Thread: Bitten again

mtbr member

Bitten again

Oh boy I got the bug all over again. Well maybe I had the biking sickness all along and it was just in remission. My story is a few injuries and time in PT so I got out of the downhill madness which led to less of the trail riding. What was I thinking?! I sold my long travel bikes, got back into drag bike racing, gained some weight and told myself I was still a mountian biker. Well I won the track championship at Firebird raceway which was great but racing my drag bike didn't fill the void of ripping down the trail on the ragged edge of control. I have been back on the bike almost daily for three weeks and feel I am riding better than ever. Must be mountianbikeitous. Slow but Sure is back and I set a goal of 12 more pounds of weight loss then I might just replace the Stumpjumper with some new medicine. Who knows I might perscribe myself a new Pivot Firebird to cure the bug. See ya out there on the trail and shuttles.

mtbr member
    Welcome back. I got back in mtn bike after a long break when I did alot road course car racing. Fun, expensive and got tired of always having to wrench on the car to keep it in perfect condition and the racing took alot of time away from the family.

So I dusted off the mtn bike and have been riding it quite a bit. It has been fun and perfect for my time limitations. Sure it can't match the thrill of car racing, but it is really intended to.
    Joe
    2003 KHS Alite 4000 26" Hardtail - XC, All mountain, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

Shred...it's the new drug
    I'm back too!!! Elbow is healed and after an epic weekend up in flag including a night ride on the Super D course, a sick AZT shred and again this morning...I can't stop! Looking at forks and wheels right now for my newest trail shredding machine

mtbr member
    Hey Bob, can I have your old worn out trail shredding machine?

Shred...it's the new drug
    if you want...she's not too worn hasn't been ridding since 2012