mtbr member

Call me less of a man, but the Estrella Tech loop worked my ass

Know how I know I am fat? The 4.88 miles of the Estrella tech loop WORKED my ass this afternoon.

So refer to me as less than a man if you want, but I am one sore puppy this morning. Going to get out tomorrow and spin on the canal tomorrow just to get the sore that I know is coming out of my legs.

But that took me over 100 miles for the month, so that makes me grin.

mtbr member
    That whole loop is quite the workout, no doubt about it. Come to think of it, I haven't been there in 2-3 years. FINS is free and also sweet. Estrella is a good change of pace though. Also usually always quiet, which I love.

mtbr member
    It sounds like you are MORE of a man and maybe you need to be LESS of a man.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I am visiting the general area this weekend. I plan on hitting fins for sure. What is the over all riding like at Estrella?

I live in Flag and ride aggressive XC/ some AM in Flag and Sedona. Worth my time?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuctionGoat View Post
    I am visiting the general area this weekend. I plan on hitting fins for sure. What is the over all riding like at Estrella?

I live in Flag and ride aggressive XC/ some AM in Flag and Sedona. Worth my time?
    Loose and bumpy. I wouldn't call it "aggressive" but more "uneven."
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member

Yeah I'd agree with CO. It's not a bad place to ride, but there are much better around. FINS is a good place to kill a few hours. Otherwise I'd stick with South Mountain, PMP, or Hawes, depending on what side of town you are staying.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I am going to be in goodyear. Thanks for the info guys.

banned
    Aug 2012
    Planning on hitting FINS or Estrella on Wednesday ... Anyone else ?

mtbr member
    I am going to be in goodyear. Thanks for the info guys.
    You should hit the White Tanks. There is 30+ miles of single track and over 4000' of vertical if you want. The race loops are good and the other trails are great. Just look at the park map and have fun.

There is going to be a trail crew working on Estrella race loop this Saturday trying to clean it up some...it is covered in loose debris.