Just A Mountain Biker.

Best Current (& Legal) Sedona Map and where to get it?

Not trying to stoke the Sedrama, just want to know which map is regarded as the best for some people visiting that aren't interested in riding illegal trails or in trying to decipher "locals only" code. Thanks.
    26" isn't dead, it just got FAT

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blaklabl View Post
    Not trying to stoke the Sedrama, just want to know which map is regarded as the best for some people visiting that aren't interested in riding illegal trails or in trying to decipher "locals only" code. Thanks.
    online w/ an app for your phone: Offline Map of Sedona MTB and Hike Trails
    paper map: Beartooth. Recreational Topo Maps and Guidebooks, Beartooth Publishing, Sedona, Arizona Outdoor Map

If you want to support the local the guy the Emmit Barks map is good as well: http://emmittbarks.com/images/sedona_cover.jpg
    "Fart in a paper bag, after eating the #17 plate from filibertos. STRAVA!" M77Ranger.

Just A Mountain Biker.
    Thanks Rockman, so it's the $2.99 map not the $11.99 VVCC version that is called the Absolute Bikes Trail Map? I appreciate the help.

mtbr member
    Thanks Rockman, so it's the $2.99 map not the $11.99 VVCC version that is called the Absolute Bikes Trail Map? I appreciate the help.
    No, I'm not sure what Absolute sells but it's probably a paper map of the one and done variety. Both the Emmitt Barks and Beartooth maps are waterproof fold outs and worth the $11.99, if anything to support the mapmaker for going to that level of effort. They're very nice maps so if you're going to come back for more I would get one of those, but hey I've got more than 100 maps in my garage. I have a map fetish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best Current (& Legal) Sedona Map and where to get it?-maps.jpg  

"Fart in a paper bag, after eating the #17 plate from filibertos. STRAVA!" M77Ranger.

Give it a crank
    You mean this one? http://www.absolutebikes.net/wp-cont...k_Bike_Map.pdf

From: Absolute Bikes |Trails & Roads- Sedona Absolute Bikes |

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Bike and Bean has the Beartooth Core Trails map. Everything on it is legal, except Transcept. Will might have taken it out in the newest shipment. Yes, it's 12 bucks. Yes, it's worth it. It has suggested routes, and trail difficulty ratings. It's a topo, so it can help you find your location between trail intersections.

mtbr member
    My son and I popped in there and purchased a tri-fold laminated map that was fantastic for $6.95 and worth every penny. Plus I like to help out the LBS
    San Diego needs singletrack

Just A Mountain Biker.
    Rockman, thanks! I downloaded the Avenza Map & the Sedona MTB & Hikes map you suggested and it was awesome for only $2.99. The part I really liked most about it was the fact that your GPS signal places you on the PDF map and really helps you make a decision which way you want to go - not the best decision I found, but that's not that maps' fault.

mtbr member
    Rockman, thanks! I downloaded the Avenza Map & the Sedona MTB & Hikes map you suggested and it was awesome for only $2.99. The part I really liked most about it was the fact that your GPS signal places you on the PDF map and really helps you make a decision which way you want to go - not the best decision I found, but that's not that maps' fault.
    You need to thank Traildoc for that one. He worked closely with Skidmap to make sure they got all the gps tracks on his own dime.

Just A Mountain Biker.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    You need to thank Traildoc for that one. He worked closely with Skidmap to make sure they got all the gps tracks on his own dime.
    Well, since he's banned but probably lurking, thanks TD.