mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Big news for Arizona gravity riding! Check it out.

No mames guey
    Like!

mtbr member
    Yee haa!. Besides all the other potential projects I'm really looking forward to the lower Brookbank reroute.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Yee haa!. Besides all the other potential projects I'm really looking forward to the lower Brookbank reroute.
    Me too, it's going to be a sweet way up to the Dry Lakes. We hab up L Brookbank a lot and I would much rather be riding.

Shred...it's the new drug
    Hell yeah!!! I was sporting my newly washed FGRO shirt all day in honor!!! Want one?

Click here!
    http://flagstaffbiking.org/flagstaff-gravity-riders/

parenting for gnarness
    must be missing the Lower Brookbank info, but love hearing it. I like Schultz->Little Gnarly, but Rocky Ridge and up something more tolerable would be a hoot!!! uppy uppy downy downy is the shiz! i feel a sick day coming on, need some Wasabi-tussin.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball View Post
    must be missing the Lower Brookbank info, but love hearing it. I like Schultz->Little Gnarly, but Rocky Ridge and up something more tolerable would be a hoot!!! uppy uppy downy downy is the shiz! i feel a sick day coming on, need some Wasabi-tussin.
    I'm not sure if it's part of the plan but a connector (as part of the reroute) to L. Brookbank from the bottom of Wasabi/Red Onion/U. Oldham would be the shizzle.

Carnivore
    Triple good news for me since I ride mtb's, motos and rock climb in those areas.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Flagstaff>Prescott
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

banned

Great news for riders. Not sure about how schools benefit

This is great news. The Forest Service has money for restoring Little Bear, they are restoring Little Elden Trail later this year, and now they are using some of this funding to finally do the Brookbank reroute.

West Secret / Twisted Sister is complete and last week, volunteers helped finish The AZ Trail from Schultz Tank to Snowbowl Road. Crews from American Conservation Experience (ACE), are working hard to complete the next section of AZ Trail from lower Snowbowl Road to aspen corner. With the exception of a trail leading from the end of Lower Fort Valley at Forest road 164b, over to the west end of Rocky Moto, my wish list is complete.

But what's up with getting funding from the Secure Rural Schools Act? How does that make any sense? How does this help rural schools?

This is Title II. Hard to make sense of this. Spend the cash ASAP before someone realizes they got fleeced.

Title II Special Projects on Federal Land
    Counties electing to set aside funds for Title II projects should work with the Forest Service to establish Resource
    Advisory Committees (RACs) that will recommend how Title II funds should be spent. Title II funds may be used for
    the purpose of making additional investments and creating additional employment opportunities through, projects that
    improve the maintenance of existing infrastructure, implementing stewardship objectives that enhance forest
    ecosystems, and restoring and improving land health and water quality. Projects shall have broad-based support with
    objectives that may include, but are not limited to: road, trail, and infrastructure maintenance or obliteration; soil
    productivity improvement; improvements in forest ecosystem health; watershed restoration and maintenance;
    restoration, maintenance and improvement of wildlife and fish habitat; control of noxious and exotic weeds; and
    reestablishment of native species. At least 50 percent of all Title II funds must be used for projects that are primarily
    dedicated to road maintenance, decommissioning, or obliteration; or restoration of streams and watersheds. The
    authority to initiate Title II projects terminates on September 30, 2011. Funds that are not spent or obligated by
    September 30, 2012, will be transferred to the U.S. Treasury.