mtbr member

Considering Move to Phoenix, Housing Help

Hi, ya'll. Considering a move to Phoenix. Any good leads for executive housing near Central & Thomas? Would like to live within 2 miles of work so I can commute on the bike Thanks! Doug

AKA shitbird
    You're talking Willow district which is gonna be big $$ for a small home. BUT, if you can afford it, I think it's one of the best neighborhoods in town. Awesome central location and on of the few neighborhoods with authentic "non-stucco" charm. There's a website that deals with downtown residential sales and you can get a pretty good feel for what's going on, I'll find it and let you know. Or if you are looking for condo/townhome/loft living there are some pretty cool places here: www.weknowurban.com. How long until you are moving? I ask because there are lots of new D'town very upscale loft/condo projects in the works that I have done a little work for (urban planner) and can get you whatever info you might need.
    JRA

igoslo
    I live in a condo near 7th and Indian School, exactly two miles from Central and Thomas. We're on the fourth floor with a view of the city and a two car garage, plus one carport spot. It's a rental that will very likely be vacant by the end of June. I know there are some units for sale here too if that's something your interested in.

mtbr member
    Great info, so far! Thanks for the leads. Because my stay will be temporary, I'm looking to rent. Budget is $2,500mo. Location is most important. Don't know exactly when I'll be moving. Could be several months or next week! Just doin' some homework....Thanks again! Doug