Addicted to 2 wheels

Canal Crushing and Creative Lines - Tonight (Wednesday) 6:00 to 7:50 @ Dobson/Elliot

I am going to pump up the tires to 60 PSI, lock out the suspension and ride some canals, golf course and anything else that I run into that looks fun. Likely go West for this ride. Anyone interested?

I will probably average around 15 MPH, with basically no elevation change, and make very few stops. You are welcome to come if you want. Not a big deal if your pace is slower, great if it is faster.

I will be staging out of Summit Academy, major cross streets, Dobson and Elliot. 1560 West Summit Place, Chandler, AZ 85224. Ready to Pedal at 6:00, and need to be back by 7:55 at the latest.

You can get by without lights, but lights would help.

I will likely be doing this ride every Wednesday for a bit. Mt daughter has swim practice, so I drop her off and ride. Location might change to 202 and Kyrene at some point, so I may stage from there, or make the trip to SoMo.

Addicted to 2 wheels
    I am shocked no one wants to ride canals.

CDK
    mtbr member
    If you've got an hour and a half you could smash down the western canal to Guadalupe and go west to 48th st and do a quick ride on south mountain.
    i may go for a ride next time i just honestly can't get the motivation to ride the western canal right now.

CDK
    mtbr member
    If you've got an hour and a half you could smash down the western canal to Guadalupe and go west to 48th st and do a quick ride on south mountain.
    i may go for a ride next time i just honestly can't get the motivation to ride the western canal right now.

Meatbomb

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008

Addicted to 2 wheels
    I rode some more canals, followed some train tracks, got a little lost, crashed on a gc cart path in the sprinkler, ... All in all, it was a good time. The staying off the roads and exploring has been fun. I feel I will tire of it though as the novely wears off.

Next week I will follow your advice and ride to SoMo. I think I can get to Pima by 6:30. Anyone want to meet up there, or en route? I will have to be off trail by 7:25ish, depending on how long it takes to make the commute. I can't be late to pick up the kids. Heck, maybe i will just drive there and show by 6:15?

Tech issue, or just messing around with the same message?

How much further ???
    I rode some more canals, followed some train tracks, got a little lost, crashed on a gc cart path in the sprinkler, ... All in all, it was a good time. The staying off the roads and exploring has been fun. I feel I will tire of it though as the novely wears off.

Next week I will follow your advice and ride to SoMo. I think I can get to Pima by 6:30. Anyone want to meet up there, or en route? I will have to be off trail by 7:25ish, depending on how long it takes to make the commute. I can't be late to pick up the kids. Heck, maybe i will just drive there and show by 6:15?

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

Go Speed Racer

mtbr member

Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Addicted to 2 wheels
    Wow, must be a tech issue. I will notify the moderator.

This also must be the most commented on Canal thread in the history of this site.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarHigh View Post
    Wow, must be a tech issue. I will notify the moderator.

This also must be the most commented on Canal thread in the history of this site.
    you should get a CX bike, opens up a lot of new options. Exploring on an XC or AM bike is a ton of fun if you are willing to find new trials, but canals for that are kinda ho-hum imo. Golf courses are where its at!

Addicted to 2 wheels
    I thought about a CX bike or maybe a road bike. My XC bike has been more fun than I thought it would be on canals. High PSI and lock out really helps. I also followed past the canals, picking up rail road tracks, ease ways between neighborhoods, parks and more. I imagine a cycle cross could have handled it all.

They were watering the golf course last night. I got through the first nine OK, but lost it on a wet off camber slick turn. Only a couple scrapes.

mtbr member
    my favorite extreme sport is riding the canals through sunny-slop at 1am with my $2500 full carbon road bike...
    fat old man ... fueled by Mexican pastries....

How much further ???
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbaz44 View Post
    my favorite extreme sport is riding the canals through sunny-slop at 1am with my $2500 full carbon road bike...being chased by angry old men with baseball bats
    fify
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain