I, Mudd

Cyclist beaten with own bike, Tempe police say

Who knows what the "rest of the story" is but this is odd none the less:

A Tempe man suspected of striking another man with his own bicycle was arrested Monday evening.

Richard Gladle was arrested after a follow-up investigation of an assault that had occurred on Oct. 18 near Rural Road and Geneva Drive in Tempe, Tempe police said.

Gladle was driving a truck on Rural Road when he began to follow a man who was riding his bicycle, police said. Gladle attempted to strike the cyclist with the truck by making several u-turns around him, according to the police report. The cyclist tried to avoid Gladle by moving onto the sidewalk. Gladle then stopped his truck, picked up the bicycle and approached the cyclist, police said. Gladle used the bicycle to strike the cyclist on his head, police said.

The cyclist sustained minor injuries.

Gladle was arrested on suspicion of aggravated assault.

(taken from AZcentral.com Cyclist beaten with own bike, Tempe police say)

The best part is all of the anti-cyclist hate filled comments posted at the end of the story.

Saucy Size Moderator
    My bike beats the hell out of me all the time.

p.

Don't believe the Hype...
    Man I would love to see the the whole version of what happend there...
    Made with real bits of Panther, so you know it's good...

www.krackedskulls.com
    use promo code "lucky" for 5% off

pedaller

My personal favorites so far...

If I had a dollar for every time i wanted to ram my truck up the (inappropriate term) of a bicycist riding in the street, I would be rich. In awhatukee, they think they own the road. What a bunch of Pee Wee Hermans.
    Let's face facts....idiot bike riders are a hazard to themselves and people who are actually employed and can afford actual vehicles. If they would just ride their bikes on the weekends and not during rush hour, they would be doing everyone a huge favor.
    Nice.
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

Saucy Size Moderator
    I now have a strong urge to go beat someone with their own bike. Maybe Chad, right across the kneecaps so I can actually keep up with him. Or Jayem, although with a bike as heavy as his, it'd probably escalate to murder.

banned
    Ooboy, I love to make comments on AZCentral. There are a bunch of whackjobs that frequent that site. I just love to stir the pot.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    Or Jayem, although with a bike as heavy as his, it'd probably escalate to murder.
    It's like bringing a tank to a knife fight.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.