Meatbomb

THAT Brewery - Pine

I had to go to Flagstaff over the weekend and I 17 was a cluster (3 car fires and 2 accidents- 3.5 hours Scottsdale to Flag) so I decided to come home via the back way. We stopped in Pine for lunch at THAT Brewery. I was impressed. The AZT Ale was tasty as was the food.

I know a few of you ride in the area so I thought a positive review was in order. Give it a try.

On a side note, there was a Dodge Charger club hosting a run at the brewery. They were nice enough guys at lunch but turned in to total douche bags once on the beeline hwy. They were cruising in a very tight pack of about 8 cars and would merge into the fast lane and slow down to about 55, when we passed them on the right and then moved to the fast lane they would speed up (they loved to hear their exhaust / penis extensions) and pass on the right and then move to the fast lane and slow down again. This went on for a long time until a guy in another truck pulled up next to me and kept pace so they could not pass. I think he also called DPS because soon after there were 2 cruisers on the shoulder that merged in behind us and pulled them all over. They were a menace.

Just A Mountain Biker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I had to go to Flagstaff over the weekend and I 17 was a cluster (3 car fires and 2 accidents- 3.5 hours Scottsdale to Flag) so I decided to come home via the back way. We stopped in Pine for lunch at THAT Brewery. I was impressed. The AZT Ale was tasty as was the food.

I know a few of you ride in the area so I thought a positive review was in order. Give it a try.

On a side note, there was a Dodge Charger club hosting a run at the brewery. They were nice enough guys at lunch but turned in to total douche bags once on the beeline hwy. They were cruising in a very tight pack of about 8 cars and would merge into the fast lane and slow down to about 55, when we passed them on the right and then moved to the fast lane they would speed up (they loved to hear their exhaust / penis extensions) and pass on the right and then move to the fast lane and slow down again. This went on for a long time until a guy in another truck pulled up next to me and kept pace so they could not pass. I think he also called DPS because soon after there were 2 cruisers on the shoulder that merged in behind us and pulled them all over. They were a menace.
    We sell their beer here in the valley as well; let me know if you guys are looking for where to find it I can post up here. They also have a tasting room / production brewery in Cottonwood.

ER
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post

The AZ Trail Ale is usually a staple at OHSO, and I believe proceeds from the sale go to AZ Trail Association.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Black and Sticky
    Rode in the Pine, Clints Well area over the weekend. Saw THAT place and wanted to swing in to grab a growler to take home. But they were closed Sunday morning when I was headed back. I'll have to head over to OHSO to check out THAT brew. Looked like a super place.

Another side note. Coming down on SR 87 from Strawberry to Pine saw a couple dozen roadies making the climb. Scared the crap out of me just watching them.

Another side note. Rode Bearfoot Trail above Pine on Friday. Highly recomended.

Last side note. Rode AZ Trail, Happy Jack Passage on Saturday. Not highly recommended.

Bob
    "Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission." - Neil Kendall

mtbr member
    Now if there were just some great trails built up that emptied out near the brewery....

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Nice job dealing with the "Charger" crowd .... Thanks for coming up to Pine ... we are working hard to get our trails in shape and worthy of a rode trip ... hope you bring more of your brethren back to Pine to ride and drink.... ; - )

mtbr member
    THAT is a standard stop on the way home when riding that side of the Mogollon, I just wish the kitchen stayed open a bit later on Sunday nights as I've missed last call for food a couple times after a long ride..

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    We went to Payson/Pine area last year for some geode hunting and ended with a stop at THAT. Or maybe the other way around...went up with goal of going to THAT, and decided to call it "geode hunting"?!?

Anyway...very cool place and will be part of the regular plan whenever we get a chance to stop.

Now, to make a trip to enjoy some of those nearby trails up there...