mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Bike Swap Meets?

Are there ever any Bicycle swap meets here in Az?

Steve Frew

Saucy Size Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Threesticks
    Are there ever any Bicycle swap meets here in Az?

Steve Frew
    Yes. Here's the schedule as I know it:

GABA holds two swap meets in Tucson each year. The big BIG must-do one is the weekend before El Tour de Tucson. The second is, IIRC, in February sometime. Both are held on 4th Avenue and attract thousands of participants. The pre-El Tour one is awesome. I bring a box of books every year to sell, and convert my sales into a year's supply of bike crap and clothing I probably don't need.

Then there's a wee GABA swap in Phoenix. It was small, it was hot, it sucked, so I haven't been back to it. I can't even remember where it was. Somewhere east-central Valley, like kinda close to Papago Park. I think that one's in April. Google "GABA Phoenix" for an email address.

Tempe Bike has a swap meet that is sort of decent; attracts lots of old-skool riders and insider types. I picked up some very nice stuff there a couple months back. I think it was early December. Call the shop and ask.

And finally, Prescott has been trying to get some momentum for their bike swap meet. There's a local cycling advocacy group that puts it on, and I believe it's in April or so. I would call Ironclad or High Gear if you want more info. It was very small and very new, but I really dig the Prescott cycling scene so it was just fun to hang out.

No idea if Flagstaff puts anything on. Nobody's told me about it if they do.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

6x7=Dont Panic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B

GABA holds two swap meets in Tucson each year. The big BIG must-do one is the weekend before El Tour de Tucson. The second is, IIRC, in February sometime. Both are held on 4th Avenue and attract thousands of participants. The pre-El Tour one is awesome. I bring a box of books every year to sell, and convert my sales into a year's supply of bike crap and clothing I probably don't need.

Then there's a wee GABA swap in Phoenix. It was small, it was hot, it sucked, so I haven't been back to it. I can't even remember where it was. Somewhere east-central Valley, like kinda close to Papago Park. I think that one's in April. Google "GABA Phoenix" for an email address.

Tempe Bike has a swap meet that is sort of decent; attracts lots of old-skool riders and insider types. I picked up some very nice stuff there a couple months back. I think it was early December. Call the shop and ask.

And finally, Prescott has been trying to get some momentum for their bike swap meet. There's a local cycling advocacy group that puts it on, and I believe it's in April or so. I would call Ironclad or High Gear if you want more info. It was very small and very new, but I really dig the Prescott cycling scene so it was just fun to hang out.

p.
    NAU cycling club has one coming up soon. Don't know the date yet but I'll be bringing some sweet stuff.
    Herro prease

mtbr member
    May 2007

BTWW swap

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B

p.
    Paul, Flagstaff Biking Org. hosts a pretty decent bike swap the Sunday of the kickoff to Bike To Work Week in mid May, usually Mother's Sunday....check their website for details flagstaffbiking.org

Braaaapp!
    El bike swap de Tucson
    April 19th on 4th ave

Same day as New Belgium Beer's Urban Assult Ride in Tucson. Should be a fun day.