mtbr member

Bladder issue. Suggestions???

Howdy,

I have a Dakine backpack bladder system and I have lost the o ring that goes on the tube where it enters the bladder so it is leaking.

Local bike shop does not carry the replacement o rings and Dakine won't send one out and directed me to a hardware store.

I cannot find one that works. The only one that fits is too wide so the tube won't go back in. I need a flatter o ring.

I have tried three hardware stores. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,
    Ross

Meatpuppet
    Quote Originally Posted by ruzz
    Howdy,

I have a Dakine backpack bladder system and I have lost the o ring that goes on the tube where it enters the bladder so it is leaking.

Local bike shop does not carry the replacement o rings and Dakine won't send one out and directed me to a hardware store.

I cannot find one that works. The only one that fits is too wide so the tube won't go back in. I need a flatter o ring.

I have tried three hardware stores. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,
    Ross
    did you already buy the o-ring that is too thick?

if so, sand it to the thickness that'll work.
    grab one side of the ring w/2 fingers while applying pressure w/a third. drag it across some sandpaper, it will be easier than you think.

WWMD (what would Macgyver do)
    My Third Eye Has A Cataract

Ouch, I am hot!
    Dakine won't send one out and directed me to a hardware store.
    WTF? Did Dakine give you a reason why not? Unless there is a reasonable explanation, I may just take Dakine of my list.
    I AM JUST A JERK

mtbr member
    Dakine won't send one out and directed me to a hardware store.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdir
    WTF? Did Dakine give you a reason why not? Unless there is a reasonable explanation, I may just take Dakine of my list.

i wuzz wondering the same thing since i just ordered a nomad. is it that Dakine won't send one out directly to you or won't send one out to a dealer either?

Dirty Monkey
    Some hardware stores would have it, but needs to be specialty. One I know would be an Ace at Broadyway/Rural in Tempe, if that is close by you. Evergreen on Country Club also.
    [SIZE="3"]"May The Schwartz Be With You!"[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    I found one that works! I bought 10! Finding one was more of a pain in the ass than it should have been!

As far as Dakine goes.....I called the guys down at Rage where I bought the pack and they called Dakine. Dakine then directed me to a hardware store. I thought it was odd. They could have just stuck a couple in an envelope and sent them to the shop or me directly.

I sent Dakine customer service a polite request for them to send me a new o ring or two or a new bladder with one installed. I filled them in that I have purchased alot of their products over the years for snowboarding and biking. It will be interesting to see how they respond. I'll let you know.

Thanks,
    Ross

mtbr member
    Here is the response from Dakine!

Hi Ross,

While reading this email we thought, he needs an o-ring to fix the issue. The retailer mis-informed you as we do have these and will be sending out a couple of them today via UPS to the address you have provided below. You should see them arrive in about 4-5 Business days.

Thank you
    Dakine Warranty Department

Ouch, I am hot!
    Here is the response from Dakine!
    Dakine is back on the list. Not sure what is up with Rage though.
    I AM JUST A JERK

mtbr member
    Probably just miscommunication with Rage.

Ross

mtbr member
    so where did find the correct o-ring locally?
    i've got a nomad on the way and figure i'll pick up a few to keep in the pack...

Shovel Ready

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by 'size
    so where did find the correct o-ring locally?
    i've got a nomad on the way and figure i'll pick up a few to keep in the pack...
    What happened to the APEX? I use Camelbak bladders as I like the wider opening for cleaning.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

mtbr member
    I found the o rings at Home Depot at Indian Bend. I will grab the package tomorrow and post the exact size so you don't have to go through the same BS I did.

Ross

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trb2929
    What happened to the APEX? I use Camelbak bladders as I like the wider opening for cleaning.
    i decided i won't need to carry the foreman grill with me, the nomad should have plenty of room.