Just another half mile...

Browns Ranch - Pima & Dynamite update

Hey all,

Here is a little update on the Phase 3 trails in the Pima & Dynamite area. The trail builder is basically done for this year, but was able to complete Corridors A & B in order to get peeps who park at the temporary trailhead at P&D out into the north and east parts of the park. Signs are going up to help peeps find their way.

Trailforks has been updated to show the current trails in the P&D area.

Here is a fun little loop that I rode for a quick turn and burn. Very reminiscent of the old P&D days. The ride back from the high point on Wranger back to the P&D TH via Rustler and the new Corr A is a blast very similar to the old Roller Coaster trail.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/ac...qf75mx6h0.link

Go get some before is gets hot!

mtbr member
    Going on Sunday would you be able to post a screen shot image of the new trails? Didn't find the updates on trailfork..

Just A Mountain Biker.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncbuster View Post
    Going on Sunday would you be able to post a screen shot image of the new trails? Didn't find the updates on trailfork..
    I didnít see it at first, but then it updated / refreshed and Corridor A & B both showed up.

Thanks for the update, Dale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.

mtbr member
    Thx BL couldnt get it to update but doing a search for corridors A & B loads each one temporarily so got a few screen shots for quick reference.

Awesome thx ER...

Just A Mountain Biker.
    Weird, mine just show up as trails on the map in that area, I didnít have to search anything. Oh well, have fun! Iím going to try and get out there tomorrow myself.

mtbr member
    They both look more like destination trails to me rather than corridors. Hope they're on the fast side...

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Rode Corridor B today N and S, lot of fun. Not that familiar with Browns trails, but having ridden most of the W side stuff recently felt like it was a great addition. Will definitely take it over Axle Grease which relatively speaking I found to be an exercise in slow flat loose frustration the couple times I've ridden it north (haven't headed S on it).

Only just finally exploring Browns as I've slowly gone more XC from (originally) a DH background and had dismissed it due to others' thoughts...I've found it's great, just in a different way vs the gnar I'm used to.

mtbr member
    I guess Im no Daniel Boone. Plan was to ride counter clockwise up Corridor A but mistakenly thought the trails were marked already anyway took the wrong fork and rather than double back just rode the Powerline road #2 to Browns Ranch road to Corridor B TH which is where Hawksnest trail use to tee Brown's ranch road but now intersects it. Rode it for a while but same deal though ended going up Browns Mountain trail so decided to scratch that and rode back Axel grease favorite trail at this time and plenty fast. Have to try the corridors again maybe clockwise next time when I have more patience..

Closekids.com
    I guess Im no Daniel Boone. Plan was to ride counter clockwise up Corridor A but mistakenly thought the trails were marked already anyway took the wrong fork and rather than double back just rode the Powerline road #2 to Browns Ranch road to Corridor B TH which is where Hawksnest trail use to tee Brown's ranch road but now intersects it. Rode it for a while but same deal though ended going up Browns Mountain trail so decided to scratch that and rode back Axel grease favorite trail at this time and plenty fast. Have to try the corridors again maybe clockwise next time when I have more patience..
    If Axel Grease is your favorite...I'd like to intro you to some new trails out there
    Try Great Divide or the Diablos, or High Desert to Renegade West to East...But you may hate those...YMMV. Glad you are enjoying them.
    Me to my riding buddy, "Want to ride this afternoon?"
    Him, "I can't. I have to chop this guys foot off at 2".

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomingSooner View Post
    If Axel Grease is your favorite...I'd like to intro you to some new trails out there
    Try Great Divide or the Diablos, or High Desert to Renegade West to East...But you may hate those...YMMV. Glad you are enjoying them.
    No hate have rode those and high desert is to my liking but east to west. Thanks for the tip bruv...

mtbr member
    No hate have rode those and high desert is to my liking but east to west. Thanks for the tip bruv...
    What is the new corridor trail 'A' like?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by seandm View Post
    What is the new corridor trail 'A' like?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
    Didnt ride much but looks to be an existing trail that has been worked in places it gets you into the boulder area. Lots of tire tracks and some new sign post (only) are in place so wouldn't think it will be too long before the signs are up.

