Eleven - it's one louder

Competitive Track Wed morn 8/18

Looks like I'll be hitting the Comp Track at 7a tomorrow if anyone wants to join me. At least one lap of the 'Outer' Loop, hopefully also one or two of the individual loops (Sport, Tech, Long). Not too fast but I ride as hard as I can and hope to do some age group racing before long. I'll probably be the only one out there, but driving a black Tacoma and riding a vintage yellow Fat Chance. I will post later to confirm I'm definitely going.
    Today's solid oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground. -Anonymous

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Is Fountain Hills getting soaked? I have ridden the Comp Track after a good soak and its not that much fun. The trail gets soft and sticky and its double the effort to just get along. You near enough to know how bad its getting hit?

Eleven - it's one louder
    No, I live 30 minutes away in Scottsdale. I did ride the Outer Loop a few weeks back the morning after a good rain and it was fine. No puddles or mud. I don't know how hard it rained that night compared to this night, though. I've been on the Pemberton Trail after even a light rain and parts of that get real muddy. Gonna take my chances. If the going is slow I will just have to pedal harder!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I'm planning on going to the pump track and I'll be pissed if there are puddles out there again :P

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Anyone know if it dried out there?

Eleven - it's one louder
    The trail was sweet. The air, not so much after the sun broke thru. I didn't get there till 7:30a and close to 8a by the time I was pedaling. Had cloud cover for much of first hour and it was perfect. No puddles or mud.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I got there around 6:30, it was sweet. Right around the time we were leaving the ground was showing some dry spots. Awesome consistency for the pump track.