suvlako

Chutes and Ladders et al

Wondering if the Cactus Boys can talk about the progress with Chutes and Ladders and Collar Bone. Any idea as to ETA of their "arrival"? Thanks for all your hard work up there. It's been a blast!

suvlako

bump

bump

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Hey dude, after this weekend there will be a new trail that replaces Collar Bone. Big berms, wider track, all the good stuff. It has been there since before fathers day but we have not completed the finishing touches due to some major changes in the Cactus Bike schedule for staffing in the Pinetop store as well as being busy with the race and Sunrise being closed this 4th of July weekend. Dont worry guys, progress has not stopped it was just put on the back burner for the Fathers Day race and some other situations that were out of our control. I will be up there this whole weekend Sat and Sun doing work all day both days. Please, if anyone is able to help meet me at the bottom of the hill at 8am on either day to pitch in with the progress. And btw, we do not do any of this as "Cactus Bike". We love Cactus dont get me wrong, but this is ALL myself and Steve-O as Smoken Spokes that are building trails and hosting these races. PS - there is another race in the works for this summer at Sunrise so stay tuned.

....just cruisin through
    Hey-

I totally dig the effort that you guys are putting into the AZ DH scene. I am totally down for helping out with some trail work.

I will be heading up tomorrow for a long weekend at a cabin in Greer. I had planned on riding Sunrise Thursday and Saturday, but I neglected to look at the Sunrise website until today to find out that the lifts are only open Saturday/Sunday. I am now planning on riding Sunrise on Saturday, and I am free Thursday and Friday. Will anyone be doing work on Thursday or Friday on Sunrise or Candy. I am more than willing to come out and help, but unfortunately, I REALLY want to ride Sunrise on Saturday as this may be my only chance to ride DH this trip.

Shoot me a PM and let me know if there is work to be done Thurs or Fri. I am bringing up a chainsaw, and can also bring a plethora of tools if anything is needed/any work is going on.

AZ
    banned
    I'm also up for giving a helping hand , friday or saturday . Shoot me a pm , I live in the area .

banned
    Is sunrise renting bikes this year?

Downhill Messiah
    Cactus rents some sick kona stabs.
    Madspeed always prevails!

suvlako

this weekend the 11th and 12th

So this weekend the 11th and 12th of July the aformentioned trails will be closed? I feel like a kid on Xmas eve who wants to open a present, but the folks won't let me.

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by suvlako
    So this weekend the 11th and 12th of July the aformentioned trails will be closed? I feel like a kid on Xmas eve who wants to open a present, but the folks won't let me.
    Chances are Chutes and Ladders will be closed all summer, its a mess and there is other work being done elsewhere on the mountain.

The upper section of Chutes and Ladders aka "Slippery Rock", the one with the big log ride and rock rollers is open, just not the lower section with the two ladder bridges, since the bridges kinda rotted out and collapsed

Members who have read this thread: 0