Corr A uses a lot of the existing trails except for the new section from the south end of MTV up to Hackamore. So itís a lot of old school P&D.

Corr B also uses a bunch of old trails with a few reroutes. The biggest reroute was around the steep and eroded section of Old West Express (which was left in place for now). Then routed over to the Old Flower Garden trails on the south side of the power lines and then up and over a small ridge line to connect to Hawnest. There was talk about Corr B becoming an extension of Hawknest. Dara Sarah will remain mostly as is with some cleanups and a couple of short reroutes in the center area where there a couple of severely eroded sections.

The fate of Old Bail Out and MTV are yet to be determined. West and East Flower Garden trails will most likely get replaced with a new Corr F trail somewhere in between to connect Cone Mtn with Axle Grease.

There will be a new loops or loops that will be built snaking in and around the boulder fields in between Dara Sarah and Corr B and will be slow and techy and should be lots of fun.

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Dale,
    If there hasn't been a final decision re: MTV, I really hope they keep it. It rides really well 'as is', but I could see some minor cleanup for drainage purposes. If you have any say in the matter, try and make it stay!! And, if it does stay, leave the TV out there!!

Also, if you guys are using the Trailforks app, don't forget to re-sync the AZ map. That would cause any new changes to not show up immediately. Goto 'Settings' - 'Downloaded Regions' and then hit the refresh icon.
    My Two Schillingsworth

Ultra Endurance Posters & More: Posters/T-shirts & Stuff

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Got out there a checked it out with my 8 yo old. She has previously only ridden Axle Grease. ďDad can we go ride the twisties?Ē

She got to ride some rocks for the first time. Coached her down the rock slab at the top of Corridor A. Good stuff!

The fate of MTV and Old Bail Out will be determined next fall once the trail builder comes back, and will depend on how Corridors C & D get routed along with the inner Boulder loop. The trail planning committee will be involved in the routing of C & D. Right now both trails run parallel to each other and part of the preserve goals is to provide adequate habitat space in between trails. My guess one of them will go, and part of each may be incorporated into C. I have been pushing to keep as much of the existing trails in this area, and was able to keep a lot of existing for Corr A & B.

Quote Originally Posted by schillingsworth View Post
    Dale,
    If there hasn't been a final decision re: MTV, I really hope they keep it. It rides really well 'as is', but I could see some minor cleanup for drainage purposes. If you have any say in the matter, try and make it stay!! And, if it does stay, leave the TV out there!!

Also, if you guys are using the Trailforks app, don't forget to re-sync the AZ map. That would cause any new changes to not show up immediately. Goto 'Settings' - 'Downloaded Regions' and then hit the refresh icon.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by fiveo View Post
    Got out there a checked it out with my 8 yo old. She has previously only ridden Axle Grease. ďDad can we go ride the twisties?Ē

She got to ride some rocks for the first time. Coached her down the rock slab at the top of Corridor A. Good stuff!
    A great ride for a child is starting over at Granite Mtn TH. The climb up Granite may be hard, but then you just go on the front of there and Cholla mtn. Hit amphitheater, balanced rock and all the cool formations so kids can play.

I also like Browns Parking Area up Latigo til the 2-track, then work your way back through Cholla, Maverick and the single track that goes in front of Brown's Mtn.

mtbr member
    Got to ride some more of corridor B yesterday, again its not what I would call a corridor and its similar to some of the easier diablo trails at least the western part I rode. Some rain on it would be nice to compact the banks but a nice addition. The thing I like about P&D is you can ride 5-6 miles uphill using powerline road #1 which is probably the shortest/fastest way to get to the east end of the preserve and really more of a corridor except for some wash areas that suck but then hit the trails for all pretty much downhill back to the parking. West express is a fun roller-coaster then axle grease for some fairly fast twisty stuff. P&D really is more suited for MTBers than hikers or equestrian riders IMO..

Corr A & B are just temporary manes until the City officially names the trails that run along Corridors A & B. Most likely Corr B will be renamed as Hawknest since it ties directly into Hawknest at the north end. Not sure what Corr A will be renamed too. Also, why would one ride up the ugly powerline road when there is more fun singletrack to ride next to it.

Got to ride some more of corridor B yesterday, again its not what I would call a corridor and its similar to some of the easier diablo trails at least the western part I rode. Some rain on it would be nice to compact the banks but a nice addition. The thing I like about P&D is you can ride 5-6 miles uphill using powerline road #1 which is probably the shortest/fastest way to get to the east end of the preserve and really more of a corridor except for some wash areas that suck but then hit the trails for all pretty much downhill back to the parking. West express is a fun roller-coaster then axle grease for some fairly fast twisty stuff. P&D really is more suited for MTBers than hikers or equestrian riders IMO..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicrider View Post
    Corr A & B are just temporary manes until the City officially names the trails that run along Corridors A & B. Most likely Corr B will be renamed as Hawknest since it ties directly into Hawknest at the north end. Not sure what Corr A will be renamed too. Also, why would one ride up the ugly powerline road when there is more fun singletrack to ride next to it.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but seriously like to get to the high point as fast as possible and then the singletrack is more fun with gravity on your side.. duh

mtbr member
    Rode Stagecoach - West express - Axle grease yesterday. Pretty much everything you could hope for as far as trail riding. Rained out there since last weekend and the trails where perfect.

Just A Mountain Biker.
    Rode Stagecoach - West express - Axle grease yesterday. Pretty much everything you could hope for as far as trail riding. Rained out there since last weekend and the trails where perfect.
    I love that route as a finish, curious how you got up there (which route) and where you parked? Always looking for a new loop.

mtbr member
    I just ride the powerline #1 road from P&D. About 6 miles pay to Stagecoach for about 10 payback..
    Quote Originally Posted by blaklabl View Post
    I love that route as a finish, curious how you got up there (which route) and where you parked? Always looking for a new loop.

Just A Mountain Biker.
    I just ride the powerline #1 road from P&D. About 6 miles pay to Stagecoach for about 10 payback..
    Cool, thanks. I've been tying in some Hackamore/Cone/Corridor B/Hawknest/Stagecoach and back down, you're right it doesn't get much better than that!

mtbr member
    No problem...Your route sounds pretty ambitious especially this time year..
    Cool, thanks. I've been tying in some Hackamore/Cone/Corridor B/Hawknest/Stagecoach and back down, you're right it doesn't get much better than that!

For a ripping good fun, try Wrangler from Browns Ranch Rd, then hook onto Rustler than Corridor A. Has a much steep gradient, is a fast ride. See Garmin route in my first post.

Here are few pics from a couple of rides over the last few weekends in the P&D area.

Browns Ranch - Pima & Dynamite update-31472578_10204350558720872_6434916905642885120_o.jpg

Browns Ranch - Pima & Dynamite update-31445137_10204350556520817_3206439183795093504_o.jpg

Browns Ranch - Pima & Dynamite update-31408273_10204350557200834_4273706220042321920_o.jpg

Browns Ranch - Pima & Dynamite update-31939749_10204374358515852_573265086181801984_o.jpg

Browns Ranch - Pima & Dynamite update-31949591_10204374356235795_4692376939111907328_o.jpg

Browns Ranch - Pima & Dynamite update-31946975_10204374355915787_9139103408412688384_o.jpg

Browns Ranch - Pima & Dynamite update-31530930_10204374353755733_5548459308133384192_o.jpg

Browns Ranch - Pima & Dynamite update-31947740_10204374355155768_472137710375534592_o.jpg

livin' the dream......
    That looks too easy and so boring..................
    I was too drunk and too much in pain to ride. Good times. - TacoBeer

mtbr member
    Looks exactly like what I need. But maybe next fall. Nice work out there!

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Looks exactly like what I need. But maybe next fall. Nice work out there!
    dont text, dont call, i dont want to ride with you.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball View Post
    dont text, dont call, i dont want to ride with you.
    Did someone pee in your cheerio's this morning? Let's ride! But I need 4 more weeks for my collarbone to heal.