Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: darn rain

im4Gsus

darn rain

all dressed up, camelbak full, flat tire fixed and nowhere to go. the whole state is under water.

anyone else as happy as i am?
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    Yes

No new blood
    How fast will DC drain? It looks like it is clearing up in that area...

im4Gsus
    Quote Originally Posted by AZBob
    How fast will DC drain? It looks like it is clearing up in that area...
    it drains pretty well. i was thinking of going there now. i am slow but would like some company.
    Last edited by kaboose; 07-31-2010 at 06:57 AM.

No new blood
    I'm planning a coast-to-coast at a decent pace for the distance and my ability, which is better than average XC, but not close to a podium finisher. Ahh.... muggy, muddy miles

Need more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by AZBob
    I'm planning a coast-to-coast at a decent pace for the distance and my ability, which is better than average XC, but not close to a podium finisher. Ahh.... muggy, muddy miles
    Don't do it Kaboose.....he's being modest about his speed. I think he only stays back with me when he's trying to keep his heart rate down.

Not a Barry supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaboose
    all dressed up, camelbak full, flat tire fixed and nowhere to go. the whole state is under water.

anyone else as happy as i am?
    Wha'chu talkin' 'bout Willis? Rain is glorious! I love the clouds. However, the humidity I could do without.
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_FLMB
    Wha'chu talkin' 'bout Willis? Rain is glorious! I love the clouds. However, the humidity I could do without.
    Deal with it Sallie!
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

Meatbomb
    I rode this morning and the rain was not a problem. Like said before, the humidity sucked but it's better than 105 and bright sun at 8 am .

meow
    Just got back from a great ride on DC...trails were ridiculously tacky!

mtbr member
    Yeppers, DC was super-velcro dis morning. And railing down from the helipad was a hoot!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    SOMO was in great shape!!!

Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
    Rode Hawes this morning at 8:30am. Saw a couple of others out there enjoying the tacky dirt.
    Can you hear me now?

Ahhh the pain....
    Woke up at 3AM to head up to do BCT from the BB trail head. Heard the pouring rain then went back to sleep. Laid there for a while and thought, wait, this is AZ in the summer...the rain should be fairly localized...checked the radar and sure enough, no rain happening between Anthem and Cordes Junction. Headed up there and got in a great 27 mile ride. Went south from the trail head to the jeep road, turned around and rode back to the end of trail at hidden treasure... That additional elevation and cloud cover kept it REALLY nice. Only bad thing is the trail is getting overgrown in cat claw...I think I lost a quart of blood from my shins. Take the shin guards if you go....
    Your limits are both physical and mental. Suffering will help you find and overcome both.
    http://onegear-ray.blogspot.com/

im4Gsus
    all was not lost. i did a solo 17 mile ride in the muggy but "cool" desert. the trails were soggy in places - and i did ride thru the puddles - but nice overall. my poor clean bike is another story, but like tim said, i'll suckkit up!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails darn rain-001.jpg  

darn rain-01a.jpg  

darn rain-03.jpg  

darn rain-04.jpg  

Meatbomb
    I smell a puddle debate coming along

mtbr member
    At 5:30 this morning, up the first new trail to the west of Telegraph Pass, across National to drop Ranger, out to the end of Bajada, over the connector to pick up Gila. Started and ended by the Kingdom Hall, only two hikers on the way in and one jogger on the way out, had the place to myself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails darn rain-1.jpg  

darn rain-11.jpg  

mtbr member
    [IMG]t100#1 100_0254[/IMG]

Give it a crank
    Nice shots! I heard some rain at 3AM and scrapped plans for a 5AM ride and slept in. Then at 8AM my outdoor thermometer showed 84F. So I did a 3-hr 18-mile ride in the lower McDowells. Only saw one other rider and a few hikers. Then it poured pretty good after lunch. Now the thermometer shows 82F outside! I'm gonna check out PMP.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Super ride on Bug Spring/Prison Camp on Mt Lemmon today. Creek crossings, tacky soil, temps low to high 70's. Incredible day for July. Didn't even have to carry water for the dog, there was plenty.
    I LOVE THE RAIN!
    agmtb

"No Clue Crew"
    DC to Telegraph to National was fun today. Humidity kicked my butt but when we got up top, it was actually almost chilly when the wind picked up ! Tacky trails with a few puddles on National.

Ran into u2metoo on DC. Great to meet you Sam !

mtbr member
    For all who didnt get enough of the great weather this am. Come n join a few of us at somo parking (48th and Guad) tomorrow (sunday aug 1st). To head up javalina to mormon to national with optional turnaround or keep on going and brave the waterfall....not!

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Took the new Monocog 29er this morning for its first "big" mileage day. DC, Secret, Corona, DC back to ramadas then some East Loop action. Did 15 miles and stayed out till about 10. Beautiful! Originally planned to only go to the tank and back but I couldn't help myself because of the weather. It was amazing. Loving the Monocog. Can't wait to take it out again. It's already been three days in a row!
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-girl
    For all who didnt get enough of the great weather this am. Come n join a few of us at somo parking (48th and Guad) tomorrow (sunday aug 1st). To head up javalina to mormon to national with optional turnaround or keep on going and brave the waterfall....not!
    Since you are trying to threadjack Caboose's rain thread, then you HAVE to do the waterfall tomorrow.
    Don't worry Caboose, I will hold her to it !

"No Clue Crew"
    Rode from 7th street and Thunderbird to DD and back. Trail conditions were GREAT. Warmed up a little around 10am, but its JULY!!!!!!!! .............Drew

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast