Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

C2C kicked my butt

1K views 39 replies 5 participants last post by  sixsixtysix 
#1 ·
Saturday, after a late start, I did a C2C ride on National in preparation for the Flight. Totally kicked my butt. I forgot how gnarly National is on the West side. The climbing is what really did me in, especially since the new fork on my bike made it practically impossible to climb.

I bonked on the road back, but I made it the car at Safeway. 6 hours of riding total.
Sorry, no pics.

G
#2 ·
KavuRider said:
Saturday, after a late start, I did a C2C ride on National in preparation for the Flight. Totally kicked my butt. I forgot how gnarly National is on the West side. The climbing is what really did me in, especially since the new fork on my bike made it practically impossible to climb.

I bonked on the road back, but I made it the car at Safeway. 6 hours of riding total.
Sorry, no pics.
Pics or it didn't happen:D

G
#4 ·
KavuRider said:
I was hurting last night. Between that and shuttles yesterday, plus chasing you down to get the truck keys back.
LOL, that was pretty amusing. I was out of it yesterday morning. Oh, and I took the canal back to my place, which is why you probably didn't see me until at my gate.

#5 ·
sixsixtysix said:
LOL, that was pretty amusing. I was out of it yesterday morning. Oh, and I took the canal back to my place, which is why you probably didn't see me until at my gate.
I figured, which is why I took the street instead. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to catch you before you got to your house.

This weekend just showed me that I need to ride more, that's all. I've been slacking big time since coming back from Moab :(

#9 ·
sixsixtysix said:
um, where were you yesterday for shuttles?

And Mr. Markskee, who actually said he was gonna shuttle, and just never showed up...

That is true weaksauce!:p
Ahhahahahah YES very weaksauce! and shady too! man I am busy practicing my high speed tuck for Cali I thought you guys knew? Well anyway it will be a good time Sixty especially the beers by the beach afterwards! FTW!!

:thumbsup:

#10 ·
markskee said:
Ahhahahahah YES very weaksauce! and shady too! man I am busy practicing my high speed tuck for Cali I thought you guys knew? Well anyway it will be a good time Sixty especially the beers by the beach afterwards! FTW!!

From what I heard from Crazy J's Cali trip, your "beers by the beach" was all false promises of a party that never happened. The only high speed tuck you will be practicing is if a carjacker pushes you out of your tacoma on the 405!!!!!

#11 ·
azdog said:
From what I heard from Crazy J's Cali trip, your "beers by the beach" was all false promises of a party that never happened. The only high speed tuck you will be practicing is if a carjacker pushes you out of your tacoma on the 405!!!!!
I found some SPD's I had laying around, so if I don't see you, I can just use those.

#14 ·
sixsixtysix said:
STDs? Man I thought you were smarter than that...
Did you know that the Holzfeller OCT's + Howitzer BB I have on the Bullit is 270g heavier than the XT cranks/BB on your Vegas? Craziness...

Your offer still up on the SC? If so, great, if you want to take it to Cali, also cool. I can ride the Bullit, provided I drop that 40.

#15 ·
Man... all hater's Geez no love around here as far as the party goes J's right no party and I never said there would be I think he just got wind of Dooos time there and the good time he had at the bars. I will only party/ride with bros that can handle it, Dooo barley made the cut he was hurtin but had fun....With J I knew better, I know that he can't handle it at all! And that after one night of booze he would have been done for the rest of the trip and would have wanted to be the shuttle driver the whole time.

#1 I wanted him to enjoy the riding!
#2 I did not want him driving my truck all day hung over!
#3 I had no money to bail him out of Jail!

As far as the rest of the crew goes you are all more than capable to hit Cali "Perma Grin Style" so no worries there J is the only exception unfortunately.

#16 ·
markskee said:
Man... all hater's Geez no love around here as far as the party goes J's right no party and I never said there would be I think he just got wind of Dooos time there and the good time he had at the bars. I will only party/ride with bros that can handle it, Dooo barley made the cut he was hurtin but had fun....With J I knew better, I know that he can't handle it at all! And that after one night of booze he would have been done for the rest of the trip and would have wanted to be the shuttle driver the whole time.

#1 I wanted him to enjoy the riding!
#2 I did not want him driving my truck all day hung over!
#3 I had no money to bail him out of Jail!

As far as the rest of the crew goes you are all more than capable to hit Cali "Perma Grin Style" so no worries there J is the only exception unfortunately.

Hopefully I can make it out to California sometime next year. Still never been.

G
#17 ·
KavuRider said:
Did you know that the Holzfeller OCT's + Howitzer BB I have on the Bullit is 270g heavier than the XT cranks/BB on your Vegas? Craziness...

Your offer still up on the SC? If so, great, if you want to take it to Cali, also cool. I can ride the Bullit, provided I drop that 40.
Yeah man, those XT's are about as light as they come, now I just need to lighten the wheels and it'll be in business:thumbsup:

Yeah, you can use the Proto, I will either be taking the DB or the Sluggo to Cali.

#18 ·
sixsixtysix said:
Yeah man, those XT's are about as light as they come, now I just need to lighten the wheels and it'll be in business:thumbsup:

Yeah, you can use the Proto, I will either be taking the DB or the Sluggo to Cali.
Thanks.

#22 ·
sixsixtysix said:

When are you going to cali? SoCal?

Markskee Cali trip for this up coming weekend? Bootleg or staying in town? ;) I down to go 50/50 on gas biznatch!!

#24 ·
doodooboi said:
When are you going to cali? SoCal?

Markskee Cali trip for this up coming weekend? Bootleg or staying in town? ;) I down to go 50/50 on gas biznatch!!
So you won't break in the new rig on Somo but your willing to break it in on Bootleg. All I gotta say is be prepared. South's trails are soft landings compared to the Boot!.... and yes I did drink my haterade this morning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.