Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    sandbagger

Colby's Craigslist thread check for stolen parts and help me update his ads

Im going to be searching colbys ads and posting the links in here for everyone to scan as he has been involved in parting out many stolen bikes.

If you find a link of his post it here, and of course he doesnt post his phone or real email so its tricky.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/bik/1888695461.html
    http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/bik/1885647227.html
    http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/bik/1883716004.html
    http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/bik/1880002770.html
    http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/bik/1883752338.html
    http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/bik/1880030095.html

he should have no problem with us looking through his cough cough legitimate ads since he claims to not know things are stolen but willfully takes them no questions asked here comes this thread !
    V10.5 with Dorado pro and Vivid Air
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com
    www.facebook.com/twosixbikes

Shift less, Pedal more.
    Agreed!
    I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I'm not......Dolemite.

AKA shitbird
    DAMN that dude has a ****-ton of stuff for sale!
    JRA

sandbagger
    Quote Originally Posted by eabos
    DAMN that dude has a ****-ton of stuff for sale!
    Yeah wonder if IRS should be getting a piece of so many sales. Does this bum have a real job as a cover or live off parts
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com

sandbagger
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com

dirt visionary
    only 2??? you missed about 7 others

you'll be posting 5-10 adds a day in here as he makes that many daily . Some days he'll list every part seperate.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Yep. And the locations always change (Biltmore to So. Phx. to whatever it is now). Don't know the guy, but seems shady.

dirt visionary
    Yup haven't seen the biltmore one in sometime but your right it changes alot.

mtbr member
    He moved from the Biltmore, a couple months ago. Back then (four months), I called him looking for some pedals, and went over there, but they didn't match and were worn down. A couple months after that, I contacted him again and he directed me to his new place at 32nd St, North of Roeser. I bought a cheap stem and seatpost. Then I started to have a suspicion that all that stuff I had seen on the previous two visits, was/is hot. I'm glad for Airmiller taking the lead on this. Good for you bro. the fastest way to thwart it is to somehow prove they're hot parts and spread the word on Craigslist.
    Bullsh*t is the glue that binds our nation.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Swamp ThAAng
    He moved from the Biltmore, a couple months ago. Back then (four months), I called him looking for some pedals, and went over there, but they didn't match and were worn down. A couple months after that, I contacted him again and he directed me to his new place at 32nd St, North of Roeser. I bought a cheap stem and seatpost. Then I started to have a suspicion that all that stuff I had seen on the previous two visits, was/is hot. I'm glad for Airmiller taking the lead on this. Good for you bro. the fastest way to thwart it is to somehow prove they're hot parts and spread the word on Craigslist.
    I've hit him up and the parts are usually garbage. Condition so bad that I wouldn't even donate it out of concern for safety.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    the stolen stuff he had of mine was in good shape, except the fork.

Meatbomb
    anyone working with the police on this ? Sting him .

dirt visionary
    I emailed just 2 days ago on a clamp ,shim and tire. he won't return my email. Which leads me to think he is on here lurking . Since my email and user id are close.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    i did work with the police and they cant do anything. well they got me half my stuff back from him.

Fragile - must be Italian
    Has anybody posted on CL that this guy's stuff is stolen? That approach is effective, especially if done over and over. I've seen posts on CL about other vendors I've thought about buying from, and the negative post kept me away. I think the same would happen here.

Thx...Doug

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    I didn't know anything was actually stolen until I read this thread. I usually just flag him because he's a spammer.

sandbagger
    Quote Originally Posted by dgangi
    Has anybody posted on CL that this guy's stuff is stolen? That approach is effective, especially if done over and over. I've seen posts on CL about other vendors I've thought about buying from, and the negative post kept me away. I think the same would happen here.

Thx...Doug
    I haven't. I use my phone to post and surf on here too lazy lol
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com

dirt visionary
    Well 10 more adds today.......

better yet here is a list

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/search...ale&srchType=A

sandbagger
    U
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork
    Well 10 more adds today.......

better yet here is a list

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/search...ale&srchType=A
    Wow. He is a joke he must not earn honest living Just sells parts
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com

mtbr member
    That earlier ad he posted had over 200+ lines (in Excel) of parts... at avg $40- 50 an item. That's a pretty large inventory......

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    I don't think he actually sells much. If you pay attention, he's been trying to move the same frames for months and months.

mtbr member
    This sounds kinda witch hunt-ish to me... maybe he's a communist too!

The guys sells bike parts out of his garage, he's been doing it for years. I've bought stuff from him and sold stuff to him before on multiple occasions... he seems like an alright guy to me. He has always been pretty honest and upfront about stuff and willing to negotiate. Way better than some of the characters I've met on craigslist. He's just out there bartering on bike parts, not really a crime, that's what c-list is for. I seriously doubt he's the one stealing anything, or that he knows if any of his stuff is stolen. Sure the guy puts up a lot of ads on there, but that doesn't really seem like a reason to blackball him. IMO it's kind of petty and self-righteous to criticize how someone makes a living, unless it's immoral or illegal. Especially in this day and age.

I say Colby's not a bad guy, and a good source to find that part you need on short notice if you're strapped for cash. I think he's getting a bad rap unjustly here.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by flOw dOwn
    This sounds kinda witch hunt-ish to me... maybe he's a communist too!

The guys sells bike parts out of his garage, he's been doing it for years. I've bought stuff from him and sold stuff to him before on multiple occasions... he seems like an alright guy to me. He has always been pretty honest and upfront about stuff and willing to negotiate. Way better than some of the characters I've met on craigslist. He's just out there bartering on bike parts, not really a crime, that's what c-list is for. I seriously doubt he's the one stealing anything, or that he knows if any of his stuff is stolen. Sure the guy puts up a lot of ads on there, but that doesn't really seem like a reason to blackball him. IMO it's kind of petty and self-righteous to criticize how someone makes a living, unless it's immoral or illegal. Especially in this day and age.

I say Colby's not a bad guy, and a good source to find that part you need on short notice if you're strapped for cash. I think he's getting a bad rap unjustly here.
    Watch out... this board has changed. Common sense does not apply. Critical thinking is not rewarded. Note new avatar. Hope you are having fun in CO. We all hate you... in a friendly way.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Look at it however you like. If you read the thread you'll see that at least one poster appears to have firsthand knowledge of this person selling stolen parts. Beyond that, the dude posts the same crap on there every single day multiple times, which is outside the terms of service. That makes it harder for everyday bikers -- like you and me -- to sell their stuff when the site is clogged with spam.

That's my take. Feel free to disagree.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant
    Look at it however you like. If you read the thread you'll see that at least one poster appears to have firsthand knowledge of this person selling stolen parts. Beyond that, the dude posts the same crap on there every single day multiple times, which is outside the terms of service. That makes it harder for everyday bikers -- like you and me -- to sell their stuff when the site is clogged with spam.

That's my take. Feel free to disagree.
    Search feature works great on CL. Type in Marzocchi, look for the most recent, or cheapest, or most expensive, and everything pops up in that order.

Lets talk about the pawn shops that are selling bikes for crazy prices on CL.

Better yet, the Schwinn 8in bike for 5k!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast