CrazyEye

Bike for big boy?

My buddy wants to buy a bike and start riding. He's about 5'11, 275lbs, no cardio, smokes and a real tight budget. So what would you guys recommend? I don't think he'd but too hard on a bike as far as riding style. But with a full camlepak he's gonna be a load...FS to absorb the impact or some real steel?

What's that smell?
    Might be able to score a deal on an 06 Kona Hoss at Slippery Pig. I think it's designed for large people.

http://www.konaworld.com/bikes/2006/hoss.htm

Ridin' Dirty
    Thats not big.
    My father-in-law bought a Specialized FSR XC, XL size frame and upgraded the fork.
    and he's like 6'4", 330+lbs.
    He's only ever rode like fire roads though, but he didn't have any complaints.

you might also try and post this in the big guy forums.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shovel Ready
    5-10 260 lbs here and I love steel for a HT! Aluminum HT was something I did not care for being a heavy rider. Ended up selling a very nice TREK 8500 do the rough ride feel. Replaced it with a Niner SIR9 and just love the flex of the steel and the big wheels. FS I ride a Turner RFX but any decent FS ride will work. I would just try and stay away from flexy suspension designs.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

Members who have read this thread: 0