Closekids.com

Best Cat 3 Race Series

Just wondering if there was a good Cat 3 race circuit. I'd like to race occasionally just to keep myself from eating like crap

Thanks for any input.
    Me to my riding buddy, "Want to ride this afternoon?"
    Him, "I can't. I have to chop this guys foot off at 2".

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    The MBAA series starts in january .The Mountain Bike Association of Arizona - RACING

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    The MBAA has the lowest entry fees around also.

Registered Bike Offender
    Pretty sure the MBAA is the ONLY race series in town anymore. All other races are one-time endurance events. It's a blast for CAT3. It's where I got my start in racing.
    "Grab life by the bars"

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomingSooner View Post
    Just wondering if there was a good Cat 3 race circuit. I'd like to race occasionally just to keep myself from eating like crap
    There are plenty of cyclocross races starting in October and going on until mid December. You can use a mtn bike if you don't have a cross bike. It's still pretty much you against the clock like in a mtn bike race. Also, have you considered getting a road bike and racing that as well? There are races in AZ from mid January until may/august. Here's the calendar from this year starting in January. Tons of races!

CALENDAR ::

Cross: // 2012 SCHEDULE // AZCROSS There's azcross and Focus bike shop will have 3 races on other weekends as well.

Either way, racing a bike is racing a bike. Have fun!

Oh, I ride pretty much everything and can eat whatever the fk I want.

Always a good day to ride
    Quote Originally Posted by AZspeeding View Post
    There are plenty of cyclocross races starting in October and going on until mid December. You can use a mtn bike if you don't have a cross bike. It's still pretty much you against the clock like in a mtn bike race. Also, have you considered getting a road bike and racing that as well? There are races in AZ from mid January until may/august. Here's the calendar from this year starting in January. Tons of races!

CALENDAR ::

Cross: // 2012 SCHEDULE // AZCROSS There's azcross and Focus bike shop will have 3 races on other weekends as well.

Either way, racing a bike is racing a bike. Have fun!

Oh, I ride pretty much everything and can eat whatever the fk I want.
    I agree that the MBAA is a great series for all level of riders! Cyclocross is also a great call. Looking forward to the event weekend up here in Flag in 3 weeks.