Just another half mile...

BLM Table Mesa Public Meeting

Hey All, BLM is holding a couple of public meetings to get public input on the types of recreation that are important to you in the "Table Mesa Recreation Area". Now is your chance to tell the BLM the types of recreation you would like to see in the area. This area includes the Black Canyon Trail. If you want more MTB trails looped into the BCT? Now’s your chance to tell the BLM what you want. Do you want Freeride trails built? Now’s your chance to speak up! BLM will use the input from the public in developing a management plan for the area. So Speak up!!!

http://www.blm.gov/az/st/en/prog/tra...ebee/maps.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fragile - must be Italian
    Dang...I'm going to be out of town all next week. I guess I'll send the project manager an email with my wishes instead...

1) Freeride course with jumps over the plethora of rusted washing machines and refrigerators left out there (gotta use them for something)

2) XC loops with "dodge the shotgun shells" section

Thanks for posting this up Dale.

Thx...Doug

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicrider
    Hey All, BLM is holding a couple of public meetings to get public input on the types of recreation that are important to you in the "Table Mesa Recreation Area". Now is your chance to tell the BLM the types of recreation you would like to see in the area. This area includes the Black Canyon Trail. If you want more MTB trails looped into the BCT? Now’s your chance to tell the BLM what you want. Do you want Freeride trails built? Now’s your chance to speak up! BLM will use the input from the public in developing a management plan for the area. So Speak up!!!

http://www.blm.gov/az/st/en/prog/tra...ebee/maps.html
    Awesome to hear they are looking to develop a recreation plan for the area. I'm going to attend for sure.

Perhaps they can get people to stop shooing out there...........

Thanks again for posting!
    Tiff

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Thanks

Thanks for the posting.

Sending an email now.

mtbr member
    Su and I will most likely be at the 11/18 date. Anyone else going? It would be fun to have a mtb seating section.

I'll be attending the meeting on the 20th. I'll be in Kingman oin the 18th.

Quote Originally Posted by AKA Monkeybutt
    Su and I will most likely be at the 11/18 date. Anyone else going? It would be fun to have a mtb seating section.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    We are going to one on the 20th since its in our 'hood.

Tiff

mtbr member

Dale thanks for posting this up. Jeff, save me a seat I plan on going!
    Do what it takes to move through

Exhale Bikes
    2814 W Bell Rd
    Phoenix, AZ 85053-7530
    (602) 548-0567

AZ Biker Chick
    Nov 2006
    Thanks for the information. I'll be at the 18th meeting and perhaps can round up some more MTB folks not on MTBR. I'm with Tiffanyinanthem - maybe the shooting can be stopped and perhaps the trash dumping...I mean their shooting targets being left out in the desert. Makes a great argument to help get it prohibited.

Dust biter
    Jun 2008
    I've met the AZ director of the BLM and he's really got his head on straight. I think that they will definitely take public opinion into account for their planning. I might make the suggestion to try to use examples of other rec areas that got it wrong (see Santan thread), and ones that got it right (MMP) and encourage them to follow (or set a new standard so they feel like leaders) those that know what it takes to have true multi use trails or areas. I won't be there otherwise I would have spared you my opinion.

Shooting is one main issues out there and BLM would like to desigante shooting only areas away frm other use areas with in the rec area. I doubt that it will be prohibited all together, just restricted to safer areas. BLM is expecting a turnout from the shooting community to voice their opinion. The more hikers, equestrians, mountain bikers and other users out there expressing their concerns about the shooting the better.

Quote Originally Posted by goldbergace
    Thanks for the information. I'll be at the 18th meeting and perhaps can round up some more MTB folks not on MTBR. I'm with Tiffanyinanthem - maybe the shooting can be stopped and perhaps the trash dumping...I mean their shooting targets being left out in the desert. Makes a great argument to help get it prohibited.

I finally got around to scanning the info I recieved at the puiblic meeting. Now is you chance to make comments if what you want to include any adtinal mountain biking or free ride trails out in this area or what ever else you would like to see done.

Quote Originally Posted by Epicrider
    Shooting is one main issues out there and BLM would like to desigante shooting only areas away frm other use areas with in the rec area. I doubt that it will be prohibited all together, just restricted to safer areas. BLM is expecting a turnout from the shooting community to voice their opinion. The more hikers, equestrians, mountain bikers and other users out there expressing their concerns about the shooting the better.
    Attached Images Attached Images