Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Because Everyone Seems To Like a Good Crash caught on video

mtbr member
    Ouch! Did your tire just wash out?
    The worst part was it looks like you stepped on the lens of your sunglasses.

"No Clue Crew"
    Nice! How did you get uncliped?!?!?....... Drew

Dirt Bike Craig
    Ouch! Same thing happened to my friend. Looks like your pedal or crank arm on the left side whacked a big rock
    Check out my photography on RedBubble http://www.redbubble.com/people/fmxdbc

mtbr member
    Looks like you clipped a rock on the left? Ouch and glad you're apparently ok.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Yes! - now that I've watched it again that does look like what happened. Thank you guys for your replies. I've been wondering, and I spent the whole rest of the ride watching for loose rocks in the middle of the trail. Guess that wasn't what happened.

Glad I know. I have to replace my almost new helmet now though... All in all great day. You can't let a crash bring you down when you have the beauty of the Black Canyon all around you (even if you were in a bit of pain for the rest of the ride)

mtbr member
    I can't see your video on my phone but I've crashed enough to know they cost big money and keep me off my bike. So no crash is a good crash to me. Hope you fared well.

Ahhh the pain....
    The good news is that you didn't seem to land on any cacti! I've had my fair share of crashes out at BCT and luckily most seem to be relatively low speed and I end up "on the trail" vs "off to the side".
    Your limits are both physical and mental. Suffering will help you find and overcome both.
    http://onegear-ray.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    So that's what it looks like to go OTB... Each time I've done it my eyes instinctly closed so I didn't know what it looked like. lol Glad you're ok.

mtbr member
    A real JRA crash...just riding along! Those are the worst. Totally out of the blue, not expecting it. Glad you weren't hurt.

mtbr member
    whoa, where did you put the ejector seat button??? I swear I didn't see you hit it...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybum View Post
    The good news is that you didn't seem to land on any cacti! I've had my fair share of crashes out at BCT and luckily most seem to be relatively low speed and I end up "on the trail" vs "off to the side".
    I clipped a Cholla on my arm going too fast around a corner at K-Trail Saturday. I've been stuck by Cholla before and no big deal, but this one got me full force and dug in deep. Felt like I got stabbed... and while looking left and wondering what the pain was from I clipped a rock with my ankle. No crash but a double whammy for sure.

That place has Cholla out the azz

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Looked abrupt! Ouch!

K3N
    Certified slacker
    Too bad you have to replace a fairly new helmet, but it was in the right place

Now put up a version without the music so we can hear the" oomph.....wtf happened?"

Glad you seem to be ok

mtbr member
    This is really bizzare, because it's on straight segment. Brings back memories of my crash, when I was just riding along when suddenly everything stopped... and you think... WTF just happened???

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    Cridge, glad you are okay. That was nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by FMX_DBC View Post
    Ouch! Same thing happened to my friend. Looks like your pedal or crank arm on the left side whacked a big rock
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    So glad you guys posted the cause of the crash. I was stumped and it was driving me crazy.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    It's all so perfectly lined-up. FOOT + ROCK = SITTING ON TRAIL

Same thing happened to me on the Gloriana Mine section on the BCT. The way it threw me it felt like I went OTB. Now, I'm paranoid about embedded rocks on the edge of the trail.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PhxChem View Post
    It's all so perfectly lined-up. FOOT + ROCK = SITTING ON TRAIL

Same thing happened to me on the Gloriana Mine section on the BCT. The way it threw me it felt like I went OTB. Now, I'm paranoid about embedded rocks on the edge of the trail.....
    Perfect, lol. Am going to be more vigilant for that sh!t!!!

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    I think 90% of my crashes are like that. JRA then whoop! there goes the front tire from a pedal strike or washout. I had about the same exact thing happen to me at Kentucky Camp - bruised my heel wicked bad. Always nice getting a closer look at the trail though. You can really appreciate the detail in the craftsmanship. Still better than falling off the couch!
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

RHRF!
    The same type of crash happened to me 10 years ago on the MRT - McKenzie River Trail, in central Oregon. Just cruising along on sweet 1-track and then, BAM - I'm flying over the bars and landing on my knees, palms, and forearms in crushed volcanic dirt w/o any pads or armor! So I jump up and look back up the trail only to see buff 1-track as far as I can see . Dazed and confused... I then started looking at the sides of the trail and sure enough, there in the 12-inch tall grass next to the trail, is a half-buried, basketball sized, volcanic rock that I just happened to strike with my right crankarm at about the 4 o'clock position... thereby launching me into the trail.

I slowly rode the rest of the way back to the car with blood running down my shins and forearms... GOOD TIMES!
    "The secret of joy is the mastery of pain." (Anaïs Nin)

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    While riding out at Picketpost one time, I hit a small grass concelaed stump along the trail edge just like Titusbro describes. It'll feck up your dope, make no mistake about it.
    Without heroes, we are all plain people, and don't know how far we can go. Bernard Malamud

Eroding into the trail

Everybody likes a crash on video!

mtbr member
    I just did the same dang thing.

Started the ride with one of those nice big rocks kicked up into my shin. Nice big goose egg on the shin.

The hit the rock hard enough to lift the end of the bike off the ground and rode the front wheel for about 10 feet and OTB I went. The knuckles on the left hand hurt, the shoulder has a little hamburger and the helmet took the brunt of it.

A fun but painful ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Because Everyone Seems To Like a Good Crash caught on video-sam_2230.jpg  

mtbr member
    I think it was the hose on your camelback. You have to remember to hook that thing back in or it will get you every time

Vitamin Bike Added
    Let's just say I have learned that I NEED to remove my shades as the earliest signs of sundown from now on when riding anything remotely fast or downhill...
    Keep the rubber side down

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast