mtbr member
    May 2011

Coming to Scottsdale July 18-29th want to ride the 24th

Good Afternoon!

I will be in training for two weeks and will be alloted one day of break and that is Sunday the 29th. I would like to go riding somwhere near by and enjoy the Legendary Arizona trails. I will not be brining my bike so I will need to rent one. Is there anyone that would allow me to tag along on that Sunday to ride? I am from the north Texas area and I am used to the heat. I will be at Universal Technical Institute and staying next door at the Hotel. Anyone riding that day near there that I could tag along with?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Anyone riding that day and near there???? I know... I Know... Damn tourists!!!! "I know nothing about this schmuck. Why should I invite him along to ride with me/us?" Guys Im no young punk kid schmuck or whatever you may think. Im 31 Ive been beaten by the trails before and Im not going to complain about the heat. I have one day to take a break from training and would really love to go with someone that knows them. Maybe the Charles M. Christiansen Memorial Trail or even the Trail 100 that my All Trails app says. I would like to have a curtious local allow me the pleasure to ride along. If there is a local club that may assist me a little easier please share.

Thank you,
    Last edited by Mjr Minor; 07-05-2011 at 07:44 AM.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    the best way to do it is to offer $100 cash for a bike loan with guided ride... I did that and the ride ended up being the deciding factor on where I bought my house.

is Universal Technical Institute aware that they share the same abbreviation as a urinary tract infection?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    LMAO!!!! Now that's funny! That's true but with renting a bike from a store lessens the worry I have about wrecking and trashing someone else's ride, thats what rental insurance is for, lol. I have contacted my corporate and they said they are going to put the word out and if we can put a group ride together amongst UTI employees and trainees. I know I definitely don't want to miss out. I'll be back a few times a year. Is there any local club forums that I can post up as well on their forums?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjr Minor View Post
    LMAO!!!! Now that's funny! That's true but with renting a bike from a store lessens the worry I have about wrecking and trashing someone else's ride, thats what rental insurance is for, lol. I have contacted my corporate and they said they are going to put the word out and if we can put a group ride together amongst UTI employees and trainees. I know I definitely don't want to miss out. I'll be back a few times a year. Is there any local club forums that I can post up as well on their forums?
    Check out Cactus Bikes. They rent bikes and South Mt is a few blocks away. 480-940-7433.

Meatbomb
    Are you sure of the location you will be staying at ? I did not know there was a UTI in Scottsdale.

mtbr member
    Anyone riding that day and near there???? I know... I Know... Damn tourists!!!! "I know nothing about this schmuck. Why should I invite him along to ride with me/us?" Guys Im no you punk kid schmuck or whatever you may think. Im 31 Ive been beaten by the trails before and Im not going to complain about the heat. I have one day to take a break from training and would really love to go with someone that knows them. Maybe the Charles M. Christiansen Memorial Trail or even the Trail 100 that my All Trails app says. I would like to have a curtious local allow me the pleasure to ride along. If there is a local club that may assist me a little easier please share.

Thank you,
    What day of the week is that?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Meatbomb
    Sunday the 29th

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Sunday the 24th. I'll be leaving the 29th. Yeah UTI is on 16220 n. Scottsdale rd. Know where that is?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Getting down to the wire here on trying to get something planned. I know it is about a week and half out. Anyone know if they are going? I may rent a full susupension from Cactus and go to the Mcdowell mt. to ride since it is closer to my area of Scottsdale Ill be in.

Any local club Forums that are in Scottsdale I can post to?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Flat Tire Bike Shop in Cave Creek does a group ride every Sunday morning...

I don't think they still rent bikes, but you can rent one elsewhere and ride with them/us. That's about 15 miles from where you are...

Meatbomb
    I stand corrected .. I did not know UTI had a campus in Kierland.

mtbr member
    Getting down to the wire here on trying to get something planned. I know it is about a week and half out. Anyone know if they are going? I may rent a full susupension from Cactus and go to the Mcdowell mt. to ride since it is closer to my area of Scottsdale Ill be in.

Any local club Forums that are in Scottsdale I can post to?
    Do yourself a favor and if you're planning on renting from Cactus, dont' bother driving back to Scottsdale. You'll be right near the second best riding in the city: South Mountain.

I can gurantee without a doubt that there will be folks riding S. Mountain the 24th!!!!!
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
    Good Afternoon!

I will be in training for two weeks and will be alloted one day of break and that is Sunday the 29th. I would like to go riding somwhere near by and enjoy the Legendary Arizona trails. I will not be brining my bike so I will need to rent one. Is there anyone that would allow me to tag along on that Sunday to ride? I am from the north Texas area and I am used to the heat. I will be at Universal Technical Institute and staying next door at the Hotel. Anyone riding that day near there that I could tag along with?
    I work Sunday but if you have lights I can take you on the Phoenix preserves late Sunday night. I usually start about 11pm and finish aobut 2am.
    "Not drinking is the Single Speed World Championships version of doping" -Jacquie Phelan

mtbr member
    May 2011
    No light but that would be way too late for me. I appreciate the offer!!!

I'll probably do that... Rent from cactus and ride south mt.

Thank yall

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    What type of riding are you looking for? If XC I would recommend Desert Classic. If you are more AM or downhill check out the Mormon National Loop. If you search around in the AZ forum there is a good map floating around. Sorry nobody has stepped up and offered to host you, but I guarantee there will be no shortage of riders on South Mountain that morning. Just head out there and you will find a group to tag along with.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Yeah I think I'm more the XC rider. I like all types. Where I'll be us north Scottsdale near the airport. I think the South Mountain is going to be the easiest if I rent a bike from cactus then it'll be closer to McDowell for sure. I'm going to have to figure out transportation to south mountain cycles to rent a bike and then ride. I won't have a car dammit

meow
    If you're in Kierland, a couple of places nearby to rent are: Landis Cycles @ Shea & Scottsdale (SE corner) and AOA in Scottsdale has high end bikes AND they deliver to hotels: http://www.aoa-adventures.com/bikes/mountain_bikes.html. AOA is close to the McDowell Sonoran Preserve trails near Bell and Thompson Peak. Also you can access the Quartz, Taliesin, Paradise, and Lost Dog trails on the south side of the preserve. Linky:
    http://www.scottsdaleaz.gov/Assets/P...+Trail+Map.pdf