Just another half mile...

Casa Grande Trail System Grand Opening - November 19

Casa Grande Trail System Grand Opening - November 19
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Casa Grande Trail System Grand Opening - November 19-casa-grande-grandopeningyer%5B1%5D.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Cool!! I haven't made my way to those trails in a while....its time.

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    I was checking out these trails from the I-10 as I was on my way to Tucson yesterday, and was thinking I need to get out there and check them out. I saw a nice high line running the length of the mountain. Too bad AES Kentucky Camp is the same day, or I'd stop by for a spin. I'll be sure to get there this season either way.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

Epic Builder
    Jun 2007
    In in Phoenix this week for business and was considering riding it Sat morning before heading back to San Diego...presuming the wx holds.

Meatbomb
    I'd think it would be a cluster F to ride that day .... way too many hikers and horses ... ride it after the grand opening happens.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I rode around there today for the first time. The reviews read said there is a "nice 5 mile loop". I rode for a good 8-9 miles and I was barely around the back side of the mountain--I missed the turn off for the loop completely. I started around the bottom, then went up to the higher trail which is about midway up the mountain. Seems like there is a low trail and a higher trail.

That said, I got to the southern most end of the mountain and the trail kinda winds back in the same direction. ie. It doesn't wrap all the way around the mountain, or at least that I could find. It was getting dark fast, so I jumped on a Jeep road for a bit, got lost for a while, then went way the F out of the way to get back to the car. Worth it, as it was a nice night with a full moon.

Anyways, awesome trails in my opinion. No traffic, freshly cut trails--unlike Desert Classic which is polished and hard packed from all the traffic. Slow rolling up & down the ridges. Starts easy, gets more technical, narrow and difficult as you go. The southern most edge of the mountain is the "tough" part as it gets pretty rocky. Not all that difficult though.

Cholla cacti everywhere on the trails. No idea where the bridge was that everyone talks about, but I missed about 50% of the trails too. You could spend a lot of time back there. Cool place to ride. Seems like there is a lot to explore, so I'll be back.

connect.garmin.com/activity/127668542
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Casa Grande Trail System Grand Opening - November 19-cgmountain.jpg  

mtb enthusiast
    Awesome. Can't wait to ride these.