mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Black Canyon Trail GPX file??

I have done a search but can't find a GPX file of the whole Black Canyon Trail. Does anyone know where I could find one, or if one is even available??

Thanks in advance!

Ahhh the pain....
    Rich, go to this link https://drive.google.com/?tab=mo&aut...TdOdzAtMjQ5cTg and download the index file "ridefilesv1.xls". This directory on my gdrive contains all the bct gpx's.
    Your limits are both physical and mental. Suffering will help you find and overcome both.
    http://onegear-ray.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Thank you very much!

Ahhh the pain....
    Sure thing...if ya got any questions, between myself and others on here, we can probably get them answered....cheers
    Your limits are both physical and mental. Suffering will help you find and overcome both.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Raybum,

Do you have one file that is a GPX of the whole route??

Gracias!

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Rich,
    I think the file your looking for is the Hwy169toEmory, that pretty much covers it. The last 6 miles or so of 'official' BCT from Emory to rte74 is flat sand at the southern end.
    Ski. Ride. Hike. Be.
    My Two Schillingsworth

Ahhh the pain....
    Rich,
    FS is correct, that's the file you want. I should point out that BCT technically does not go all the way to Hwy 169, but that was a convenient point to start. The route follows some jeep/4wd roads south, across a few fields and such to then tie into BCT. You would have to drive in on Orme Rd (dirt) to access the northern terminus. Even then, their are several miles of jeep road before the singletrack begins. Another option is to start at Hwy 69 since the trail essentially goes under it. The stuff north of 69 can be fun, however be warned, there are sections post-holed pretty bad from cattle.
    If you want the full gpx that includes the (boring) stuff south of Emory, download the file called "cottondale"...that has ALL of BCT in it since we rode from Cottonwood to Scottsdale.

mtbr member
    Rich, not sure what kind of adventure you're cooking up, but you're not missing out on much starting from Orme Rd and heading down. If you've ridden the section from Hwy 69 to Bloody Basin you have a good idea of what it's like, plus some fence hopping and traversing open fields. Whatever you decide on, enjoy!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I did the AZT 300 race and signed up for the AZT 750 border to border race. Sections were pretty brutal although there were lots of nice sections too! I am trying to put together a border to border Arizona route that is more bikeable and enjoyable and thought I would throw the BCT into the mix since it sounds like a real gem. Will be going from South to north. Any suggestions on any other sections would be welcome too.

Ahhh the pain....
    Rich, Tim McCabe has put together a track that goes from Flag to Tucson that includes BCT, parts of the Coco250, and parts of the AZT300. If you go here https://drive.google.com/?tab=wo&authuser=0#my-drive , download the file called "Central AZ Route V3.gpx". He's hoping to run it as a race possibly this fall.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I have come to this link Black Canyon Trail - Table Mesa - Mountain biking trip | EveryTrail ,I also would like to know it's GPX file that's why I search about it,Hope It'll help you.

My other ride is your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by hillsidesedona View Post
    I have come to this link Black Canyon Trail - Table Mesa - Mountain biking trip | EveryTrail ,I also would like to know it's GPX file that's why I search about it,Hope It'll help you.
    Where did they teach you to talk like that? Was it is some Black Sea Sailor Wanna Hump Hump Bar? Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by freeskier46 View Post
    Rich,
    I think the file your looking for is the Hwy169toEmory, that pretty much covers it. The last 6 miles or so of 'official' BCT from Emory to rte74 is flat sand at the southern end.
    I have ridden about half that section from Emery Henderson going south. Rideable, but pretty boring. I did it once, but never again unless I am using it as a connector to the maricopa trail to get to my house in Anthem.
    Joe
    2003 KHS Alite 4000 26" Hardtail - XC, All mountain, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Raybum,

I couldn't open the file. Any other suggestions on the latest link you supplied?

Thanks!

Ahhh the pain....
    Rich, send me an email at rhemmele at g mail dot com. I'll send it to you that way.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer View Post
    Where did they teach you to talk like that? Was it is some Black Sea Sailor Wanna Hump Hump Bar? Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.....
    Yes laddy com along now to the gallies with old ye.