Saucy Size Moderator

BMX/Dirt Jump areas for kids (32nd/Shea area)?

Paging DGangi, Doug to the white courtesy phone -- or anyone else familiar with the area...

Got a buddy who wants to get his kids (7 and 9) into some low-level bmx-style riding -- you know, the little rollers and dirt jumps and rhythm sections we all used to build and ride out in undeveloped fields. He's in the 32nd/Shea area. Where are the goods these days? My knowledge extends only to some of the canal paths and dirt lots in Tempe -- north Phoenix has become a blur in my old age.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B View Post
    Paging DGangi, Doug to the white courtesy phone -- or anyone else familiar with the area...

Got a buddy who wants to get his kids (7 and 9) into some low-level bmx-style riding -- you know, the little rollers and dirt jumps and rhythm sections we all used to build and ride out in undeveloped fields. He's in the 32nd/Shea area. Where are the goods these days? My knowledge extends only to some of the canal paths and dirt lots in Tempe -- north Phoenix has become a blur in my old age.
    Maybe in the area just east of Cave Creek Road and south of the t100 climb east of the horse tunnel. It's pretty flat, and lots of really flowing, flat stuff ideal for kids. That's the only thing I can think of in this area.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Bloodied but Unbowed
    McDowell pump track is likely closest actual track.

Short of that, numerous washes in the neighborhood with ditches, trenches and the like. That's my neighborhood.

Rage has a pump track near Scottsdale Rd and Thomas.
    "This is my favorite section...watch your step..."

mtbr member
    I live in the area as well. There is (was) a bunch of jumps and rollers right at 32nd and the 51. Just up and over the dirt hill where the paved path starts. I haven't been there in a while, so they may have been torn down or dozed, but they used to be fun! worth a look, since it's right next to them.
    "There's nothing like touching earth you've never touched"

sprocket
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B View Post

32nd St. Right South of the 51 path - on the SE corner of the path and 32nd St.

Fragile - must be Italian
    Hmm....not sure where the good BMX tracks are anymore. The track I played on as a kid was at Roadrunner park, but that's long gone.

One option is "The Pit" just off T100 near Cave Creek Rd. It has some little jumps and rollers...but it's not a dedicated BMX track.

"The Wave" behind Shadow Mountain HS is still a good place to play on your bike. It's a cement canal right behind the racquet ball courts near 30th St/Shea. Kids still ride their bikes there, and it's unchanged from the 80's when I rode there.

The only BMX track in North Phoenix that I know of is Black Mountain. It's on the 101 and 7th St.

Black Mountain BMX | The #1 track in the nation, right here in Phoenix, Arizona!!!

Thx...Doug

Saucy Size Moderator
    Thanks guys!
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.