440
    Quote Originally Posted by G14it
    How many laps did you all complete? What was your best lap time? My dad and I only completed 6 total with my best time around 1:02.
    good job! our duo did 8. my best might have been 1 hour...or maybe about the same. i have to see their results. i couldn't get accurate readings on my garmin because i would always forget to hit the buttons by a couple of minutes or longer.

    also, how were they getting time? just recording by person with stop watches?

    mx

  50. #50
    my dog's Frisbee launcher
    Reputation: befoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by G14it
    How many laps did you all complete? What was your best lap time? My dad and I only completed 6 total with my best time around 1:02.
    Christi and I did five laps on the tandem......So,does that count as ten????

    Cheers Billy
    Darwin was an Optimist

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •