Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bland

Best time of the year.

Looks like flagstaff is due for some fresh pow!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best time of the year.-oh-snap.png  

mtbr member
    Jerk

It's only supposed to hit 116 down here today

shred my gnar
    damn... 89 today! might have to turn on the... wait nevermind, dont have one.

cant wait for it to start... moondust is brutal right now.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Still, 90 degrees at 7000 + ft. is warm. Much better than riding here, but still warm.

Big B's Trails
    Quote Originally Posted by General Havoc View Post
    Still, 90 degrees at 7000 + ft. is warm. Much better than riding here, but still warm.
    One day at 89* then dropping to low 80's(79* where's my coat?) is something I could handle...vegas is supposed to be 114 tomorrow
    Trip is now planned to be a touron in flag over the 15th & 16th
    I dig dirt!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    It's here It's here!!!! So nice out right now, June kills me, thank god for the Monsoons. I wouldn't be able to live in AZ without em.

My other ride is your mom
    Bring it!!!!!

Elitest thrill junkie
    Raining in Prescott now! rode today and it felt cooler to me. Sure, its more humid, but its not that humid, and its harder to heat humid air.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

No Clue Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Raining in Prescott now! rode today and it felt cooler to me. Sure, its more humid, but its not that humid, and its harder to heat humid air.
    I love riding in the rain. Always feels great...

Elitest thrill junkie
    I don't like riding in thunderstorms, downright dangerous a lot of the time.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

mtbr member
    Was swimming in my underwear yesterday morning @ 5:30 at estrella mtn lol

No Clue Crew
    I don't like riding in thunderstorms, downright dangerous a lot of the time.
    We've got a better chance of winning the lottery than getting struck by lightning...

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    i'll be visiting family in the phoenix area at the end of july. recommend something for me to do in that heat.

mtbr member
    Ride in the morning early then float the river!

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post
    We've got a better chance of winning the lottery than getting struck by lightning...
    Sorry, but bullsh*t. Sure, on a sunny day out of nowhere...but riding an aluminum bike, in a thunderstorm, usually in fairly high terrain or in the open-dramatically improves those odds. Besides that, have u been caught in a severe hailstorm? Ive been within a hundred feet or so of lightning strikes, thunder so loud it deafens you and you feel the shockwave. Its not a joke and i urge people to take it seriously.

No Clue Crew
    Sorry, but bullsh*t. Sure, on a sunny day out of nowhere...but riding an aluminum bike, in a thunderstorm, usually in fairly high terrain or in the open-dramatically improves those odds. Besides that, have u been caught in a severe hailstorm? Ive been within a hundred feet or so of lightning strikes, thunder so loud it deafens you and you feel the shockwave. Its not a joke and i urge people to take it seriously.
    Maybe, but we are talking about two different things. Never been caught on a bike in a severe thunderstorm or hailstorm 'cause I don't go out in SEVERE weather. I'm talking normal, drizzling, on and off rain.

Elitest thrill junkie
    At this time of year, most rain here means thunderstorms. I understand that may not be the case everywhere.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    i hate rain,, but its okay as long as it gets rids of the blowing dust and then gets the hell out of here...

No Clue Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike View Post
    i hate rain,, but its okay as long as it gets rids of the blowing dust and then gets the hell out of here...
    That's one of the benefits. Kills the dust and usually blows all the smog out as well. The cooling effect is another bonus...

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I was caught up on the Upper Saddle of the Grand Teton once in a VERY violent thunder and lightning storm, it was TERRIFYING! I'm not a religious person but I was praying to god to please let me survive. I skied part way down a coulior that doglegged toward Idaho then ditched my skis and used a big sharp rock for a glissading brake as I slid down patches of icy snow and jumped down small cliffs toward the Exum tent on the Low Saddle. The whole time lightning was exploding all around me! It had me really freaked out on lightning for about 10 years, I am pretty over it but if I'm up high and exposed I am very aware of building clouds and I like to get down before it really starts to crack.

The .05 percent
    Feb 2006
    I have been in memphis for the last 3 days watching the weather back home. Can't wait to be home and ride. Only thing in my way is a 19 hour drive in a moving truck.
    29'ers are the scientologists of the MTB world

banned
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sinatorj View Post
    I have been in memphis for the last 3 days watching the weather back home. Can't wait to be home and ride. Only thing in my way is a 19 hour drive in a moving truck.
    Drive safe my friend.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Cruiser Nation today!

Big B's Trails
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    I was caught up on the Upper Saddle of the Grand Teton once in a VERY violent thunder and lightning storm, it was TERRIFYING! I'm not a religious person but I was praying to god to please let me survive. I skied part way down a coulior that doglegged toward Idaho then ditched my skis and used a big sharp rock for a glissading brake as I slid down patches of icy snow and jumped down small cliffs toward the Exum tent on the Low Saddle. The whole time lightning was exploding all around me! It had me really freaked out on lightning for about 10 years, I am pretty over it but if I'm up high and exposed I am very aware of building clouds and I like to get down before it really starts to crack.
    I have had a very similar experience ... and I also have mucho repect for it after the fact.... Nothing has ever made me feel so scared/nervous!
    I dig dirt!

slower than you
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    Cruiser Nation today!
    Powder day today!

First great day of summer. Hope you didn't waste your day on that silly, over-hyped, hipster-approved event. Too good to do anything but really ride.
    "Let our people travel light and free on their bicycles." Ed Abbey
    http://www.rockychrysler.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast