Fragile - must be Italian

Carb-Boom energy gel - support your local AZ company

Did you know that Carb Boom is a local AZ company based in Tucson? I've always like their gels, especially the Strawberry Kiwi and Vanilla Orange flavors. I also like the fact that they sell their gels in the big bottles, which are much less wasteful than the little packets. And ever since I found out they are based in Tucson, I've been buying their products as much as possible.

Anyway, I just thought you might like to know that a local company makes cycling nutrition. I always like to support our AZ economy whenever possible.

Are there any other local AZ companies that make sports nutrition??

Thx...Doug

Not a Barry supporter.
    Good to know. I've trained myself not to use/need the gel's that often so that when I do use them, they really kick in.

I usually go Hammer b/c of the large bottles but now that I know they make them in large bottles too, I'll go for them. They sure taste a hell of a lot better than Hammer.
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

Fragile - must be Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_FLMB
    I usually go Hammer b/c of the large bottles but now that I know they make them in large bottles too, I'll go for them. They sure taste a hell of a lot better than Hammer.
    For the past 2 yrs I bought the big Carb Boom bottles at the Runner's Den on 16th St or Performance Bike in Scottsdale, but now that I know I can get them cheaper on the Carb Boom website and have them delivered to my door...that's what I do.

I went to order 2 bottles of Vanilla Orange, and apparently you can now get all of the flavors in the big bottles. Until recently, the only 2 flavors you could get in bottles were Vanilla Orange (good) and Apple Cinnamon (icky sweet). I was getting a little tired of the orange, so now I ordered Strawberry Kiwi (yummy). I haven't tried any other flavors yet...

Has anybody tried their sports drinks?

Thx...Doug

I think I need to Upgrade
    We stock some of their flavors at my shop in the big bottles, so if you don't want to order them come and see me, I am at Landis at Southern and the 101. We also I thik have some of their recovery gel that you mix in water if you want to try that also.

I have tried and used their sports drink, and I prefer it over all the other drinks out there, Accelerade comes in a clost second though.

banned
    I always wondered why they sponsored the Tucson Tri series and gave away boxes of the stuff for the raffle.

Honey works just as well as most gels and cost a lot less too. Back in the day, marathon runners would use KFC honey packets during races. There were no glam-gel brands back then. Honey always tastes good and doesn't have an expiration date.

Meatpuppet
    all Hammer, all the time.

I do like the idea of supporting a local company though
    My Third Eye Has A Cataract

mtbr member
    No kidding! I've always preferred CarBoom over anything else... especially the Kiwi Strawberry. Good to know I'm supporting the local economy, as well.
    Sonoran Desert Mountain Bicyclists - www.sdmb.org
    Board member Web Guru

------
    www.tucsonmtb.com

mtbr member
    Athlete Octane is a Tucson company also.

mtbr member
    i love thos things, they're delicious!! didn't know they made em in big bottles, 83 cents a serving isnt bad. I'll deffinetley be ordering some shortly. Anyone tried the double espresso? i usually go for the strawberry kiwi.

Lets have some Kool-aid!
    I usually eat Hammer, but am willing to try a local company

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    Hey, we get Carb-boom out in Hong Kong. I've gotta say though, that I find all the available flavours pretty hard to stomach
    Since when did the phrase "invest in" come to mean the same as "buy"?