banned

Casa Grande Thanksgiving

Good morning everyone,

I am going down to CG on Thurs to eat at my Mom's. I wanted to head out early and give CG mountain a spin. Any local CGer's game for a pre turkey day AM ride?

I have never been to the trailhead yet. How much punishment can I expect to recieve riding a rigid SS?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cesslinger
    Good morning everyone,

I am going down to CG on Thurs to eat at my Mom's. I wanted to head out early and give CG mountain a spin. Any local CGer's game for a pre turkey day AM ride?

I have never been to the trailhead yet. How much punishment can I expect to recieve riding a rigid SS?

I took my wife there last week and it was her first time ever mtn biking there are some rocks but the trail is in pretty good shape.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cesslinger
    Good morning everyone,

You'll be fine on a rigid, just pick your line.
    When you get to the end of Peart road there's a parking(party) area. Ride back toward the highway and take the dirt road east(right). About 1/4 mile on the right you will see a old barbed wire fence then a pull in. Go toward the mountain about 100 feet and new singletrack will be on your right. Go left in the pull in and you will see the old trail leading to switchbacks.
    There will be some locals there but time depends on temp and weather.
    You can't get lost, you can see the highway from most of the trails.
    Enjoy!

Ridin' Dirty
    yo Charlie,
    I rode that new part of the trail that you started working on last spring for the first time this past weekend.
    The one that heads back to the lot with the switchbacks that go back down to the start.
    A perfect way to end the ride.
    Great job!

B
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Bgrafk
    yo Charlie,
    I rode that new part of the trail that you started working on last spring for the first time this past weekend.
    The one that heads back to the lot with the switchbacks that go back down to the start.
    A perfect way to end the ride.
    Great job!

B
    Wow, great to hear there is even more on CG mountain now. I haven't been there in over a year and need to get back there. I really love the trails there. They have a great swoopy XC feel with. Maybe the PHX people should have another CG winter ride as we've done in the past.

Ridin' Dirty
    There's not tons more trail but a lot of fun none the less.
    I here ya, I always have a great time when I'm out there, which isn't too often.
    It's nice and rustic.
    Worth the drive, IMO.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

banned
    Hey, thanks for the heads up. I should be able to find my way around once I find the trail head. I "have" to eat at 2pm, so I think I am going to try to be on my bike by 8:30 or 9:00 depending on when I leave 'Tukee.

MMMM mountain bike riding and then Thanksgiving dinner. Best year ever (maybe, I had a Turducken a few years ago that was to die for.)

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

MTBikeAZ.com Trail MAP

If you go to this web site and look under Phoenix Trails the link to Casa Grande Mountain has a very good trail map of the area.
    I've only been there once and didn't think it very singlespeed friendly, very rocky, but I don't ride a singlespeed. It may have changed a lot since I was there 3 years ago. The map shows more trail than I found.
    Be ready for jumping cholla, bring a cactus comb.
    Please write a report after riding, I intend to hit it soon.
    agmtb