SPECIALizED
    Dec 2010

Camping in Flagstaff 7/10-7/13

We are going to be in Flagstaff the second week of July and are looking for places to camp somewhat near the trails. I think we have our trail selection narrowed down so we're looking for suggestions on where to stay and of course can't miss trail suggestions are welcome as well.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    There is dispersed camping on Shultz Pass Road. Right next to the trails.
    2016 SJ FSR
    2017 Tarmac

mtbr member
    Also dispersed camping along FR164B in the fort valley area.
    Joe
    '12 Santa Cruz Highball 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5",Vassago Verhauen SS 29" XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mtbr member
    If you're interested in someone joining you for a ride, I'll be in the area from july 7-14. PM if you don't mind someone tagging along.
    "Like" the Brewery Ommegang facebook team page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...18356588347806

SPECIALizED
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by qdawgg View Post
    If you're interested in someone joining you for a ride, I'll be in the area from july 7-14. PM if you don't mind someone tagging along.
    That would be awesome! Especially if you know your way around and don't mind showing us the good stuff?

Thanks for the camping suggestions so far.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    https://rootsrated.com/flagstaff-az/...persed-camping

get there early as the spots fill quick

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yz129 View Post
    https://rootsrated.com/flagstaff-az/...persed-camping

get there early as the spots fill quick
    A nice spot but don't be that guy. Not you of course but here's the same dispersed camping area 2 days ago on Monday during stage 1 fire restrictions (ie., no fires except in established campgrounds).

Camping in Flagstaff 7/10-7/13-freidleinfire.jpg

Stage 2 restrictions start tomorrow. https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/cocon...d=FSEPRD547173

Camping in Flagstaff 7/10-7/13-stage-2.jpg

My other ride is your mom
    ^how reactive...if only there were a way to generally tell when things get dry and warm around here before the rains start coming down.......you know.....like every year or so. Just thinking outloud.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer View Post
    ^how reactive...if only there were a way to generally tell when things get dry and warm around here before the rains start coming down.......you know.....like every year or so. Just thinking outloud.
    Nah bro, keeping the city folk campers happy is way too important to be that proactive.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by UPSed View Post
    We are going to be in Flagstaff the second week of July and are looking for places to camp somewhat near the trails. I think we have our trail selection narrowed down so we're looking for suggestions on where to stay and of course can't miss trail suggestions are welcome as well.
    We have a place at the foot of Elden, near the KOA. We plan to be in Flagstaff for a week, starting on 3rd of July. I'll either bring the RIP 9 or the 429SL. I would gladly show you and qdawgg some of the trails. I'm guessing you two are XC riders. I'm taking some friends out on a ride Saturday that connects many of the trails south of I-40, from Walnut Canyon to Fisher Point. It can be a 28-35 miles loop. I like to follow it with a lengua burrito from Tacos Los Altos, while sitting out on the patio, looking up at Mt. Elden, listening to mostly 1990's Indie Rock. If all that works for you two, and I can shuffle a slightly different music mix, then let me know. We are dog friendly, as long as yours won't eat our runts.
    Respect the land, defend the defenseless, and don't ya never spit in front of women and children - The Code Of The West

SPECIALizED
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris Badenov View Post
    We have a place at the foot of Elden, near the KOA. We plan to be in Flagstaff for a week, starting on 3rd of July. I'll either bring the RIP 9 or the 429SL. I would gladly show you and qdawgg some of the trails. I'm guessing you two are XC riders. I'm taking some friends out on a ride Saturday that connects many of the trails south of I-40, from Walnut Canyon to Fisher Point. It can be a 28-35 miles loop. I like to follow it with a lengua burrito from Tacos Los Altos, while sitting out on the patio, looking up at Mt. Elden, listening to mostly 1990's Indie Rock. If all that works for you two, and I can shuffle a slightly different music mix, then let me know. We are dog friendly, as long as yours won't eat our runts.
    I'm actually more of an all-mountain rider but I also like to do big miles. That being said we won't be there until Monday the 10th. Thanks so much for the offer though.

SPECIALizED
    Dec 2010
    How do the trails hold up with all of the afternoon showers Flagstaff has been getting?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by UPSed View Post
    How do the trails hold up with all of the afternoon showers Flagstaff been getting?
    Rain is good. Very good.

Trails have degraded into "moon dust" conditions with the hot and dry conditions. Rain makes it all nice again. Enjoy!

-db-

SPECIALizED
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dbflg View Post
    Rain is good. Very good.

Trails have degraded into "moon dust" conditions with the hot and dry conditions. Rain makes it all nice again. Enjoy!

-db-
    Awesome! That's what I was hoping. Thank you!

slower than you
    Quote Originally Posted by belmont View Post
    There is dispersed camping on Shultz Pass Road. Right next to the trails.
    sChultz

camping is permitted only above the cattle guard. and no fires.
    "May your trails be winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Ed Abbey
    http://rockychrysler.com/