Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Craigslist virgin

2K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  m77ranger 
#1 ·
I've got a Dakota 20 I'm going to list on CL but am not sure what section to list it in to get the best results. Bike, Sporting Goods or maybe General?

Any advice from CL users?

#3 ·
I'd put an ad in bikes by owner with a picture or two. Then put another ad in sporting goods by owner with different verbage. Craigslist doesnt like you posting the same ad in different categories, and has filters to prevent it.
General gets filled up way to fast with un-liscenced contractors and people looking to buy/sell Iphones.
Once you ad has been up for 48 hours, you can go into the email they send you and 'refresh' the ad so it bumps up to the top.
Another tip is to spell out some of the digits of your phone # in letters to keep away spam text/phone calls from web crawlers.

#11 ·
Ignore any email you receive that only asks if you still have the item. It is just scrubbing email addresses.

Also do not reply to any email that doesn't have verbage identifying what you're selling. They are also scrubbing email addresses this way. E.g. - "Hey is this still for sale? Im interested in buying it asap"

#15 ·
I've bought and sold a ton of sh!t on craigslist. My advise- Only deal with people in person; no buyers agents or shipping or any of that BS. Meet in a public place, not at your house. Be leery of cashiers checks and money orders as they can be cancelled, reported stolen, etc.

#16 ·
Always tell them you have five other people "on their way" so if they don't offer asking it's no skin off your back. Then turn back and water your garden until they open their car door before re opening price negotiations "just because they are already here" ;)

#29 ·
If you have a paypal account I'd throw an ad on Pinkbike, and here on MTBR. Pink bike is free, and MTBR charges $2. You'll get to post a paid spam ad in a forum of your choice (endurance or GPS maybe) to compliment your kinda ad here in the AZ forum.:thumbsup:
Shipping on that thing shoudn't be more than $5.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.