Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    parenting for gnarness

Brown's Ranch Exploratory Freeride - Sunday Nov 4, 7:30

Anyone interested in a casual exploration of the Brown's Ranch area in N. Scottsdale, looking for fun freeride lines?

mtbpilot, poi boi? dtownmtb?

Lets see if we can get say 4 hrs for a casual paced gnarfest. Some pedaling, but mostly just have fun playing on rocks.

Sunday Nov 4? Would that conflict with the AES BCT ride?

Nov 17 or 18?
    Last edited by chollaball; 10-30-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Maui Grown
    I'm in but can't ride on Sundays...only Saturdays. Keep me posted.

mtbr member
    Does that area still require an AZ State Trust Land pass? I haven't been out there in several years, would like to go check it out again. I'm riding in the Fury this weekend and going to Tucson next weekend for the GABA swap meet and ride Fantasy Island. After that I could make it on a Saturday or Sunday.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_AlanS View Post
    Does that area still require an AZ State Trust Land pass? I haven't been out there in several years, would like to go check it out again. I'm riding in the Fury this weekend and going to Tucson next weekend for the GABA swap meet and ride Fantasy Island. After that I could make it on a Saturday or Sunday.
    i've only been once, and it was not needed. I think its Scottsdale Preserve now, so i think the point is moot.

Saturdays are variable for me with kid's activities.
    This Saturday = AES BCT ride
    Nov 10-11 : Gaba swap meet, Sandbox Showdown in Tucson (I'll also be out)
    Nov 17 - AES Kentucky Camp.

Anyway, post up if you're interested and we'll try to find something that works for most of us...

Just another half mile...
    Hey CB, where are you planning on going? There are not really a lot of big rock piles to play on that are located next to exisitng trails unless you are planning to go off trail. Lots of little piles scattered throughout, but requires lots of peddling in between.

Quote Originally Posted by chollaball View Post
    Anyone interested in a casual exploration of the Brown's Ranch area in N. Scottsdale, looking for fun freeride lines?

mtbpilot, poi boi? dtownmtb?

Lets see if we can get say 4 hrs for a casual paced gnarfest. Some pedaling, but mostly just have fun playing on rocks.

Sunday Nov 4? Would that conflict with the AES BCT ride?

Nov 17 or 18?

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicrider View Post
    Hey CB, where are you planning on going? There are not really a lot of big rock piles to play on that are located next to exisitng trails unless you are planning to go off trail. Lots of little piles scattered throughout, but requires lots of peddling in between.
    I've got no idea as I dont know that system, but MtbPilot had some thoughts and Jeff Z has taken me on a few neat sections.

My other ride is your mom
    I'd be down for a Sunday ride...

I'm out Saturday, but available this Sunday. Same with next week (cave creek bike fest on Saturday).

There are some nice little rock piles beside 33, 24, 25 and such. Although I'm not up to the tech level of Cholla, I do like to play a bit on the rocks and often wonder what fun stuff could be put together if you spent a little time. There are a bunch of rock piles on the north and east side of Granite mountain as well. May be able to do something with them.

So, I'm down for Sunday this week or next.

74 & 29 pilot
    I can do Sunday also.
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB Pilot View Post
    I can do Sunday also.
    why dont we do a sunday ride, and gather some beta and great pics for the next time when some others might join?

MTBPilot, dtown...what do you think is the best place to start? Alma School end of pavement?

What does everyone thing about FIP 7:30...early, but we'll still be wearing armor.

I have extra knee pads for anyone who might want (keep penis jokes to yerselves...). I'll also bring coffee and donuts. Let's ride bikes, talk smack, take pics and have fun!!!

Just another half mile...
    The north end of Alma school is closed for parking since they are constructing a new trail head there now. Best to park at the super market at the SW corner of Alma School and Dynamite and ride north and ride around the construction of temporary trail bypass of construction.

why dont we do a sunday ride, and gather some beta and great pics for the next time when some others might join?

MTBPilot, dtown...what do you think is the best place to start? Alma School end of pavement?

What does everyone thing about FIP 7:30...early, but we'll still be wearing armor.

I have extra knee pads for anyone who might want (keep penis jokes to yerselves...). I'll also bring coffee and donuts. Let's ride bikes, talk smack, take pics and have fun!!!

74 & 29 pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Epicrider View Post
    The north end of Alma school is closed for parking since they are constructing a new trail head there now. Best to park at the super market at the SW corner of Alma School and Dynamite and ride north and ride around the construction of temporary trail bypass of construction.
    Yeah, somewhere down Alma School works; If not the end, as far back as you can go I guess. The strip mall parking lot will work also; I'm pretty easy

You name the time and I'll show!
    MTBP

Yeah, somewhere down Alma School works; If not the end, as far back as you can go I guess. The strip mall parking lot will work also; I'm pretty easy

You name the time and I'll show!
    7:30 is good for me.

The shopping center is OK, but you have a long paved, then dirt road section until you get to anything interesting.

However, I'd recomend parking at 136th and Lone Mountain. It is where the power lines cross 136th. There is parking on the side of the road there. That puts you right next to the east side of Granite mountain - there are lots of rock piles out there that I haven't really looked at much - could be some fun. Plus, most folks haven't been out there, so it will likely be new to you.

Cholla, I'll likely take you up on the knee pads - instant courage.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by dtownmtb View Post
    7:30 is good for me.

The shopping center is OK, but you have a long paved, then dirt road section until you get to anything interesting.

However, I'd recomend parking at 136th and Lone Mountain. It is where the power lines cross 136th. There is parking on the side of the road there. That puts you right next to the east side of Granite mountain - there are lots of rock piles out there that I haven't really looked at much - could be some fun. Plus, most folks haven't been out there, so it will likely be new to you.

Cholla, I'll likely take you up on the knee pads - instant courage.
    Here be linky to parking. See you at 7:30, I'll have some extra kneepads.

https://maps.google.com/maps/place?q...955df56cc8c57a

MTBPilot - I dont know you, but i think the others who've responded know each other. I'll be in a black acura riding a black Firebird.

74 & 29 pilot
    Here be linky to parking. See you at 7:30, I'll have some extra kneepads.

https://maps.google.com/maps/place?q...955df56cc8c57a

MTBPilot - I dont know you, but i think the others who've responded know each other. I'll be in a black acura riding a black Firebird.
    Cool, we can take Cholla Tr., 33 and 30, through Mushroom rock Going north up the east side of Granite Mt. on Bootlegger is torture!

Cholla, I met you briefly the last time GROAZ did trail mx on 24st at SOMO. I'm driving silver Land Rover LR3. See ya there
    MTBP

mtbr member
    Sounds like a lot of pedaling. I'd like to join next time when I have more stamina - keep the penis jokes to yourselves
    Got Daytons on the Motha Ship - Cube

parenting for gnarness
    updated the title. this is open to anyone who enjoys sessioning, exploration and good company irregardless of skill level.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Would a slow old man cramp your guys style? I would like to explore some new riding areas.
    Because, one is never enough.

Cool, we can take Cholla Tr., 33 and 30, through Mushroom rock Going north up the east side of Granite Mt. on Bootlegger is torture!

Cholla, I met you briefly the last time GROAZ did trail mx on 24st at SOMO. I'm driving silver Land Rover LR3. See ya there
    Actually, I was thinking about going counter-clockwise around Granite Mountain. I wanted to hit those rock piles on 25 - Cholla was eyeballing those when we were out there last. We could then head over to the 24/30 intersection - there are lots of rock piles in that area. Then 30 over to mushroom rock and back to the cars on 33.

That was my thought anyhow. We can see how much riding everyone is willing to do.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BeerJoe View Post
    Would a slow old man cramp your guys style? I would like to explore some new riding areas.
    for sure man, come on out. should be an interesting mix.

No Clue Crew
    updated the title. this is open to anyone who enjoys sessioning, exploration and good company irregardless of skill level.
    Now you're talking... I'd like to join in on this fun but this Sunday is a bust for me.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by dtownmtb View Post
    Actually, I was thinking about going counter-clockwise around Granite Mountain. I wanted to hit those rock piles on 25 - Cholla was eyeballing those when we were out there last. We could then head over to the 24/30 intersection - there are lots of rock piles in that area. Then 30 over to mushroom rock and back to the cars on 33.

That was my thought anyhow. We can see how much riding everyone is willing to do.
    i'm game to ride whatever needs to be ridden, but will be slower on my bigger bike. As you know, I don't know the system, so would appreciate very much if you and MTBPilot lead us.

Dale, thanks for your suggestions!

Vitamin Bike Added
    Might bring my big ambition and little bike out for a spin....will definitely confirm so you have final numbers.
    Keep the rubber side down

parenting for gnarness
    bumping for flavor

Vitamin Bike Added
    Too many pops tonight, going to be a rager of a headache by AM, count me out for the morning, have a blast fellas.
    Keep the rubber side down

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast