Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Best Current (& Legal) Sedona Map and where to get it?

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  blaklabl 
#1 ·
Not trying to stoke the Sedrama, just want to know which map is regarded as the best for some people visiting that aren't interested in riding illegal trails or in trying to decipher "locals only" code. Thanks.

#4 ·
No, I'm not sure what Absolute sells but it's probably a paper map of the one and done variety. Both the Emmitt Barks and Beartooth maps are waterproof fold outs and worth the $11.99, if anything to support the mapmaker for going to that level of effort. They're very nice maps so if you're going to come back for more I would get one of those, but hey I've got more than 100 maps in my garage. I have a map fetish.:D

Attachments

#6 ·
Bike and Bean has the Beartooth Core Trails map. Everything on it is legal, except Transcept. Will might have taken it out in the newest shipment. Yes, it's 12 bucks. Yes, it's worth it. It has suggested routes, and trail difficulty ratings. It's a topo, so it can help you find your location between trail intersections.

#8 ·
Rockman, thanks! I downloaded the Avenza Map & the Sedona MTB & Hikes map you suggested and it was awesome for only $2.99. The part I really liked most about it was the fact that your GPS signal places you on the PDF map and really helps you make a decision which way you want to go - not the best decision I found, but that's not that maps' fault.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.