mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Cygolite Trion 600

Anyone here in AZ using the Trion 600 from Cygo.

There is some but not alot of review data out there

I like the all in one design and guess that 600 lumens will be adequate when combined with a helmet light.

Anyone seen or using this?

mtbr member
    I have seen one and know someone that has one. It is close to 600 lumens, and the beam pattern is ok. The all in one design is nice, however the runtime is pretty short on high, and the cost is very high! You can get one of the nicer chinese lights (the Titans) for a 3rd the cost, with a longer runtime, and lighter weight. The batteries can mount on the stem in most cases.

For the money you save buy going that route over the Cygo, you could also purchase a helmet light, and have money for a weeks worth of gas...

mtbr member
    You may have better luck getting feedback in the lights forum. Dunno if you looked or posted there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010

yes i did

there is not so much info on this light and I like to get feedback from those in my riding area as I believe this has an effect on ones opinion of a product.

mtbr member
    True that. When I went ghetto tubeless, I wanted local input primarily due to the high heat., and it's effect on the goop.

mtbr member
    I can't comment on the 600, but I've been running a TridenX LED Li-Ion Xtra 600 for two years now and it's still going strong. Couple of decent get-offs and it's still good. I use it 3-4 times a week once the temps are above about 90 or so during the year, so I've got alot of hours on it. I'm very satisfied with it to where I'm keeping an eye on the Centauri 1000 for next summer...

Meatbomb
    magicshine ..... boom

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo
    magicshine ..... boom
    Literally.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Magicshines 900 is nice, but the beam isn't wide enough for a bar mount solution unless you know the trail well. Head mounted it's fantastic! It's fan-freakin-tastic on a road bike.

mtbr member
    Much like Godwins law for Nazi refrences, I will declare a new law named Law's law in respect to how soon Magicshine lights are mentioned.

mtbr member
    Much like Godwins law for Nazi refrences, I will declare a new law named Law's law in respect to how soon Magicshine lights are mentioned.