Closekids.com

Best place to rent a bike for the weekend

I'm moving out here but don't have a bike yet. I would love to rent a RIP 9 or something like it for the weekend. Thought I would ride like crazy because the family is not coming until next week and I have the weekend to myself.

Any suggestions??

Thank you and I really looking forward to riding your trails.

BJ
    Me to my riding buddy, "Want to ride this afternoon?"
    Him, "I can't. I have to chop this guys foot off at 2".

mtbr member
    What city are you in?
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

Closekids.com
    Sorry, Paradise Valley area. But I'm thinking I might make a trip to Sedona since I have time this weekend.
    Me to my riding buddy, "Want to ride this afternoon?"
    Him, "I can't. I have to chop this guys foot off at 2".

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomingSooner View Post
    Sorry, Paradise Valley area. But I'm thinking I might make a trip to Sedona since I have time this weekend.
    Cactus Bike in Ahwatukee rents bikes and is very close to South Mountain. I'd post a link, but the forum says I need to hit 10 posts before I can.

If you'll be in Sedona, you'll have a lot of choices. Bike and Bean and Absolute Bikes come to mind. Both very close to trails. I'll be out there this weekend myself - can't wait to escape the heat, even if it's only 10 degrees cooler, there.

wawe member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomingSooner View Post
    I'm moving out here but don't have a bike yet. I would love to rent a RIP 9 or something like it for the weekend. Thought I would ride like crazy because the family is not coming until next week and I have the weekend to myself.

Any suggestions??

Thank you and I really looking forward to riding your trails.

BJ
    I got a friend setup with a Pivot 429 rental from Trailhead Bike Cafe a year or so ago. Full XT build, not a bad rental. Not sure if they still have them available or not.

http://www.trailheadbikecafe.com/

banned
    Jun 2011
    If you are going to Sedona, rent from the Bike and Bean in Oak Creek.
    Good Folks.
    Screw absolute...

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Tech View Post
    Cactus Bike in Ahwatukee rents bikes and is very close to South Mountain. I'd post a link, but the forum says I need to hit 10 posts before I can.

If you'll be in Sedona, you'll have a lot of choices. Bike and Bean and Absolute Bikes come to mind. Both very close to trails. I'll be out there this weekend myself - can't wait to escape the heat, even if it's only 10 degrees cooler, there.
    absolute bikes worked for me the last time. easy to find and minutes from the trail.

mtbr member
    Living in Sedona, my favorite shop is Bike and Bean. They have 4" and 6" bikes (mostly Santa Cruz) in the rental fleet, and some of the best trail knowledge you'll find in a bike shop. The trails take off from their driveway practically. I've lived in West Sedona, but been a loyal customer of theirs for years now. http://www.bike-bean.com/Sedona_Bike...e/Rentals.html

Mountain Bike Heaven just closed last week so don't bother with them.

Absolute I haven't much experience with. In the few times I've been there, I haven't had any experience worth remembering, good or bad. I know they rent Specialized, but no Idea on models. They're right across from Bike and Bean, so close to trails too. http://www.absolutebikes.net/sedona/...html~mainFrame

The only other place in Sedona is Fat Tire in uptown. His only draw in my opinion are that he rents Ibis Mojo's for a pretty penny, I presume. He's relatively close to Jordan Trailhead, its a mile or so pavement pedal to get there. http://www.thefattire.com/
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    AOA. The best. Came from canada and used them. Perfection.
    2011 Giant Anthem3 x29'er - Stock (so far)
    2009 Specialized RockHopper Hardtail - Looking to rebuild