mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Camping/riding recommendations??

Coming down to Sedona from Colorado March 14th-19th or so. Anyone have a recommended place to set up a tent with easy riding access to trails and town. Just looking to get a little riding in before the season starts. Any local help is appreciated. We can offer advice and tour help if you ever come up to Gunnison/CB area. Thanks!
    jesus rides a fixed gear.

mtbr member
    Top of Shnebly hill was the best place I could find... ride the road down about 1/3 mile and look for trail heads. Mainly downhill type riding but completely do-able for an average rider. It intertwines with the main road, so you will notice that if you keep riding down you will need to cross it a few tims to stay on the trail. Easy to follow though.... look for trail signs. The complete trail will end practiacally in the middle of the town. Depending of the type of riding you want to do (if you want some uphill climbing), you can follow it all the way down to the bridge.

mtbr member
    You will need to have a shuttle at the bottom though, I have seen cars go up it but I suggest a truck.

Tucson, AZ
    Beaver Flats south of town is better than Schnebly Hill IMHO. That is what I always use. You need to get out of the Sedona City Limits to be able to camp w/o a permit.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I guess I should have specified what type of riding. Looking to to more cross country oriented stuff, but still like technical. We plan on riding a lot... 5-8 hours a day while we are there....
    jesus rides a fixed gear.

Members who have read this thread: 0